Universal Orlando Increases Ticket Prices | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Increases Ticket Prices

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The reason I asked this question is because a few people in the Disney Ticket thread said that they will never go to Disney until prices come down, and I saw some other people say they understand why Universal did it. I wanted to see who truly is a fanboy. :lol:

The reason I asked this question is because a few people in the Disney Ticket thread said that they will never go to Disney until prices come down, and I saw some other people say they understand why Universal did it. I wanted to see who truly is a fanboy. :lol:

To me, bot rises are ridiculous. There's no way you should be raising ticket prices in the midst of the worst economic period since the Great Depression.

I hate ticket prices rising. You guys are right though, not raising the price for APs and locals was smart. But the whole idea of raising ticket prices is ridiculous. When are they going to stop? $100 for a one day ticket? $500? $1000?

Heck, remember when gas was less than $1.00 a gallon and less than $15 to fill up a tank?

In all honesty, Disney has started this horrific trend of yearly price increases. Back in the day they would go 5 - 6 years before increasing ticket prices, not to mention weren't they cutting a lot of job recenty to save money from the economy? I mean for both of these companies to be raising tickets is ridiculous, yes I said I like the UO one better since they offer discounts online and FL rez and AP tickets stayed the same.

But for a normal person to walk up to the queue line and have to shell out $85 plus tax for one theme park in one day, is not worth it whatsoever, ESPECIALLY in the busy times of the year when you really don't get to see everything cause of the crowds.

Not to mention the overall effect this has because now families have less spending money, which in turn means less merch and food sales as well. I lost count how many famlies I see camping now bringing in their own food and drinks into the parks since the tickets were so much.

In all honesty, Disney has started this horrific trend of yearly price increases. Back in the day they would go 5 - 6 years before increasing ticket prices, not to mention weren't they cutting a lot of job recenty to save money from the economy? I mean for both of these companies to be raising tickets is ridiculous, yes I said I like the UO one better since they offer discounts online and FL rez and AP tickets stayed the same.

But for a normal person to walk up to the queue line and have to shell out $85 plus tax for one theme park in one day, is not worth it whatsoever, ESPECIALLY in the busy times of the year when you really don't get to see everything cause of the crowds.

Not to mention the overall effect this has because now families have less spending money, which in turn means less merch and food sales as well. I lost count how many famlies I see camping now bringing in their own food and drinks into the parks since the tickets were so much.

Add to that the days when park hours are shortened.

So how do you guys think a day at one of the parks compare to something like a Broadway play or sporting event? Both of those can easily cost OVER $125 and provide around 3 hrs entertainment. Where as at the parks it's $85 for 12+ hrs entertainment.

Reactions: Vyrus
So how do you guys think a day at one of the parks compare to something like a Broadway play or sporting event? Both of those can easily cost OVER $125 and provide around 3 hrs entertainment. Where as at the parks it's $85 for 12+ hrs entertainment.

I won't do either of those for that price either.
I have said to others and still maintain that Theme Parks are a good value for what you get, but only to a point.

Good point, very good point, La Nouba is $85 a person, put that for comparisons sake.

But then again, these broadway shows don't have the merch and food sales anywhere close to what a theme park makes in a day.

Boy did this thread blow up today :lol:

I'm sorry, but there is no logical way to complain about both ticket price increases. Either you are completely against it, or you understand it. Universal does not need this to pay for Potter. That's what the 30% increase in attendance along with the ludicrous merchandise rise did. Disney is adding almost just as much as Universal has. WWOHP>=FL. DM=ST2. DDRF=Tiki Room. And I'll gladly pay a few extra bucks for the mostly underpaid cast members. The bottom line is all of these parks are a business. First and foremost. I am a self professed Disney fan boy, but that doesn't make me agree with their raise any more than I agree with Universal's. Which is kinda :lol:. I don't wanna pay more. At all. But for the money, it is the best entertainment option possible. Movies at $10? Not even close. Broadway shows? Not a chance. So until they stop spending our money the right way, and put it right into their big pockets, I'll stomach the raises. Because I love theme parks. And it's worth it.

Disney's Price Increase: Punish everyone across the board...

Universal's Price Increase: Punish the unprepared (i.e. raise gate prices, but at the same time raise online discount)

Dispite what everyone has said, I still think in this time and age Disney, Universal, and so on shouldn't raise any prices on the admission. I wonder how much atendance they loose everytime they raise the price. :bang:

--- Update ---

Universal's online discount negates any price increase pretty much.

Well good for Universal! EVERYONE!! BUY YOUR TICKETS ONLINE!!! :lol:

Well last year I think WDW lost 1%, SW lost 5%, and Uni gained 6% (cause of Potter)

So there is no real way to tell, but take it from me, I work for a cruise line, so I'm in the travel industry. Every single one of our ship sails sold out, and thats 110% fact. People are still taking vacations, so these companies wouldn't raise pricing if it was going to affect their bottom line.

I was honestly expecting Universal to make the first ticket price jump after Potter opened but yet again Disney beat them to the punch. I thought WWoHP might have given them a bigger backbone.