This Just In - Current USH Happenings | Page 93 | Inside Universal Forums

This Just In - Current USH Happenings

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Universal has done this for a while to promote their animated releases! Dru for Despicable Me 3, Kevin for Minions 2, Toothless for How to Train Your Dragon: Hidden World, the yeti for Abominable, Boss Baby, etc...

Hm, I see. Don't think I've seen the last two, though It just feels so far out in between and I'm not even sure if they keep the characters around after the fact. Don't think we've seen Toothless since HTTYD 3 came out.

It’s worth keeping in mind that Comcast is leaning into the vertical integration on this. They’ve had multiple ads and activations on Sunday Night Football — and it’s still the first quarter. I think it’s more surprising that they haven’t always leaned into this than it is that they’re getting after it now.

It’s worth keeping in mind that Comcast is leaning into the vertical integration on this. They’ve had multiple ads and activations on Sunday Night Football — and it’s still the first quarter. I think it’s more surprising that they haven’t always leaned into this than it is that they’re getting after it now.
I understand the confusing but cmon.
Universal does seem to use its parks a lot of advertising. That’s all this is really!

367E99A7-11C5-4493-8730-A047D46F0A12.jpeg
I’m super glad Universal is finally doing more movie tie in meet and greets. The Gwen is ridiculous cute in person.

Heads Up the parks are now packed until the end of the year

Last few weeks haven't been too bad and last night which was a Monday and raining and it was insane. All rides had lines and Grinch had a 180 min wait up stairs

Heads Up the parks are now packed until the end of the year

Last few weeks haven't been too bad and last night which was a Monday and raining and it was insane. All rides had lines and Grinch had a 180 min wait up stairs
Guess I got lucky on this past Sunday. IsItPacked forecasted it to be "Forget About It" levels but it only ended up being mild crowds to where on the tracker, it said "Hey It's Alright".

I think come two weeks from now MK will be 30-60 on most weekends and be 30-40 most weekdays.

USH has AP's on SALE right now...that tells me they must not be selling as many as they would like because you don't discount AP's a year after the biggest bump in attendance in a long time unless you have to

(also I mean in the normal off season...spring break, summer, and so on will be per normal longer wait times)

Last edited:
From @HydraGen2299: The Bates Motel is in the process of partial dismantling of the building, beginning with sections closest to the car lot.

IMG_7583.jpg

It is not clear if this is studio oriented, as the Bates Motel and War of The Worlds sets has been previously earmarked for Studio incentives, or if it'll be for the Universal Studios Hollywood 60th Anniversary.

Wotw is cool man
It was but after seeing it in theaters and it being there all these years....I'm ready for it to become theme park space lol

I do have fond memories of it though. Back when my Dad worked in the studio, he took me on a golf cart ride through the WotW sets back when it was new. Security wasn't happy because he forgot to get clearance so they let him off with a warning. Still was pretty cool though! Even got to see the old Tram stop where they had the Incredible Shrinking woman (Which is still there!). I also have a funny story about one of my dad's friends getting stuck in the Mummy tunnel on a golf cart but that's another story for another time.

But yeah, to echo Alex, it's time for something new.

But yeah, to echo Alex, it's time for something new.

Plus even if it's something as simple as just, new sets; it'd still give more of an incentive for the sake of the 60th anniversary of the tour.

If it wasn't for relevancy, I almost wonder if they could consider doing a "Jupiter's Claim" approach and bring Los Alamos from Oppenheimer to that entire area. Would be great to see them bring in the sets from the 2023 film; much like what happened in the past (or more likely: I wonder if they're finally gonna buckle down and commit to having a proper "Transportation Lot" now with Barham the way it is).

Exciting times, and it is a show of the future of the backlot evolving as it should.

I'd be pretty upset if the Bates Motel is gone

WoTW set is amazing but takes up a good deal of space but if they are removing it just because and not adding a new attraction then rather it stay over nothing

I remember the rumors years ago of Diagon coming to USH but having it located in the Falls Lake area. To me that sounds like the kind of expansion you would want to have prime and ready for the LA Olympics. If they wanted something like that open the , then time to start on that would be like, um….REALLY soon. Like in three months max. Could this be prep?

If it wasn't for relevancy, I almost wonder if they could consider doing a "Jupiter's Claim" approach and bring Los Alamos from Oppenheimer to that entire area.
No.

EDIT: Honestly not sure why this keeps happening. I feel like we shouldn't have to keep explaining this, but not every successful movie should be in the theme parks, especially when that movies is about the birth of the atomic bomb and actual war crimes! Maybe that's just me.

Last edited:
I remember the rumors years ago of Diagon coming to USH but having it located in the Falls Lake area. To me that sounds like the kind of expansion you would want to have prime and ready for the LA Olympics. If they wanted something like that open the , then time to start on that would be like, um….REALLY soon. Like in three months max. Could this be prep?
So if they did do that, would the plan be to make a path between the back of Hogsmead and then snack back into that area of the tram?