Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Very nice! Also for anyone who was there were there any changes to the fountains ie movement or direction? Several crews were out this past Friday appearing to make numerous tweaks and adjustments to the fountains and even the barges.

For those of you who insist on comparing the two, I would say that this show is far better then WOC. Yes I said that. When I saw WOC in DEC,2010 I was very disappointed with the show, mostly because it had so much potential. The show had no purpose and because of that it didn't seem to get anywhere, that along with the horrible screens that you could hardly view stuff at times made it a very poor show, and yes I saw it from multiply view areas and in different weather conditions to see if that affected anything, but none made a difference.
How dare you have an opinion that states anything other than love for the groundbreaking fountain and light show that is WOC...sarcasm aside I have not seen WOC in person ever so I try not to judge it, it seems very well put together (well sort of) and seems to be a solid show but not Disney's best...After seeing this show multiple times on Youtube I realized why I didn't like it at first, because it is very different from what we are used to...This show put aside all of the fluff and pixie dust and tried something different, if anything the show is more mature that any of the Disney shows, all the awesome moments minus the cheese...it is something new.

GREAT NEWS EVERYBODY! The finale now launches from Simpsons AND DISASTER! :happy:

When did they start shooting from Fear Factor Live too? Last sunday it was only disaster, simpsons, and animal actors... tonight I watched from international food and film... and saw 4 launch sites rather than the 3 last week. I wasn't sure if it was simpons or animal actors...

Awesome vantage point (From @UORnews)

ibpCZyv5v3aLfL.jpg

Reactions: Cwoolboy
When did they start shooting from Fear Factor Live too? Last sunday it was only disaster, simpsons, and animal actors... tonight I watched from international food and film... and saw 4 launch sites rather than the 3 last week. I wasn't sure if it was simpons or animal actors...

Harp #42A. Was the big fireworks from Disaster? They will not have a great show and finale until Disaster is the main launch building. End of Harp #42A. And yes Universal Entertainment, I am watching you, watching kittys, watching you. Yeah... all the kittys are watching you.

Harp #42A. Was the big fireworks from Disaster? They will not have a great show and finale until Disaster is the main launch building. End of Harp #42A. And yes Universal Entertainment, I am watching you, watching kittys, watching you. Yeah... all the kittys are watching you.

When the show started there was nothing from Disaster at all but half way through they started launching, big fireworks and all.

When the show started there was nothing from Disaster at all but half way through they started launching, big fireworks and all.

about a half hour after the show ended I was in the rotunda at the parking garage getting ready to leave and I saw some fireworks, I think they fired the last of the shells that didn't go off as planned... maybe encoding error from master control? Even illuminations has problems from time to time... and this is a brand new system.

Yes, Disaster launched the finale tonight...

Also no one answered, was tonight the first night they used fear factor as another launching point?

Teebin, .... LOL!! :lol:

As we all learned, guest opinion does count for any theme park. If they will launch the finale pyro from different points and save the Salute shells for last (Giving the show a Thunderous Roar) we will have an awesome finale that Disney and Seaworld could hear us knocking the skies each night.

about a half hour after the show ended I was in the rotunda at the parking garage getting ready to leave and I saw some fireworks, I think they fired the last of the shells that didn't go off as planned... maybe encoding error from master control? Even illuminations has problems from time to time... and this is a brand new system.

Yes, Disaster launched the finale tonight...

Also no one answered, was tonight the first night they used fear factor as another launching point?

Fear Factor has always been used from 360 and now UCS. And as for what you seen in the Rotunda tonight. Sometimes due to safety regulations when it comes to pyro, once it's been loaded in a mortar and hasn't gone off during show. They still might try to launch it to test what might gone wrong during the show (sometimes a computer glich), and because once a shell it loaded its consider a one time use and most duds will get the water dunk and dispose of safely.

Reactions: figment1986
That's great. Hope it's a success for them. And I actually really like the food at Lombard's.

From @OrlandoInformer

So..........is this some new thing where for an upcharge you can get lagoon window-side seating?

Thanks for sharing my Twitter post from yesterday.

Lombard's has seating on a deck area and a balcony. I'm excited to see exactly how they use the space. Here's a shot of the desk with the old domes:
oi-lombards-seafood-grille-universal-studios-florida-977.jpg

^ Indeed they are, but then again Universal is finally giving a Disney like experience.

You'd wonder now if there's going to be any hint of AP/AAA discounts on these or if prices will just remain ridiculous. Disney offers the fireworks dessert party in Tomorrowland and the many ways to see World of Color at DCA, so I'm happy that Universal is taking a step at doing something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.