Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Singapore

Ugh I hate these stories of attraction engineering nightmares, where the ride was so horrifically designed that removing it is better than fixing it. I'll likely never make it out to Singapore anytime soon, but that sucks. Seemed like a really cool ride.

I think that's a great idea for Singapore. They actually DON'T have as many simulators as the stateside parks, and considering Universal doesn't have to pay any licensing fees for DM, I think it would be a great idea. And it's yet another family friendly addition.

Aren't they also adding a new ride of some sort next to Far, Far Away?

Ah yeah! That was it. That should be fun!

(Still pissed that it didn't work out with Dreamworks over here....I wonder if Universal will try to buy DreamWorks again in the future and combine it with Illumination, or if they won't bother.)

I can't find any topics on it, but does anyone know what happened to Universal Studios Dubai? They constructed the gate but they haven't touched it since.

I can't find any topics on it, but does anyone know what happened to Universal Studios Dubai? They constructed the gate but they haven't touched it since.
I'm pretty sure it's cancelled. There are rumors it will be revived. Also it's sad to see pictures of the arch in the middle of the desert and that various attractions that were proposed for the park were never created. Hopefully these attractions appear at other Universal parks in the future.

EX: King Kong dueling coaster-= Dueling Dragons Clone.

Ghostbusters dark ride= Men in Black clone

Men in Black coaster= Hulk clone

Fast and the Furious attraction=?

Also I think it would be great if Universal bought DreamWorks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Such a pity....I hope it comes to fruition eventually, just so I can see what else Universal Creative can come up with without space constrains!

As for Universal Studios Moscow....I'm curious what it will look like once completed (if ever) since it'll be indoors, although I'd never visit. Because even though I'm Russian, I kind of don't like to be arrested for being myself. :p ;)

There's actually a long list of proposed locations for Universal Studios parks that almost came to be, if I'm not mistaken.

One of them is the fabled second park which would've made USH a resort: Universal Hollywood Resort. The second park would've been called...

Universal's Islands of Retirement, featuring

Bob Hope's Golf Course Adventure: 4D

Bob Hope and the Forbidden Purchase

Jurassic Hope: Golf Course Pond Adventure

Road to Bop Hopellywood: The Ride

Great Moments with Mr. Hope, an Animatronic Musical

Revenge of the Bob Hope's Zombie: The Coaster

Despicable Him: Bob Hope Mayhem

King Hope: 360-3D

Back to the Golf Course: The Ride (8 passenger golf carts)

Battlestar Hopelacteca

ET Adventure: Bob Hope Phone His Lawyers...Ouchhh

Bob Hope Rip Ride F#$& It

Dr. Hope's Fear Fall

Cat in the Hope: Meowww

Flight of the Hopeigriff....lol

Poopeye and Bob's Bing-Crosb Barges

Sorry, I was...bored tonight :p

Jon, what do you think about the buzz around Singapore getting DM?
They need it, and I'll be a fantastic addition if they follow through. I'm not sure where they could fit it (Hollywood perhaps), but that park would benefit from the increased attraction count.

Minion Mayhem may come to Singapore. They are already selling merchandise and the minions are appearing at the park.

From Dejiki's Instagram

2qmdahi.jpg

54go69.jpg

2mcqvc.jpg

If they are already selling merchandise with the ride logo AND USS's name bellow it, I think it's pretty much 1000% coming.

I wonder where they'd put it....

Is Lights Camera Action popular over there? Maybe they'd stick it in there?

i'm considering this as a what if.. what if that site in far far away in construction is dm. if so then mabye thats a 2014 attraction as it would make sense of location as its near a area with kid things so mabye.

Now that's surprising (no sarcasm intended). The character and merchandise additions in the park seemed like foreshadowing. This park has so much potential, and its attractions really aren't that bad. If they have room for the WWoHP to replace Far Far Away, then... bring on the bulldozers.

I don't think potter is coming as i feel the park is dying... i'm sorry but i think that if they scrap DM and not treat BattleStar. Cmon universal, step up before we have

to deal with a Kentucky Kingdom! (If I mis-said the name of the kentucky park sorry).

Well, its official. BattleStar Galtitica is closed.. But that doesn't mean they will distroy it. It appears that the ride will be Modified and Rethemed. So i'm wondering if it will be rethemed to Transformers as you do have the Red of Optimus but you would have to recolor the Megatron side.. Its a crazy theory but it could work.

Well, its official. BattleStar Galtitica is closed.. But that doesn't mean they will distroy it. It appears that the ride will be Modified and Rethemed. So i'm wondering if it will be rethemed to Transformers as you do have the Red of Optimus but you would have to recolor the Megatron side.. Its a crazy theory but it could work.
That's a whole lot of Transformers for one small park.