Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the lighting was tested last night. Unfortunately they where only on for a few seconds.

[video=youtube_share;x0u7Wii_xCQ]http://youtu.be/x0u7Wii_xCQ[/video]

Sorry about the focus.

I asked some official-looking employees yesterday if there was supposed to be any real testing last night, and they replied with a yes, but it was postponed. They also said to continually check every night around half an hour before closing time for any true tests to be done. Great pictures and videos, though! You all got what I would have had I brought my camera. :lol:

Attractions Magazine caught Universal testing the water screens last night! I seriously can't wait! :happy:

[video=youtube;6Otk33vlQhw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Otk33vlQhw&feature=player_embedded[/video]

curtain1.jpg

boomlighting.jpg

boat.jpg

diver.jpg

splash.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Felipe and BJCool
No different than Fantasmic, Dreams, or World of Color though.

And Illuminations is like 30% a show on a globe you can barely decipher what's being shown on it.

What I have observed is that the tech of a falling water screen is working with gravity, and not high pressure water forced through a nozzle up into the air. I only made the observation because you can see a see a slight left to right breeze bend in the video above.

so now screamscape heard what I heard... Saturday might be a good day to be at the park for a parade... a long break by the water... then a concert... of course schedules are subject to change.

No different than Fantasmic, Dreams, or World of Color though.

And Illuminations is like 30% a show on a globe you can barely decipher what's being shown on it.

The dropping pattern effect I think won't work as well as they hoped. The projection surface aspect should be fine.

Thanks for the videos and pics guy! Looks really neat!

I do see what you mean, Teebin. The bottom half of the designs get a little distorted with the wind, but I don't know how much of these designs we're really going to get. I'm sure they'll utilize them somehow, but I'd guess most of the show will be a full water screen to display the projections. I think that when they're not making a design, just having the full water screen coming down, they could increase the pressure and make it distort less on the bottom. Of course, if there's a lot of wind it'll be a different story. But anyways, this is looking very cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.