Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 70 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
Read the description. These are areas that can change as well. Or is the normal 10-20 minute wait for Twister and Shrek not enough to prove that? With all this space, so much can be accomplished. Space is a very loose term, but in this park, there is enough for some serious change.

Read the description. These are areas that can change as well. Or is the normal 10-20 minute wait for Twister and Shrek not enough to prove that? With all this space, so much can be accomplished. Space is a very loose term, but in this park, there is enough for some serious change.

I read the description. Any area of any park can change.

And serious change is happening. But that doesn't mean a prop warehouse is anywhere near a remotely good idea to try and bring people in...because it won't.

I agree with Jungleskip. If you havent been to UO lately and actually scoped out the land I encourage you to do so. We came in behind the parks yesterday and I actually got to see why UO has to stay within its bounds. Houses everywhere, a corporate office in the backstage behind the parks. And then what space they have in the park (behind mib and simpsons) is in use by MULTIPLE buildings or domes, whatever those were and it serves as a parking lot. Yes that can be used and will be but you saying USF has a lot of real estate is an exaggeration. All day yesterday every single line was pushing upwards of an hour. Sure they need to replace a few things and they are but they don't have a lot to work with and they certainly wont put a "museum" of sorts in a park that is ALREADY struggling to hang on. Like people have said before it wont cut it, and I for one would rather go to Disney than see a museum come into USF. They do what they can, so I'm satisfied and content.

I hear MOSI is a really good museum, Not Universal Studios Theme Park.

I do agree with violarum that if they could create something on a smaller scale as One Man's Dream it would be enjoyable... especially if it featured the latest big Uni movie props in rotation. Let's face it, not many people enter One Man's Dream either. I don't really understand Lucy holding fort as it has for decades. But put an exhibit of Hunger Games or Huntsman costumes/props just after the movie opens and the place would be very busy.

thanks..I just realized I have no idea how to make a poll while trying to make one.

I was really hoping "Bleachers" was an option.

Thank you.

I just don't understand the contempt behind having a park that could use both new rides and new experiences, especially giving Universal's rising star position within the theme park world.

And watch how y'all poke fun. Getting your opinions turned down like that isn't too cute.

Last edited:
I do agree with violarum that if they could create something on a smaller scale as One Man's Dream it would be enjoyable... especially if it featured the latest big Uni movie props in rotation. Let's face it, not many people enter One Man's Dream either. I don't really understand Lucy holding fort as it has for decades. But put an exhibit of Hunger Games or Huntsman costumes/props just after the movie opens and the place would be very busy.

But then you run the risk of falling prey to what Disney does and not updating it. See: Prince Caspian at DHS just now closing.

The thought is just not appealing. Like people nowadays go to theme parks for what? To see exhibits of lifeless objects or to ride the most cutting edge rides? I mean with HP opened, the new Cars Land opened, a new installment of HP coming, whats the focus on nowadays? It's not educating guests, it's on bringing them to your park. Like I like museums, I think they're really cool but I dont go to Universal FLorida because of its claim to fame of being a real working studio. I cld care less, Im all about the theming and the rides. The only reason I go into the I Love Lucy thing is bc it's almost become a tradition, but I dont pay attention I just roam and then leave. It's just not what Im there for

In fact they have the Lucy and the horror make up show for the very reason youre stating, so if anything redo that building and incorporate more but for goodness sake dont replace a ride for an "exhibit"

Last edited:
I'm somewhat mixed on the prop debate. On one hand, I don't think SS44 is the place for it, nor do I think they are rushing to rip out the old building to build such a thing. However, I do think there should be a place for it in the park.

The Boneyard used to be that area for Universal Studios, but of course that was replaced by the concert plaza and HRRR. Someone mentioned Lucy's building and I think that could be replaced to properly display upcoming and classic movie & TV props giving guests the opportunity to get an up-close and personal look at some of their favorite films as well as films they are looking forward to.

The only issue, which has been mentioned countless times, is draw and whether or not such a thing could be one. At this point in time, I don't see Lucy as much of a crowd gatherer. It's very limited in its audience and even then, it's a little past its prime. However, I think if Universal combined props from both classic and upcoming films & shows (maybe even including some of the Lucy memorabilia for the "classic" side of things), they could draw a larger audience of all ages to the building as well as illustrating the "studio" part of the park without losing an attraction. :shrug:

in all fairness, some of Potters most popular attractions are not rides. If done right a non-ride, can still be a killer "attraction"

in all fairness, some of Potters most popular attractions are not rides. If done right a non-ride, can still be a killer "attraction"

"Popularity" is a relative term. I assume you're talking about Olivanders here. But Ollivanders outputs smaller numbers than Hippogryff, Dragons, and way smaller than Journey every day. Yes, it has long queues, but that's because it's capacity is terrible.

And let's not act like a Universal museum would be as interesting with the GP as Ollivanders.