Universal Studios Florida: What Do We Think About It? | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Florida: What Do We Think About It?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Reclaiming the BMG theater for daily theme park use should definitely happen if it's logistically feasible.
IF the BMG venue gets taken back for USF, perhaps a dark ride of some sort In that spot can be fast tracked for 2028 after F&F opens to tide guests over ahead of Pokemon debuting in 2030.

Reactions: belloq87
Asking from a place of ignorance here: Is reclaiming the Blue Man Group building actually in the realm of possibility? That's currently where they do Grinchmas, right? So, it's "controlled" by the theme park but currently occupied for a good chunk of the year?

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Asking from a place of ignorance here: Is reclaiming the Blue Man Group building actually in the realm of possibility? That's currently where they do Grinchmas, right? So, it's "controlled" by the theme park but currently occupied for a good chunk of the year?
Secondary question: Who is in control of Blue Man? Is it a case like the Film Production soundstages where it's never going back to the Parks side of operations?

Reactions: Jake S

Secondary question: Who is in control of Blue Man? Is it a case like the Film Production soundstages where it's never going back to the Parks side of operations?
From my understanding, all of the soundstages (including the Sharp Aquos theater space) are OWNED by Film Production. The only park-owned soundstage is 33. The parks actually rent the soundstages from Films for HHN and Grinchmas.

At least, that’s how it was a few years ago.

Where did they do Grinchmas when Blue Man Group had shows?
I'm genuinely asking, I don't know.
Before BMG, before SS20, Grinchmas was held on an outdoor stage next to CITH
1000013484.jpg
1000013485.jpg

The original Grinchmas show was an all day event that happened on a smaller stage in the "center" pathway of the land with the "Wonky Tree". The show was split into 3 parts, the 3rd being at dusk to "light the tree".
1000013483.jpg

I think - realistically, if the park wanted to take the BMG theater back for something, they'd figure everything out. Grinchmas would be shifted elsewhere.
Back to SS20 I'm sure. Or budget cut to be outside again.

Should we not rule out, the BMG theatre, and entrance space before it, become Illumination themed? I’d assume Sing! Live On Tour fits BMG. Those films are very popular still. The rest of the area could become flat rides and splash pads, maybe some food too. Basicallly Super Silly Fun Land but with the Sing show attached