Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 51 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, some interesting news from Twitter. Our good friend ReelJustice tweeted this last night:

From your twitter to @Michael_Aiello's eyes RT @SkipperZach: I hope Uni utilizes the CineSpec technology for HHN. So much potential there

For those who don't know, Michael was the lead on this project, as well as a big player in HHN design. Well, this morning, he simply tweeted in response:

@ReelJustice @SkipperZach :)

So...HHN show? I always figured they'd do a special HHN show, and I hope this is a backdoor conformation.

After watching the Horror part of the show this would be an amazing addition to HHN they don't need a show/movie or anything just have the water screen drip blood and the fountains running with the red lights..that would be pretty damn cool

Not sure if all of you know this, but Mike Aiello and the team have one of the most coveted jobs in all of theme park entertainment and the haunted attraction venue. No one gives up their job in that division and everyone in the themed show industry wants in. Apparently it is a great work environment and members of the dept. are treated quite well.

Not sure if all of you know this, but Mike Aiello and the team have one of the most coveted jobs in all of theme park entertainment and the haunted attraction venue. No one gives up their job in that division and everyone in the themed show industry wants in. Apparently it is a great work environment and members of the dept. are treated quite well.

Yes like every HHN fan wants to work for A&D lol I remember when I went to the Q&A at the History Center and the Entertainment Designer Forum everyone was giving TJ there buisness cards and samples of art work they did lol it's all about who you know
but yeah I heard they get treated really good

I have thought and thought about this... the lame end fireworks from Disaster are not because of wind. If you can launch 3 big shells from there then you can launch 12 big shells... the fallout will be exactly the same, just more of it. They are either playing the Disney 'how much is enough' game, or they have merely cut back for previews. Seeing as where 90% of the viewing will be from the east (central park, simpsons side)... then the big fireworks should be in the west, behind the projections.

Sure, we could watch from SF but the projections would be backwards... we know the ET bikes take off left to right and not right to left. No one is going to watch it from there. So why are they forcing people to turn completely around for the grand ending fireworks... makes no sense at all.

Argue that logic. I dare you.

Last edited:
I have thought and thought about this... the lame end fireworks from Disaster are not because of wind. If you can launch 3 big shells from there then you can launch 12 big shells... the fallout will be exactly the same, just more of it. They are either playing the Disney 'how much is enough' game, or they have merely cut back for previews. Seeing as where 90% of the viewing will be from the east (central park, simpsons side)... then the big fireworks should be in the west, behind the projections.

I agree with you Teebin. I've been a Pyrotechnic before and I now take it as a hobby. What I think we are seeing is the "whole pyro show" .... Which is sad, due to the fact that it seems they use more "Consumer Class" shells for the show and launching it from a building gives it a bit more false height. And the finale is a mess of Class B and C shells being shot, but my pet peeve it the Salute Shells "Loud Burst and No Color" are being mixed it and not used at the end for that LOUD THUNDER CLAP which awes peoples.

They need to take back the old launching grounds. Yea there are neighborhoods around Universal. But I could hear Disney fireworks just as fine and I live closer to Universal then Disney. And I know when I bring up Disneyland, people quote "Disneyland has been fathered in" .... The truth is Pyro Law is Pyro Law, and California has a much stricter rule too. Disneyland just took the technology of using air compressors to launch the mortars inorder to reduce the noise a bit.

So, have they not run this again since Tuesday? Not even last night (Saturday)? Hmmm... no one has ever mentioned how the crowds were for Sunday and Tuesday... Were they just park fans and online magazines or were there a bunch of tourists too?

So, have they not run this again since Tuesday? Not even last night (Saturday)? Hmmm... no one has ever mentioned how the crowds were for Sunday and Tuesday... Were they just park fans and online magazines or were there a bunch of tourists too?

It didn't run on Friday because of Grad Bash. The park closed at six today so I'm guessing that it didn't run tonight.

I don't know why so many of you are disappointed with the show. I was great at its purpose, which is to showcase Universal Studios history in film. This is one of the reasons why it can't be compared to any of the other night time shows. When people compare them, its like comparing a movie to a tv show, its something that just can't be done, because although they are similar they are far too different. I believe that this show serves is purpose great.

For those of you who insist on comparing the two, I would say that this show is far better then WOC. Yes I said that. When I saw WOC in DEC,2010 I was very disappointed with the show, mostly because it had so much potential. The show had no purpose and because of that it didn't seem to get anywhere, that along with the horrible screens that you could hardly view stuff at times made it a very poor show, and yes I saw it from multiply view areas and in different weather conditions to see if that affected anything, but none made a difference.

Now onto this show. (NOTE: I have only seen this show through videos and pictures over the internet.) It seems to have a good balance between showcasing the iconic films as well as showing the lesser know films. They needed more jaws though. The show perfectly suits in purpose to travel through the films of Universals history, which did lead to some quick passing of films, although this isn't an issue as they don't need to spend much time on individual films as the film is not just about iconic films but also about the lesser films ( I believe many people were expecting WOC length scenes, if they tried to do that people would need to be their for at least a week. I am sure Uni will make another show with longer scenes of the iconic films once the 100th celebrations are finished). All up I found it to be a great show that serves its purpose very well.

I was surprised they actually showed American pie, due to the nature of the film and it being a family show. Same goes for some of the horror movies.

Reactions: shiekra38

It ran Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. A friend saw it on Thursday and loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.