Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Official announcement from Universal about Themed Dining Experiences.

http://orlandounited.com/2012/05/01...-new-vacation-packages-themed-dining-program/

@OrlandoInformer posted this pic of work already underway for reopening the Cafe La Bamba space for the character dining experience:

ict7Abtplik1X.jpg

They also took a picture of Lombard's outdoor area for the new dining experience:

iCs83GcFtHgKB.jpg

Additionally, more purty things have been added to the barges:

Does it seem that the lowest one actually goes down into the water?

igWZbMgXox3N4.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't know Cafe La Bamba was returning. FINALLY! But is it only going to be a breakfast buffet?

I haven't visited Universal since Jaws left but I think this show warrants another trip. I think celebrating Universal films is exactly what the park should emphasis most so for that alone I give this show points. I'm not expecting to be blown away but I'm sure it'll be fun... when I finally get to seeing it I'll be sure to drop a line here.

Why would anyone be happy about it... the food was more pedestrian than McDonalds.

Sounds like the place will be significantly different, so that's yet to be seen.

And it's always a good thing to open previously shuttered areas of the park. A pedestrian eatery is better than empty space.

Last edited:
Cafe La Bamba has been closed for years. And more pedestrian than McDonalds? They used to serve some real decent BBQ chicken, ribs, and pulled pork sandwiches. Are you thinking of the right place, Teebin?

Cafe La Bamba has been closed for years. And more pedestrian than McDonalds? They used to serve some real decent BBQ chicken, ribs, and pulled pork sandwiches. Are you thinking of the right place, Teebin?

You are correct. La Bamba is the Tunder Falls of USF.

I assume they are going to set up the side facing Lombard's as a screen too. The projection unit is definitely there. Not sure why they're waiting on the decoration.

Nooooo. They cannot project opposing (flipped) images to the same transparent screen. Even if they tried to project a corrected flipped image to match the opposite it would be a disaster. I am not convinced that there are two opposing projectors for each rain screen. In fact I feel confident there is not.

Nooooo. They cannot project opposing (flipped) images to the same transparent screen. Even if they tried to project a corrected flipped image to match the opposite it would be a disaster. I am not convinced that there are two opposing projectors for each rain screen. In fact I feel confident there is not.

I would have sworn that I read that somewhere in an official announcement - part of the breakthrough technology in the show - but I can't find it anywhere now. That means all the Lombard guests will need to travel to the other side of the lagoon. Huh.

Well, I did find this:

"Cinematic Spectacular" is a salute to Universal Pictures' history, projected on both sides of a series of water walls on the park lagoon at the end of the day. It is supplemented by colorful fountains, fireworks, lasers and narration by actor Morgan Freeman.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...sal-studios-wizarding-world-mardi-gras-parade

So maybe the plans changed. Anyway, I am just glad I didn't completely make that up :smiley:

^ The blueprints show opposing projectors.

LOL, I was screaming for those blueprint images as I typed that Bob. OK, so opposing projectors. The previous vids of previews show no rear projection except for the two??? fan screens??? I looked at those rain units really carefully... appeared to be only one screen of 'rain' and not two separate rows. I maintain it is impossible to project correct aspect from both sides... i.e. ET bikes fly left to right on one side and left to right on the opposite side. I say this because you can all see what the fan screens look like projected from the rear... they light up the droplets just as brightly! *chewing my nails*

So, are there projectors on either side of the rain screens... to make a total of 8 projectors including the two fans?

Last edited:
So, are there projectors on either side of the rain screens... to make a total of 8 projectors including the two fans?

Correct. Although, IMO one of the projectors would have to have the image reversed. so, yes you would be looking at the image backwards from one side. You are correct that there is only one "rain screen" per unit as there is only a single row of jets.

Last edited:
Correct. Although, IMO one of the projectors would have to have the image reversed. so, yes you would be looking at the image backwards from one side. You are correct that there is only one "rain screen" per unit as there is only a single row of jets.

yeah... just checked the video... there is a projector from the rear (lombards) but it is very dim... almost supplemental. Nothing like the screaming bright fan projectors. Hard to believe they could align the two so perfectly on a 6-10" (mid-point) thick screen of water. So, back to my FIRST statement... I would hate to see my favorite scenes displayed in reverse from the Lombards side.

Also, sorry OrlandoInfo... I was being my most cocky self assured. So, as it turns out, there are caveats to all of this. :wave:

Last edited:
I watched the show tonight from between Richters and the boathouse... the image was not mirrored... so whatever they are doing it is working. Also most likely due to the storm that canceled the parade there was no fireworks with the show...

Status
Not open for further replies.