Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Top Ten Dark Rides

So it's totally ruined the original experience? I ask because I have rode it in awhile.

Hard to say, to me the ride was all about what it would feel like to actually fly. So by toning it down I don't have those same feelings of flight. Maybe I need to ride it again with a clear head, but it won't be easy.

After riding Splash Mountain tonight, I have come to realize I have to swallow my pride and admit as a dark ride, SM is better than Dudley. Obviously if you looked at my list I said I preferred Dudley(which I still do) BUT I have to give respect to SM. Again, I prefer Dudley as a die hard Universal fan. But there's so many more impressive AA's on SM than there is on Dudley. I have a ton of fun on both rides. But I do feel like I have a better time when I ride Dudley. As you can see, I'm conflicted haha

After riding Splash Mountain tonight, I have come to realize I have to swallow my pride and admit as a dark ride, SM is better than Dudley. Obviously if you looked at my list I said I preferred Dudley(which I still do) BUT I have to give respect to SM. Again, I prefer Dudley as a die hard Universal fan. But there's so many more impressive AA's on SM than there is on Dudley. I have a ton of fun on both rides. But I do feel like I have a better time when I ride Dudley. As you can see, I'm conflicted haha

Splash Mountain being so awesome is why I'm so down on Dudley. You can't help but to compare the two. The thing I hate most about Dudley is being stuck in that long claustrophobic hallway while waiting in line. Don't get me wrong though, its still better than your local theme park log ride.

Splash Mountain being so awesome is why I'm so down on Dudley. You can't help but to compare the two. The thing I hate most about Dudley is being stuck in that long claustrophobic hallway while waiting in line. Don't get me wrong though, its still better than your local theme park log ride.
I hate the dark, unthemed, moldy tunnel before the "Horse! I lost my train of thought" line. Or the drop before the last, which gives some terrible backstage views as you literally drop through scaffolding. The line is pretty dark and confusing. I do appreciate some of the touches in it, though.

Reading this tonight I was rethinking my top ten dark rides...

10. Splash Mountain (MK)
9. Revenge of the Mummy (USF)
8. Men In Black Alien Attack (USF)
7. Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man (IOA)
6. Haunted Mansion (MK)
5. Transformers (USF)
4. Pirates of the Carribbean (DL)
3. Twilight Zone Tower of Terror (DHS)
2. Indiana Jones Adventure (DL)
1. Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey (IOA)

Sadly, I've always been a huge coaster fiend and I don't even think I've been on 10 dark rides in my life that I can remember, but I have to agree with tiredoldspook and say that one of my absolute favorite dark rides is Monster Plantation and, to a slightly lesser extent, its successor Monster Mansion at Six Flags Over Georgia. It was my first dark ride at 7 years old and I've never gone to the park over the last 17 years without taking a seat in one of those boats and riding through it.

After my trip to Universal next weekend, I'm going to flesh out a whole list so I appreciate everyone's patience. lol

Mine would have to be:

10: ET
9: Peter Pan
8: space mountain
7: rock n roller coaster
6: Indianna jones
5: radiator springs racers
4: forbidden journey
3: tower of terror
2: spider-man
1: Haunted Mansion

Had to edit to include RSR

Last edited:
Haven't been on Harry Potter, Transformers and Radiator Springs Racers yet but I'm sure they would be pretty high up there if I did

10. Spaceship Earth
9. Indiana Jones Adventure
8. Tower of Terror(Orlando)
7. Pretzel (Sandy Lake Park, Texas)
6 Space Mountain (Disneyland)
5. The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man
4. Pirates of the Caribbean (Disneyland)
3. Revenge of the Mummy (Orlando)
2. Haunted Mansion (Orlando)
1. The Speelunker Cave (Six Flags over Texas)

Of active rides:

10. Splash Mountain
9. Dinosaur!
8. Test Track (wasn't sure about the new look, but very impressed)
7. Space Mountain
6. E.T. Adventure
5. Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
4. Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man
3. Transformers (Transformers and Spidey are pretty neck and neck...Transformers by a smidge because of the insane street chase and Devastator scenes)
2. Haunted Mansion
1. Revenge of the Mummy

Favorite defunct rides:
Kongfrontation, Back to the Future, Jaws (at night with the gas effects...so awesome), and Horizons.

Last edited:
My definition of a dark ride is simple. Any motion based ride where over 50% of the ride is in the dark.
So from that my top-10 are:

CURRENT
10|Haunted Mansion
9|MIB Alien attack
8|Spaceship Earth
7|Test Track
6|Polar Express
5|Dinosaur
4|Peter Pans Flight
3|Revenge of the Mummy
2|ET Adventure
1|Toy Story Mania

ALL-TIME
10|Spaceship Earth
9|Haunted Mansion
8|Polar Express
7|Dinosaur
6|Peters Pan Flight
5|Revenge of The Mummy
4|ET Adventure
3|Back To The Future
2|Toy Story Mania
1|Kongfrontation

Last edited:
Polar Express? Really? I haven't done but isn't it just the ride vehicle synced to clips of the movie?

Let me just preface this by saying I think my top ten list is extremely fluid. Since unfortunately it's not possible to try out all these rides in a single day it's hard to objectively stack them against each other. I'm a little biased towards overall immersion and AA's. I admit I have been snorting the Pixie dust more recently since it's a while for Universal Florida (last there Jan 2012 for Jaws closing), and as I said the more recent always seems to stand out higher in my mind.

To be fair though, I've been snorting the really pure Pixie Dust as of late (Tokyo, Anaheim, HK)

Top Ten
1. Journey to the Centre of the Earth (Tokyo)
-At the end of the day, I can find nothing to nit-pick about this ride and land as a whole. The package as a whole is essentially perfect and it is theme park marvel when you realize all the goodness that they have packed into Mysterious Island (including also technically containing Triton's Kingdom). It's the type of land the fanboi's meticulously dream of (let's stack this on top of this on top of this), which is completely unrealistic... except it happened.

2. Harry Potter Forbidden Journey (Orlando)
-I love the HP Universe, and it is a nearly perfect land. The first time I rode this (not really knowing what to expect), my mind imploded. Light on AA's so that's how good I really think it is. Amazing pre-show stuff as well.

3. Radiator Springs Racers (Anaheim)
-If we are talking pure "classic" dark ride here, RSR has my top two beat. It's not as fast as JTTCOE, or crazy ride system like Potter, but it has it's own wonderful merits. The most photogenic of lands in my top three, but apart from the rock work it lacks much of a pre-show experience. I'm honestly splitting hairs though.

4. Splash Mountain (Orlando, Tokyo, Anaheim)
-When the ride is fully functioning (wherever in the world that happens to be), this is just a personal favourite. The perfect mix of thrills, strong use of animatronics, catchy songs and a liberal ride time. Sad that it was the last great E-ticket in the Magic Kingdom, even though Tokyo and Cali have had more recent additions. Even though I have not ridden it since the refurb, I will say though MK has the currently best functioning version of this ride and the (surprisingly) long upcoming refurb again this year suggests they are keeping it that way. Anaheim's is rough around the edges and Tokyo is ok right now. Anaheim has the best sub-land (Critter country), Tokyo's is off in a little corner and MK is the most prominent (also has the train running through it). Veritable tie but one of the few instances where MK is doing something better than Anaheim or Tokyo... it's a miracle!

5. Mystic Manor (HKDL)
This isn't an amazing dark ride because it is trackless, it is just a straight up amazing dark ride (and as a bonus it is trackless). By far this is the absolutely most complete story told on a ride. There is a clear beginning, middle and end, a fantastic pre-show, and the it doesn't need thrills as a distraction. It's the best ride that any age can easily ride that Disney (or anyone) has ever created.

6. Haunted Mansion (and Phantom Manor) (Orlando > Paris > Tokyo - Anaheim)
I am lumping them together, but Phantom Manor is essentially a re-skin of the ride (and a very good one at that). Florida's is the most recently renovated combined with the original telling gives it the ever so slight edge. Also the greatest Disney ride for all ages ever created on any given day... I said my top ten was fluid.

7. Indy (Tokyo > Anaheim, but barely)
Disney Sea has a more dedicated land. I know people tend to rank Spidey higher, but I (personally) find the physical sets slightly more impressive

8. Sindbad Storybook Voyage (Tokyo)
The new version obviously (the old version is terrifying). The best use of the boat system to date, proving that even simple ride systems can offer wonderful results if the time and energy is spent on making a fantastic ride. I love the song, the amazing animatronics. Even if the sets are sometimes a little Small-World like, that's not a bad thing. It's also the longest ride time so far on my list and that gives it major points.

9. Transformers (Singapore > Orlando > Hollywood* haven't ridden this one though)
The more frantic pacing and realism gives it the edge to me over Spiderman. I think the original in Singapore has the better show building though.
9.B Spiderman (Orlando > Osaka)
I'm grouping them as one in a similar manor to the different versions of the Mansion

10. Tower of Terror (Orlando and Tokyo TIE! > Anaheim > Paris)
If only Tokyo and Orlando could mash their theme and extra dark ride scenes together! An absolutely enthralling ride that demonstrates how Imagineering can bring together thrills, immersion and theming in a nearly perfect package. I don't actually know if the ride programming is different, Paris is the most recent I rode and I actually thought it might have had extra drops (which was a good thing), but it loses points by virtue of being in the worst Disney Park on the planet.

Because I can't keep my list to just 10...

11. Pirates of the Caribbean (Paris > DL > Tokyo > Orlando)
-MK definitely got the short end of the stick

12. Winnie the Pooh (Tokyo version ONLY)
-It's the best Fantasyland dark ride thus far, but it's not really meant to be an E-ticket (even though most would consider it as such).

13. Fantasyland Dark Rides X 5 (Anaheim)
-I really consider them a package deal, as none qualify as an E-tickets on their own. But it deserves recognition that DL offers a fantastic hand of Dark rides that make other Fantasyland's around the world whimper.

14. Monster Inc. Ride and Go Seek (Tokyo)
Really fun and impossibly busy ride. Just so much going on and so much to see and explore.

15. The Mummy (Singapore > Orlando)
-Without Brandon Frasier it is a tighter experience. Really great coaster (but honestly Gringott's is coming and is clearly going to wind up in my top five)

16. Jurassic Park (Singapore > Orlando > Osaka)
-Great ride, just wish the scope was a bit bigger and included more/better Dino's.

17. 20k leagues under the sea (Tokyo)
-Hardly anyone talks about this ride (probably because Journey is quite literally on top of it). This clearly is meant to be a D-ticket, but it is just so well done and quite long that it really blows away expectations. It also helps that it seems to not command much of a wait time making the experience (aka not waiting) that much better.

18. Star Tours 2.0, honourable mention Storm Chasers (Tokyo > Orlando/Anaheim > Tokyo's Storm Chaser > Paris - still 1.0)
The Tokyo version has an extra impressive queue, it's really a great ride still and quite enjoyable. I know it's just a simulator at heart, but it was an impressive ride when first open and I think they really put some love into the ride on the re-do. It is after all 18th on my list but it is just so tightly themed and offers such a great queue these days that it is worth recognizing.

19. Everest and honourable mention Grizzly Gulch (Orlando -- Hong Kong)
-Not really a dark ride and I've never seen the Yeti, but it certainly is an impressive coaster and fairly thrilling at that. HKDL of course has functioning AA's, but the ride is quite tame by comparison.

20. Space Mountain, honourable mention Space Fantasy (Florida > Anaheim/Tokyo/HKDL/Osaka > Paris)
-I don't think Florida is widely considered the superior version, but for some reason I just found it more thrilling on my visit last year. Paris has the best themed by far, but the coaster is rough as hell... Space Fantasy is a knock off clearly, but it is really well done!

Honourable Mention
Men in Black, Horizons, Spaceship Earth, Maelstrom, Test Track 2.0, ET, Old-school Journey, Jungle Cruise, Small World (Paris and HK, not really the other versions), I don't really consider Big Thunder a dark ride.

Future rides that should impress

Gringott's - This could potentially steal spot number one, certainly it's ending up in my top ten.

Ratatouille - Based on what they've done with Mystic Manor, this could equally deliver and I am very excited for this ride.

Jungle Cruise (Tokyo) - The new overlay and track sounds really intriguing to me. Just look at what a difference a new story, song and very minor rehab can do to a ride like Sindbad. It could push Jungle up somewhere into the teens for me likely, they'd have to do something crazy to make it a top ten ride though.

Pirates (Shanghai) - An updated Pirates with more thrills (ala Splash) has me very, very intrigued. Pirates is my number 11 and Splash number 4, so this could easily become a mainstay of my list if done right.

Lost World (Shanghai) - Not sure if this is coming to fruition or not

TRON (Shanghai) - I really don't expect this is a top ten dark ride, but it certainly could be a top twenty contender

Peter Pan (Shanghai) - Apparently this is being lengthened. Pan is generally speaking the public favourite of the classic Fantasyland Dark rides, but if they go all-out this could be akin to Tokyo's Pooh as far as blowing away expectations... if done right!

Fantasyland Boat Ride (Shanghai) - Again a bit of an unknown. But they seem to be marketing this as the true E-ticket. I am curious to say the least. Sindbad is a similar boat system and is in my top ten, so they can potentially blow me away (or earn a resounding meh).

Iron Man (HKDL) - Not going to make my top ten, but it could wind up slightly superior to Star Tours 2.0, which makes it worth recognizing.

Star Wars (Anaheim, Orlando) - This E-ticket is a mystery. Will it be up to the level of RSR and JTTCOE though? It's probably a top 20 contender.

Monsters Inc. Door Coaster (Anaheim) - has potential to be a cut above Mummy, I don't think it's a top ten from initial rumours but it sounds like it could be very solid.

Kong (Orlando) - The way HTF puts it this might be a top five. I'm lumping it in with a lot of the Shanghai rides though where there is potential but it can swing wildly either way.

Lorax (Orlando) - Universal hasn't really managed since ET to nail a classic Dark Ride. Comcast behind the wheel and big budgets provide some hope, but they don't seem to be able to out-Disney Disney, when it comes to AA's.

Avatar (Orlando) - Ya I'm actually kind of excited for this one. With an open mind there could be some really nice stuff.

Last edited:
Let me just preface this by saying I think my top ten list is extremely fluid. Since unfortunately it's not possible to try out all these rides in a single day it's hard to objectively stack them against each other. I'm a little biased towards overall immersion and AA's. I admit I have been snorting the Pixie dust more recently since it's a while for Universal Florida (last there Jan 2012 for Jaws closing), and as I said the more recent always seems to stand out higher in my mind.

To be fair though, I've been snorting the really pure Pixie Dust as of late (Tokyo, Anaheim, HK)

Top Ten
1. Journey to the Centre of the Earth (Tokyo)
-At the end of the day, I can find nothing to nit-pick about this ride and land as a whole. The package as a whole is essentially perfect and it is theme park marvel when you realize all the goodness that they have packed into Mysterious Island (including also technically containing Triton's Kingdom). It's the type of land the fanboi's meticulously dream of (let's stack this on top of this on top of this), which is completely unrealistic... except it happened.

2. Harry Potter Forbidden Journey (Orlando)
-I love the HP Universe, and it is a nearly perfect land. The first time I rode this (not really knowing what to expect), my mind imploded. Light on AA's so that's how good I really think it is. Amazing pre-show stuff as well.

3. Radiator Springs Racers (Anaheim)
-If we are talking pure "classic" dark ride here, RSR has my top two beat. It's not as fast as JTTCOE, or crazy ride system like Potter, but it has it's own wonderful merits. The most photogenic of lands in my top three, but apart from the rock work it lacks much of a pre-show experience. I'm honestly splitting hairs though.

4. Splash Mountain (Orlando, Tokyo, Anaheim)
-When the ride is fully functioning (wherever in the world that happens to be), this is just a personal favourite. The perfect mix of thrills, strong use of animatronics, catchy songs and a liberal ride time. Sad that it was the last great E-ticket in the Magic Kingdom, even though Tokyo and Cali have had more recent additions. Even though I have not ridden it since the refurb, I will say though MK has the currently best functioning version of this ride and the (surprisingly) long upcoming refurb again this year suggests they are keeping it that way. Anaheim's is rough around the edges and Tokyo is ok right now. Anaheim has the best sub-land (Critter country), Tokyo's is off in a little corner and MK is the most prominent (also has the train running through it). Veritable tie but one of the few instances where MK is doing something better than Anaheim or Tokyo... it's a miracle!

5. Mystic Manor (HKDL)
This isn't an amazing dark ride because it is trackless, it is just a straight up amazing dark ride (and as a bonus it is trackless). By far this is the absolutely most complete story told on a ride. There is a clear beginning, middle and end, a fantastic pre-show, and the it doesn't need thrills as a distraction. It's the best ride that any age can easily ride that Disney (or anyone) has ever created.

6. Haunted Mansion (and Phantom Manor) (Orlando > Paris > Tokyo - Anaheim)
I am lumping them together, but Phantom Manor is essentially a re-skin of the ride (and a very good one at that). Florida's is the most recently renovated combined with the original telling gives it the ever so slight edge. Also the greatest Disney ride for all ages ever created on any given day... I said my top ten was fluid.

7. Indy (Tokyo > Anaheim, but barely)
Disney Sea has a more dedicated land. I know people tend to rank Spidey higher, but I (personally) find the physical sets slightly more impressive

8. Sindbad Storybook Voyage (Tokyo)
The new version obviously (the old version is terrifying). The best use of the boat system to date, proving that even simple ride systems can offer wonderful results if the time and energy is spent on making a fantastic ride. I love the song, the amazing animatronics. Even if the sets are sometimes a little Small-World like, that's not a bad thing. It's also the longest ride time so far on my list and that gives it major points.

9. Transformers (Singapore > Orlando > Hollywood* haven't ridden this one though)
The more frantic pacing and realism gives it the edge to me over Spiderman. I think the original in Singapore has the better show building though.
9.B Spiderman (Orlando > Osaka)
I'm grouping them as one in a similar manor to the different versions of the Mansion

10. Tower of Terror (Orlando and Tokyo TIE! > Anaheim > Paris)
If only Tokyo and Orlando could mash their theme and extra dark ride scenes together! An absolutely enthralling ride that demonstrates how Imagineering can bring together thrills, immersion and theming in a nearly perfect package. I don't actually know if the ride programming is different, Paris is the most recent I rode and I actually thought it might have had extra drops (which was a good thing), but it loses points by virtue of being in the worst Disney Park on the planet.

Because I can't keep my list to just 10...

11. Pirates of the Caribbean (Paris > DL > Tokyo > Orlando)
-MK definitely got the short end of the stick

12. Winnie the Pooh (Tokyo version ONLY)
-It's the best Fantasyland dark ride thus far, but it's not really meant to be an E-ticket (even though most would consider it as such).

13. Fantasyland Dark Rides X 5 (Anaheim)
-I really consider them a package deal, as none qualify as an E-tickets on their own. But it deserves recognition that DL offers a fantastic hand of Dark rides that make other Fantasyland's around the world whimper.

14. Monster Inc. Ride and Go Seek (Tokyo)
Really fun and impossibly busy ride. Just so much going on and so much to see and explore.

15. The Mummy (Singapore > Orlando)
-Without Brandon Frasier it is a tighter experience. Really great coaster (but honestly Gringott's is coming and is clearly going to wind up in my top five)

16. Jurassic Park (Singapore > Orlando > Osaka)
-Great ride, just wish the scope was a bit bigger and included more/better Dino's.

17. 20k leagues under the sea (Tokyo)
-Hardly anyone talks about this ride (probably because Journey is quite literally on top of it). This clearly is meant to be a D-ticket, but it is just so well done and quite long that it really blows away expectations. It also helps that it seems to not command much of a wait time making the experience (aka not waiting) that much better.

18. Star Tours 2.0, honourable mention Storm Chasers (Tokyo > Orlando/Anaheim > Tokyo's Storm Chaser > Paris - still 1.0)
The Tokyo version has an extra impressive queue, it's really a great ride still and quite enjoyable. I know it's just a simulator at heart, but it was an impressive ride when first open and I think they really put some love into the ride on the re-do. It is after all 18th on my list but it is just so tightly themed and offers such a great queue these days that it is worth recognizing.

19. Everest and honourable mention Grizzly Gulch (Orlando -- Hong Kong)
-Not really a dark ride and I've never seen the Yeti, but it certainly is an impressive coaster and fairly thrilling at that. HKDL of course has functioning AA's, but the ride is quite tame by comparison.

20. Space Mountain, honourable mention Space Fantasy (Florida > Anaheim/Tokyo/HKDL/Osaka > Paris)
-I don't think Florida is widely considered the superior version, but for some reason I just found it more thrilling on my visit last year. Paris has the best themed by far, but the coaster is rough as hell... Space Fantasy is a knock off clearly, but it is really well done!

Honourable Mention
Men in Black, Horizons, Spaceship Earth, Maelstrom, Test Track 2.0, ET, Old-school Journey, Jungle Cruise, Small World (Paris and HK, not really the other versions), I don't really consider Big Thunder a dark ride.

Future rides that should impress

Gringott's - This could potentially steal spot number one, certainly it's ending up in my top ten.

Ratatouille - Based on what they've done with Mystic Manor, this could equally deliver and I am very excited for this ride.

Jungle Cruise (Tokyo) - The new overlay and track sounds really intriguing to me. Just look at what a difference a new story, song and very minor rehab can do to a ride like Sindbad. It could push Jungle up somewhere into the teens for me likely, they'd have to do something crazy to make it a top ten ride though.

Pirates (Shanghai) - An updated Pirates with more thrills (ala Splash) has me very, very intrigued. Pirates is my number 11 and Splash number 4, so this could easily become a mainstay of my list if done right.

Lost World (Shanghai) - Not sure if this is coming to fruition or not

TRON (Shanghai) - I really don't expect this is a top ten dark ride, but it certainly could be a top twenty contender

Peter Pan (Shanghai) - Apparently this is being lengthened. Pan is generally speaking the public favourite of the classic Fantasyland Dark rides, but if they go all-out this could be akin to Tokyo's Pooh as far as blowing away expectations... if done right!

Fantasyland Boat Ride (Shanghai) - Again a bit of an unknown. But they seem to be marketing this as the true E-ticket. I am curious to say the least. Sindbad is a similar boat system and is in my top ten, so they can potentially blow me away (or earn a resounding meh).

Iron Man (HKDL) - Not going to make my top ten, but it could wind up slightly superior to Star Tours 2.0, which makes it worth recognizing.

Star Wars (Anaheim, Orlando) - This E-ticket is a mystery. Will it be up to the level of RSR and JTTCOE though? It's probably a top 20 contender.

Monsters Inc. Door Coaster (Anaheim) - has potential to be a cut above Mummy, I don't think it's a top ten from initial rumours but it sounds like it could be very solid.

Kong (Orlando) - The way HTF puts it this might be a top five. I'm lumping it in with a lot of the Shanghai rides though where there is potential but it can swing wildly either way.

Lorax (Orlando) - Universal hasn't really managed since ET to nail a classic Dark Ride. Comcast behind the wheel and big budgets provide some hope, but they don't seem to be able to out-Disney Disney, when it comes to AA's.

Avatar (Orlando) - Ya I'm actually kind of excited for this one. With an open mind there could be some really nice stuff.

Now this is a list! I'm very jealous btw as JTTCOTE, Pooh , MM, and Singapore in general are in my future..

Now this is a list! I'm very jealous btw as JTTCOTE, Pooh , MM, and Singapore in general are in my future.

I feel like I a missing something. :lol:

Frequent flyer points are your greatest friend. The Oneworld alliances makes those destinations fairly accessible by combining American Airlines, Cathay Pacific and JAL. (Realistically I like to just use HK as a hub of travel and fly Cathay). Use American to get there and British airway points to hop around. :thumbs:

My new list:

1. Spider-Man/Forbidden Journey. Both take the art of the dark ride into the future, and both are jaw-dropping awesome.

2. Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Crystal Skull.
An amazing experience based off of my favorite property. Some amazing effects here.

3. Tower of Terror (TDS). A better, more thought-out story with even more detail in the attraction. The best preshow ever.

4. Pooh's Hunny Hunt. A classic Fantasyland dark ride turned to 11. Hunny Hunt is everything you want from a family ride and more.

5. Pirates of the Caribbean (DLP).
The best Pirates in the world for my money. I was lucky to see everything working.

6. Haunted Mansion (TDL). The best Haunted Mansion I've seen with some legitimately creepy effects.

7. Transformers the Ride. Another version of the Spider-man system, but this one gets points for intensity and "realism".

8. Big Thunder Mountain (All). The best "thrill" ride in the Disneyland-style parks.

9. Monsters Inc: Ride and Go Seek.
A legitimately surprising attraction for me. Some great AAs and an all around fun attraction.

10. Men in Black: Alien Attack. If not for the superior AAs in Monsters Inc, this would be the best interactive attraction around.

Honorable Mentions:
Splash Mountain
Mummy
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Space Mountain (DL/TDL)
TOT (DHS)
Sindbad (TDS)