This Just In - Current USH Happenings | Page 89 | Inside Universal Forums

This Just In - Current USH Happenings

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
2-4 inches of rain in one day is more than a summer thunderstorm
Not here. Happens a few times every summer. And the winds will often gust to 50 to 60 MPH. Plus we get the cloudburst inversions. No one makes a big deal out of it though.....and...the post above that I responded to stated '2' inches of rain and '10 to 20 mile' winds, which is essentially a nothing burger around here.....If anything, a couple inches of rain should help Ca. out during their upcoming wildfire season, so it's probably more a plus than a minus....

Last edited:
Not here. Happens a few times every summer. And the winds will often gust to 50 to 60 MPH. Plus we get the cloudburst inversions. No one makes a big deal out of it though.....and...the post above that I responded to stated '2' inches of rain and '10 to 20 mile' winds, which is essentially a nothing burger around here.....If anything, a couple inches of rain should help Ca. out during their upcoming wildfire season, so it's probably more a plus than a minus....
Come on man, lol.

I worked universal 2016, we closed early. They forced us to go home so we got paid a full day with like 4 hours worked or something, it definitely was a smaller storm than this too

I responded to stated '2' inches of rain and '10 to 20 mile' winds, which is essentially a nothing burger around here.....If anything, a couple inches of rain should help Ca. out during their upcoming wildfire season, so it's probably more a plus than a minus....

Florida's ecosystem isn't So Cal though - which is why to us it's just another day.

This isn't a freak storm that will destroy SoCal - but just that amount of rainfall can cause issues with mudslides. Your post is coming off just a tad bit dismissive.

I worked universal 2016, we closed early. They forced us to go home so we got paid a full day with like 4 hours worked or something, it definitely was a smaller storm than this too

Was that the infamous HHN that got rained out about an hour in? That was a crazy night. Mazes were getting flooded, as I recall. Guest Relations still gets shivers when people mention that night, they had to go through a lot of crap from basically an entire park of angry guests

Reactions: Michael S
Was that the infamous HHN that got rained out about an hour in? That was a crazy night. Mazes were getting flooded, as I recall. Guest Relations still gets shivers when people mention that night, they had to go through a lot of crap from basically an entire park of angry guests

I remember it. Monsters and Halloween 4 had maybe three actors in the maze each, in the only positions unaffected by rain. Stranger Things stayed open. Everyone else was pulled. Weird night.

Reactions: Rideguy70
Haha, no didn’t work that night. But I know about that. Yup. Also mazes smelled moldy the rest of the season

Reactions: Rideguy70