Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal’s Great Movie Escape

I mean, did they ever actually tweak anything based on obvious pain points/guest feedback? I still think it's too expensive for what you're getting.
I haven't done it, but there have been changes but the price point is still too high. I also mentioned this when it opened, but the lack of marketing really hurt it as well. I keep forgetting its there myself lol

This thing is doing amazing. 100% availability for the entire week with spring break crowds.

So... which one bites the dust first? Starcruiser or Escape Rooms?
It’s a real shame, I love all things BttF but couldn’t rationalize using my limited vacation time in UO to spend that much and do an escape room with strangers. Maybe if they lowered the price I’d be more interested in taking time out of my day to do it.

My worst fear coming out of this is that they’ll automatically further rule out BttF as an IP for park expansion, which isn’t fair because it’s not the IPs fault these don’t appear to be doing great.

Shouldn't universal easily be able to put this into vacation packages and fill all the time? I mean at 25 per person or close (of you book onsite) would fill this up surely and make this something that extended vacation stays at least for a few people.

If the throughput stays high and the attendance remains low, maybe they could switch to private experiences for all groups.

edited for spelling

Last edited:
It's probably still making more revenue than what it replaced. From the start I said this was too late to the game, but they tried.

It’s possible, but I just can’t see it.

Don’t underestimate the power of $15 drinks :lol:

I think a restaurant that stayed open late like the other stuff in that upper level would probably make considerably more money

Last edited:
I would think they would make more money overall on packages or lowering prices accordingly vs having dead space before 4pm on city walk. I mean they built these rooms already the cost is sunk. If they don't have a more profitable thing to put in I cannot imagine they lose money at a lower lost given the throughput

I was able to do the Jurassic World one this weekend. We had a blast and it was so well done but $60 a person seemed steep. This was for a Sunday at 12pm.

I would come back and do the BTTF one but I keep getting asked if it's worth it and I can't in good conscience say yes. But I LOVE these properties.

I was able to do the Jurassic World one this weekend. We had a blast and it was so well done but $60 a person seemed steep. This was for a Sunday at 12pm.

I would come back and do the BTTF one but I keep getting asked if it's worth it and I can't in good conscience say yes. But I LOVE these properties.
I hope you get a survey ~$25 and they would have a line to get in

I did both rooms back in February. I did the JW one first and there was no one else that booked my time slot, so I had a TM do it with me, which was actually pretty fun. After, I asked if I could move up the time to do my BTTF one (I booked both way in advance) to one that was starting right then, and to my luck 2 other people just booked it as well and the 3 of us did it together (I would have been alone doing BTTF if they hadn't). My next trip is for HHN in Sept and I plan on doing this again with my friend, since he likes escape rooms and both IPs, but I'm not booking it in advance. I'll book it week of and get my UOAP discount. I had a good time doing it solo, and I'm sure I'll have a good time with my friend coming along, but after this 2nd time, I'm not sure when I would do it again.

There’s a giant sign in CityWalk on the way to Studios, so it certainly seems like they’re attempting to get people to notice. Feels like this experience has no marketing outside the resort, and that’s hurting it.

View attachment 18933

Seems like all of CityWalk, besides maybe Toothsome, gets any marketing outside of the resort. Can’t think of the last time I’ve seen a CityWalk billboard

There’s a giant sign in CityWalk on the way to Studios, so it certainly seems like they’re attempting to get people to notice. Feels like this experience has no marketing outside the resort, and that’s hurting it.

View attachment 18933

The other thing that's odd is that the poster itself doesn't really tell/show you it's an escape room located at CityWalk. It looks like a marketing advert for a ride you will find over at the parks.