Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOC tech is on multiple rising platform. They had some trouble with the scissor lifts that raise and lower the platform. It wasn't working for a while, but now it does raise and lower properly.

And don't be surprised that after the show install, UniCreative will come along after and theme the projector boxes. I don't believe that there is much that can be done with the platforms/screens.

One way to deal with them being out all day is to just use the fountains for daytime shows similar to Bellagio.

The amount of people who actually spend time looking and relaxing next to the lagoon at USF is so minimal that I think almost no one will notice this during the day.

I don't know the last time I actually saw people sitting and looking at the lagoon in Battery Park, or any of the other sitting areas around the lagoon.

^Ya I imagine there's a ridiculous amount of testing and technical adjustments involved in something like this. Show element timing is probably going to take a while to sync. But I'm still hoping I might get lucky and catch one of the first shows.

The amount of people who actually spend time looking and relaxing next to the lagoon at USF is so minimal that I think almost no one will notice this during the day.

So? Even if you're just passing by, you can still notice it and think it's ugly and bad show. You don't need to sit and stare at the lagoon to see it.

This might be a good/great show... it might increase nightly profits. But a central lagoon is a focus point for a second for all, if for no other reason than to rest the eye. Water is a classic respite for clarity and peace; to calm one down and turn back and enjoy the mind overload and fun of a theme park. Even for a second, it does work.

I have enjoyed many watching and pointing out the large carp swimming in the water, or the long gone soft-shell turtle swimming under the temporary potter bridge. I am not being a nature freak here... but observer of human nature.

So, the show towers do defeat the lagoon far more than the domes did, even though the domes did as well. So,

I would rather that UC and Uni strike the fireworks bunker land, and move it off property. Build a huge lagoon there, build a canal from the show lagoon, and get creative on how they introduce a lagoon show in the afternoons. Only 5-10 million at most.

Considering we used to have a bunch of these on the lagoon, I don't really think the rigs for this are such an eyesore.

2174649804_19a936f5a1_m.jpg

yesterday the crew was installing a temporary scrim on the barge closest to the boat house... (it was fastened by rope / ties...) probably had the crew look at it at night to see how it looked

Ahh very nice to see the decking being done the whole way around. Now what about the bridge?

Yeah its in rough shape and all the planks there need to be replaced. I actually see people tripping through there due to the wood rotting and warping up. Also to my knowledge none of the wood decking has be replaced since opening day. Twenty years! Yeah its past due :lol: I mean I know there have been repairs over time but not a full replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.