Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sorry Alicia. I do remember you saying something about that. Some days I can't remember what I did yesterday :)
The rumor about the coaster replacing the theater was first floating around before Covid hit, but I didn't do a story till this year as I wasn't sure if it was real yet. Seeing footer forms today in photos, but also seeing permit notes earlier this month REALLY solidifies it though!

Permit note where some footers call them "amusement ride" components:
B1560-footer-inspection-note.jpg

So is this rumored "Monsters Coaster" going to soar over into the middle of the land?

Comparing bioreconstruct's photos and the land layouts provided by Park Stop, it kind of looks like that if you compare what I have in yellow:
1658521921444.png

Reactions: HHN Maddux
So is this rumored monsters coaster going to soar over into the middle of the land?

Comparing bioreconstruct's photos and the land layouts provided by Park Stop, it kind of looks like that if you compare what I have in yellow:
View attachment 16812
Yes, but that's not where those are located. They are actually a little lower and to the right. It looks like the restroom and retail structure above this area will still be built, but yes, the coaster is coming for the central courtyard lol

Maybe the coaster goes through the buildings, and its sound represents the Wolfman scurrying through the rafters, waiting to plunge on its prey.

Going for the central courtyard does make me believe this coaster might be more ambitious than we presumed.

Reactions: alias8703
To the surprise of absolutely nobody who knows my general opinions around here, I don't love the idea of a coaster running through the Monsters land. That would seem to limit the options for how extensively themed/disguised the track is going to be.

I await my dismissal by this board's vocal coaster contingent!

If it's the type of coaster it sounds like it is, it would be preferable to stick with entirely enclosed.

To the surprise of absolutely nobody who knows my general opinions around here, I don't love the idea of a coaster running through the Monsters land. That would seem to limit the options for how extensively themed/disguised the track is going to be.

I await my dismissal by this board's vocal coaster contingent!
I… for one… am with you! Keep it inside!

Reactions: TJwny and belloq87
This park needs all the rides it can get. I'm all for this. It's not like the park doesn't have any other shows (hopefully that Potter show is still on the table).
If the interactivity and detail is at the same level as Diagon Alley and Nintendo, then they shouldn't have a problem for the first few years.

If it's the type of coaster it sounds like it is, it would be preferable to stick with entirely enclosed.
I… for one… am with you! Keep it inside!

I was hoping for enclosed for two primary reasons (beyond the aesthetics of unthemed coaster supports in guest view, which I'm not crazy about... but can overlook if I absolutely have to):

1. An enclosed space allows you to keep it perpetually nighttime, which is when the Wolf Man (the rumored "theme" of the ride) would be on the prowl.
2. It gives you another attraction that won't shut down when bad weather comes through.

I would rather have a monsters theater show. Bummer (allegedly).

The early concept art that is floating around online looked pretty cool. Basically Alien Encounter with (seemingly) the Wolf Man and live performers.

Basically Alien Encounter with (seemingly) the Wolf Man and live performers.

It was a sad day when Alien Encounter closed. Disney made a mistake there. And I don't think the experience could be replicated in a "theater" environment. I know AE was in a sort of theater but everything in that room was precisely controlled to make you feel isolated and alone. Live actors and a stage makes things a little less scary when the wolfman has to jump across ten rows of other people to get to you. It's possible they could pull it off with the interactive chairs (speakers, air jets to simulate breathing on your neck, turning off all lights etc.) But an Alien Encounter like experience will be hard to duplicate/achieve.

Yea, pretty much. Was a cool drawing though.

the other concept art of the land from the same time has become outdated, so show itself aside, even the theater design itself was already outdated as they moved away from the dilapidated look of the land.

Hmmmmmmm........