Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone who actually sees it in person seems to love it. That's what I figured. Some things just don't translate well or can't be captured in a YouTube video.
Unfortunately this is the case with a lot of good rides and shows..people see them on Youtube and write horrible comments about how bad it is...personally I was not impressed by the video I saw of the show, but their is only a certain amount of detail a compressed video on Youtube can capture..therefore I will hold my unbearably long review until I see it live..

they weren't cutting back on the disaster building on April 8th. I wonder what happened. Check 10:15

[video=youtube;0d6Ng7vrEuc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d6Ng7vrEuc#t=10m15s[/video]

Last edited:
OK, here is my short review:

Video really doesn't do this show justice. And from watching the videos I was also a little concerned about the pacing and editing. After seeing it in person, I think that for the intended purpose, it is close to perfect. It doesn't feel rushed at all. And the use of lots of short clips allows them to slip in a few things i don't think they otherwise would. Like a quick shot of Peter, Wendy, Michael, and John from Universal's Peter Pan. And a full screen rainbow flag from "Milk".

Morgan Freeman does a great job with the narration, and the score is REALLY well done.

And as far as emotion goes, I got a little choked up at the end where I was thinking "Universal really has put out a lot of great films."

So I give it a solid A. I wasn't blown away, but it was a lot better than I expected after watching the videos online. So I will put the Orlando Nighttime Spectaculars in order of my prefs:

1. F!
2. Wishes!
3. Universal's Cinematic Spectacular
4. Illuminations: Reflections of Earth
5.SeaWorld's Reflections

they weren't cutting back on the disaster building on April 8th. I wonder what happened. Check 10:15

The winds were not in favor for the Disaster area again. Its really close to a guest area. Unless in the future they might block that area off for the show. This might be a problem for a great finale comes any strong wind blowing from the North and/or West. And HRRR keeps them away from using Mummy or the Sound stages as a Finale Launching ground.

OK, here is my short review:

Video really doesn't do this show justice. And from watching the videos I was also a little concerned about the pacing and editing. After seeing it in person, I think that for the intended purpose, it is close to perfect. It doesn't feel rushed at all. And the use of lots of short clips allows them to slip in a few things i don't think they otherwise would. Like a quick shot of Peter, Wendy, Michael, and John from Universal's Peter Pan. And a full screen rainbow flag from "Milk".

Morgan Freeman does a great job with the narration, and the score is REALLY well done.

And as far as emotion goes, I got a little choked up at the end where I was thinking "Universal really has put out a lot of great films."

So I give it a solid A. I wasn't blown away, but it was a lot better than I expected after watching the videos online. So I will put the Orlando Nighttime Spectaculars in order of my prefs:

1. F!
2. Wishes!
5.SeaWorld's Reflections

Thanks for the review! Really need to find a way to see this show...

Like a quick shot of Peter, Wendy, Michael, and John from Universal's Peter Pan. And a full screen rainbow flag from "Milk".

1. F!
2. Wishes!
5.SeaWorld's Reflections

I noticed the Peter Pan shot and chuckled.

Interesting list.

I had to chuckle with all the Hulk shots. Especially considering there were Disney fans a few weeks ago hell bent on the idea that Avengerrail was the beginning of Disney taking back Marvel.

^ Ok, I humbly bow to everyone. I just watched the ItM video full res with the binaural etc. First it was very well filmed and panned and allows one to see much more of the fan screen projections (which are some of the most well executed of the kind). The search lights were also more evident in the video. The way it is taped completely changed the perception of too many clips. It was almost as though the show had been reedited even though I don't believe it was. The binaural sound really helps to put you there. Teebin judged too quickly it seems. :wave:

Has anyone tried watching this from the opposite side? Just wondered how it looks from there seeing as where the big end works are from behind central park. I really hope they put the Disaster building into full service on May 8.

PS: There is also the coolest little special effect during the Dillinger scene but don't blink! Very nice.

Last edited:
I had to chuckle with all the Hulk shots. Especially considering there were Disney fans a few weeks ago hell bent on the idea that Avengerrail was the beginning of Disney taking back Marvel.

There are Hulk shots? Didn't notice, cool.

Let's make a list of interesting inclusions:
-Hulk
-Peter Pan
-Milk
-Dead Silence (seriously? I like the film but was shocked it got a moment)

Interesting Omissions
-Land Before Time
-An American Tail

Was The Thing anywhere in there? I don't recall seeing it but I definitely missed more than a few clips.

Was The Thing anywhere in there? I don't recall seeing it but I definitely missed more than a few clips.

Yes, the original Thing has a good 3 seconds in the horror section.

Also, no one's mentioned it but there is a small pre-show and post-show that uses the water screens and fountains to make patterns to some nice slow music.

Edit: Here's a video showing them. Pre-Show 0:08-0:26 and the Post-Show 4:35-5:00. And if you like the music it's called "A Nice Ride" by Randy Newman from the Seabiscuit Soundtrack. :thumbs:

[video=youtube;MBnga9DakcQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MBnga9DakcQ[/video]

Last edited:
Reactions: JokerMan0925
Yes, the original Thing has a good 3 seconds in the horror section.

Also, no one's mentioned it but there is a small pre-show and post-show that uses the water screens and fountains to make patterns to some nice slow music.

Edit: Here's a video showing them. Pre-Show 0:08-0:26 and the Post-Show 4:35-5:00. And if you like the music it's called "A Nice Ride" by Randy Newman from the Seabiscuit Soundtrack. :thumbs:

[video=youtube;MBnga9DakcQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MBnga9DakcQ[/video]

Very nice. Just the sound of the fountains adds to the ambiance.

Question - call me crazy, but are a few notes of the opening theme from the Land Before Time theme?? //around 0:45 in the video above

The music from Casper is one of my absolute favorite scores. I can't believe they use it. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.