Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 57 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question - after a change in fortunes we're about to book hotel and flights for HHN in October :)happy:) but I was wondering, will Cinematic Spectacular (and for that matter the Superstar Parade) run during the HHN period on nights when the event itself isn't on? Would love to be able to see them both. Thanks!

One would think. We'll see though.

Oh. My. God. To say that I loved this show is an extreme understatement. It was beyond what I had expected. Pyro was all-out tonight, and I was able to grab a great spot against the railing in Central Park, directly across from the control room. The fountains were so beautiful, and the water screens astonishing. I agree that more fountains would be a nice upgrade later on, but right now, the amount is perfect for what it is serving. It certainly isn't any WOC or Fantasmic, but it is not meant to be. And this is certainly worlds away from 360. The pacing is nice. I didn't mind it at all. And Morgan Freeman, yeah he sounds like GOD. (See what I did there?) Perhaps this is the girl in me, but I cried through nearly the entire show. After seeing this, I can't help but think that Universal has certainly come a very long way; I am really proud of them.

^ Tears are a good thing when it comes to an end of the night show. It is what I want... wear me down with entertainment all day long and then make me feel small in the scheme of things... yet inspire me to be great. That is what these shows should do. Glad to hear this one is doing it for you!

Edit... ok, I asked before and I ask again. Were the barge towers up all day long or were they folded down? It's such a simple question.

Last edited:
Were the barge towers up all day long or were they folded down? It's such a simple question.

They were up all day, Teebin. And you can see the fountains and mist screens, too. I'm wondering if there will ever be a way to submerge them. But in the mean time, it was a great way to determine a viewing spot. I looked for a mist screen and a barge and ended up in the middle of Central Park, center of the action.

Thanks Cecilia. It is also of note that they never did theme the projector housings. Same gray metal boxes.

I could be wrong, but I believe the ones in SF they themed to crates...

Also, last nights fireworks were much different (more) than the previous two nights.

Further, the film strip pattern was not running last night when the film clips played in the finale. (Can be seen 16:05 in Attraction Magazine's video.)

Maybe they stopped doing that pattern during the film clips because it causes problems? It looks like the screen stopped briefly at 16:12 in that video?

Here's another billboard featuring ET this time around:

From @OrlandoInformer

ibbfYw5PPV2stO.jpg

^ That stupid instagram makes me cringe and grumble at the same time. People actually feel cool for screwing up a photo for no reason? On another note... that sign is lame. Is that the Universal Creative offices billboard?

^ That stupid instagram makes me cringe and grumble at the same time. People actually feel cool for screwing up a photo for no reason? On another note... that sign is lame. Is that the Universal Creative offices billboard?
Vintage is in...The billboard could be better..I like the JP one the most I think

Saw the show last night and was scared the storm would cancel the fireworks on us, but the skies cleared and I am so glad that we stayed to see this show. Its similarity to 360 ends at the premise of "celebrating movies." The water screen effects, fountains, lighting, and firework accents were coreographed really nicely. I particularly enjoyed the Horror and ending sequences. This is a show I'd stay to see again.

What is really curious is that Universal has yet to advertise the parade or nighttime show on TV here. Potter ads continue to be king (with a bit of a quick nod to other attractions).

^I have to agree. What confuses me is that in that film strip they still use to promote the resort, Shrek is prominently featured. You'd think that they would want to replace him with some Minions to advertise the Despicable Me attraction.

What confuses me is that in that film strip they still use to promote the resort, Shrek is prominently featured.

This bothers me to no end. They put way too much emphasis on that attraction, yet very little (if any) for more popular attractions like Simpsons or MIB. They really need to advertise those a bit too.

Status
Not open for further replies.