Universal Orlando Increases Ticket Prices | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Increases Ticket Prices

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't get it. Why go if you're not prepared or know what you're doing. Universal could rip those people off of so much money if they want to. This has definitely been worse for me at Universal, but it's equally frustrating at Disney.

In my case, I had to go to the window to pick up my tickets. And many people online were also picking up their tickets. I don't remember if Universal had a print at home option at that time. In my case, I had no choice but to go to the ticket window for the free tickets. If other people chose will call, then that was their problem. This trip, I printed the tickets from home, saving me the trip to the will call window. I was amazed how slow the lines moved.

The one time I had to go to a Disney will call window, I don't think I waited 5 minutes. Of course, they had more than 2 windows open, and the line was pretty small.

Thank You!!!

Wait a minute....

Hypocrite much?

:lol: Classic...

(For the record, I am against both ticket increases, but Universal's strikes me as far more interesting due to its highly selective nature.)

Thank You!!!

Wait a minute....

Hypocrite much?

Ooops. You know, what ever you post on the internet can come back to bite ya. And, well, this seems like it did.

So, I guess we can reasonably assume: 1) someone is just a Uni fanboi who sees them as doing nothing wrong or 2) someone is also no longer visiting universal until their prices come down too.

I really dont undersatnd the complaints. 3 bucks is not that bad of an increase for all the stuff you can do at the park. Stop moaning about it and move on. :bonk:

$3 this year.... how much last year.... and then how much next year?
Adds up after awhile.

--- Update ---

Well for Universal, driving traffic to the website has a few pluses. It causes guests to (God forbid) research their trip before coming, gets rid of the horrendous line at the front gate to the park which is the guests first impression of the park, and I know it sounds stupid but cuts down on tickets that need to be printed by Universal instead they are printed using the guests ink and paper. Trust me 10s of millions of printed glossy tickets cost a lot...on a down side, they save money on not having to hire as many ticket window opporators. I'm sure Universal will find somewhere else for them though they seem to have respect for their employees..

Universal along with BG and SW still print them out at the Kiosk. And Disney gives a rigid card instead of paper. Those costs are minimal.

--- Update ---

It's an increase AND an incentive to buy online. Know what it sounds like to me? Sounds like Universal is looking to find way to eliminate ticket window employees.

Automation. Everyone wants it, but at the cost of YOUR JOB.

Exactly!!!

I got you guys something for all your tears.

Tissues100.jpg

$3? Really? It's not the end of the world. There's like 5 new attractions rumored, 2 of which being confirmed.

They need to time price increases a lot closer to attraction openings/announcements. No one cared about the price increase last year because we got to literally ride the investment with FJ. And that ride is so good, I'd be throwing dollar bills at those animatronics like they're strippers if I could.

Rumored attractions just means the price continue to rise. I don't understand how Kings Island, Cedar Point and other regional Parks can still charge well under 50 dollars to get in yet Orlando is inching toward 100 dollars. Maybe it is the overhead or the cost of full time employees. I remember 3 years ago my Universal Pass was 119 for a year this year it was 179 wonder what it will be next year.?

A bit sensationalist, no? First, it's counting parking, which I wouldn't really consider part of the "ticket". Also, it's a whole dollar of a difference to Disney's.

It definitely is manipulating the facts. But still, parking is an issue to me. Unless you stay at Universal, you are most likely going to have to pay for the parking. And it's a joke how much they charge. Not that Disney is much better.

A bit sensationalist, no? First, it's counting parking, which I wouldn't really consider part of the "ticket". Also, it's a whole dollar of a difference to Disney's.

Whether it is a dollar more or 50 cents more, it is still more. I think it is fair to count parking. After all, if you are staying off property, as many guests do, you do have to pay for parking, so including it in the overall cost is justified.

Speaking of parking, does anyone know if Universal has some kind of parking pass you can pay for or purchase prior to visiting the parks?

Is that an ABC news station? If so, that explains why they are making a big deal out of it.

Also if you stay on Universal Property they charge you for Parking. If you stay on Disney Property they don't. Thor never heard of a parking pass. You might want to look in to some other way to get in to skip on paying parking.

Is that an ABC news station? If so, that explains why they are making a big deal out of it.

Doesn't say anything about it being an ABC affiliate. Does say the station is only available on Bright House networks, which may not mean much.

It's a lot cheaper to get free parking at Universal Orlando than Disney World. At Universal, the cheapest annual pass that includes parking is $229.99 ($219.99 for Florida Residents). At Disney World, it's $552.74 ($414 for Florida Residents).