Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the entire press release.

Orlando, Fla. (April 3, 2012) – Universal Orlando has set a joint grand opening date for two new spectacularly entertaining guest experiences. The new Universal’s Superstar Parade and Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular: 100 Years of Movie Memories will have their grand opening on May 8.

Both experiences follow this year’s re-opening of The Blue Man Group Show, the re-launch of The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man and the opening of the new Hollywood Drive-In Miniature Golf experience at Universal Citywalk. They will be followed by this summer’s launch of Universal Orlando’s newest blockbuster ride – Despicable Me Minion Mayhem.

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular: 100 Years of Movie Memories will present some of the world’s best and most popular films in an innovative, high-tech symphony of imagery, light, sound and special effects. The show highlights some of the most fun, dramatic, awe-inspiring moments from nearly 200 films – representing approximately 300 Academy Award nominations and 100 Academy Award winners.

Narrated by Academy Award-winning actor and Golden Globe Cecil B. DeMille honoree Morgan Freeman, Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular celebrates Universal Pictures’ most iconic films. Their most powerful moments will be shown in crystal-clear clarity on cutting-edge waterfall screens within the Universal Studios lagoon -- surrounded by colorful, dramatically synchronized fountains and pyrotechnics and all against a powerful musical score. The experience will take guests on an emotional journey through epic cinematic moments filled with heroes, horror, laughter, good vs. evil and triumph. The new show will run year-round except during annual and special events.

Universal’s Superstar Parade will offer an entirely new form of interactive entertainment that will give guests and entire families the opportunity to join in the fun. Some of today’s most beloved characters and stories will bring new adventure to the streets of Universal Studios during the parade, an all-new show experience that features larger-than-life floats, state-of-the-art technology and hundreds of energetic street performers. Guests will get to sing and dance along with their favorite characters including the minions from the blockbuster animated feature Despicable Me, E.B. from the hit comedy, Hop, Nickelodeon’s SpongeBob SquarePants and Dora & Diego. Guests will also have the opportunity to enjoy performances and character meet-and-greets prior to the parade at select locations throughout the day.

About Universal Orlando Resort There are many ways to enjoy your Orlando vacation, but there is only one place where vacation becomes adventure: Universal Orlando Resort. It is a unique destination featuring two theme parks, three magnificently themed on-site hotels and a nighttime entertainment complex. It’s the only Orlando destination where you are not just entertained – you become part of the most exhilarating entertainment ever created. You can soar above Hogwarts with Harry Potter, swing above the streets with Spider-Man, battle aliens alongside Agent J, and help Shrek save Princess Fiona in Shrek 4-D. Coming this summer: Despicable Me Minion Mayhem.

Universal Orlando Resort is an NBCUniversal company.

Reactions: Felipe
It's better than the original "peak times" schedule.

Yea, it's great to have a nightly show.

And yea, a HHN version would be awesome. But ever if they don't have a full show, I'm sure the water screens or at least the fountains will run.

And with the LEDs in the lagoon we can get a blood filled lake. Or a nuclear waste green look.:thumbs:

Yea, it's great to have a nightly show.

And yea, a HHN version would be awesome. But ever if they don't have a full show, I'm sure the water screens or at least the fountains will run.

And with the LEDs in the lagoon we can get a blood filled lake. Or a nuclear waste green look.:thumbs:

That's what I'm hoping for! That'd be awesome during HHN!!

They need something at Night at Universal Also they may need to turn off some of the lights on the restaurant in the background it looks like it can take away from the show. Hey it still looks better then those globes.

Can't believe we officially have an opening date for this. So there.

Now we await the opening date of Minion Mayhem

I was thinking that earlier, although we will likely get the Spongebob store date announced first.

That being said, anyone else hearing one more surprise in the works for the end of this year or early next year? (I am not talking about the attraction announcement for the former Jaws area either)

Reactions: BJCool
That being said, anyone else hearing one more surprise in the works for the end of this year or early next year? (I am not talking about the attraction announcement for the former Jaws area either)

Between the concert series, HHN, and Grinchmas, I don't expect much more announcements this year, unless it's something to do with CityWalk.

Drop a hint, please. I am hearing about something for next year in IOA.

Last edited:

I'm hearing (as is one other poster here) we have a lot of surprises in the works. We have no specifics though.

Drop a hint, please. I am hearing about something for next year in IOA.

Anyone I talk to is nowhere as near as close to truth as people you talk to I am sure but I have basically heard something of small attraction scale for IOA and something more of a refurb in a sense for Studios.

ReelJustice and I have been told the new management at the top has no desire to play second fiddle to Disney again (PR/hype wise) and is readying a staggering amount of projects, but the source was unable to tell any more at this time. But the source is incredibly well connected and said he was blown away by what he or she was told.

Reactions: BJCool
ReelJustice and I have been told the new management at the top has no desire to play second fiddle to Disney again (PR/hype wise) and is readying a staggering amount of projects, but the source was unable to tell any more at this time. But the source is incredibly well connected and said he was blown away by what he or she was told.

This is exactly what is happening.

I know we're getting way off topic here, but could the rumored new attraction be something for Lost Continent? It really needs a ride if it's staying as an island. A walk-through attraction, a restaurant, and a show are not enough. It needs at least one ride. Maybe the dessert shop and tent that are coming down will make some space for this new attraction, and the Hogwarts Express station will be built further behind there?

Status
Not open for further replies.