Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tomorrowland re-do?

The Merchant of Venus space has been closed since pre-COVID. The space opened back up today, but not as a gift shop and more as a seating area for Auntie Gravity's. The signage for Merchant of Venus does still remain.
merchant-venus-relaxation-area-tomorrowland-interior-10.jpg

That color just makes it look dirty.
In all fairness, there's parts of the mountain just above the trim that are VERY dirty and that could be attributing to what your mind is seeing. I think they're going for a color that won't fade as easily as the blue does. It's sort of a "sunset" color.

In all fairness, there's parts of the mountain just above the trim that are VERY dirty and that could be attributing to what your mind is seeing. I think they're going for a color that won't fade as easily as the blue does. It's sort of a "sunset" color.
Also if people think the new paint looks dirty now, you won't be able to tell when it IS dirty. :lol:

Still just waiting for anything to happen with the SGE space. I think most would agree with me when I say that at this point (slightly biased as I was one of its 5 fans), we'd rather have the show still be open than just rotting away.

It being open would be better than not I suppose but SGE, much like Supercharged, is one of the few attractions I’d be okay with just sitting closed and abandoned.

Why? Something operating means that there’s little chance of anything happening to it for a long while. Some closed and abandoned means the space has potential.

It being open would be better than not I suppose but SGE, much like Supercharged, is one of the few attractions I’d be okay with just sitting closed and abandoned.

Why? Something operating means that there’s little chance of anything happening to it for a long while. Some closed and abandoned means the space has potential.
That's fair.

Best thing to do (I think) would be to bring back both SGE and AE, by offering a M:S-style solution. There's two theaters, simply have one operate Stitch (green) and the other operate AE (orange). The pre-shows used the exact same animatronics in both versions, so it would just have to switch dialogue depending on what group is going.

Of course though that won't happen, and seeing as how Frontierland is getting all the love, sadly wouldn't be surprised if this space continues to sit abandoned for another long couple of years.

That's fair.

Best thing to do (I think) would be to bring back both SGE and AE, by offering a M:S-style solution. There's two theaters, simply have one operate Stitch (green) and the other operate AE (orange). The pre-shows used the exact same animatronics in both versions, so it would just have to switch dialogue depending on what group is going.

Of course though that won't happen, and seeing as how Frontierland is getting all the love, sadly wouldn't be surprised if this space continues to sit abandoned for another long couple of years.
Well if you believe the rumors, Frontierland is getting the love because the only thing in Frontierland left is going to be BTM. the rest of Frontierland is slated to become New Orleans, which is why they are talking about “beyond Big Thunder”, as that would be the “new” Frontierland or whatever you want to call it.

Last edited:
Is that just speculation?

I would fear for the future of the Country Bears in that scenario.
The rumor is that what is currently Frontierland will be transformed into New Orleans. Fret not though, for it's also stated in the rumor that not only would CBJ stay safe, but be getting a good renovation!