Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This has to have the best opening day attraction lineup for any theme park, right? It's insane.
  1. Mario Kart Bowsers Challenge
  2. Yoshi Adventure
  3. Donkey Kong Mine-Cart Madness
  4. Universal Monsters Kuka Arm
  5. Universal Monsters Roller Coaster
  6. Harry Potter dark ride
  7. Harry Potter show
  8. HTTYD coaster
  9. HTTYD Sky-Flies
  10. HTTYD Splash Battle
  11. HTTYD stage show
  12. Dueling Space Coaster
  13. Carousel
That's better than modern day Studios and it's insane to think about.

I'll always be partial to opening day Islands. I don't want to blow my expectations to unrealistic levels but yeah it has the potential to be a damn good lineup--definitely better than modern day Studios as you say.

I'll always be partial to opening day Islands. I don't want to blow my expectations to unrealistic levels but yeah it has the potential to be a damn good lineup--definitely better than modern day Studios as you say.
I'm leaning toward Islands for now just because 1/4 of this park rests on one E-ticket and we've yet to get a full understanding of how the hub will look.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
The good thing about EU is that it has several expansion pads. I think Uni Creative is already developing potential ideas for them as well.

If Pokémon and LOTR end up being built here I will say this will be a very solid all around park.

Reactions: Mad Dog
The good thing about EU is that it has several expansion pads. I think Uni Creative is already developing potential ideas for them as well.

If Pokémon and LOTR end up being built here I will say this will be a very solid all around park.
Yeah. They're a bit overloaded on coasters, so I'd like to see a future expansion D/E ticket that's a dark ride or hybrid.

When LOTR are mentioned as a possible attraction I am curious which LOTR will be used. Do you think it will be the Amazon series or the original movies? The original movies are quite old and decreasingly relevant. The new Amazon series looks spectacular in the trailer but obviously it's unknow how good it will be. Any thoughts/opinions?

When LOTR are mentioned as a possible attraction I am curious which LOTR will be used. Do you think it will be the Amazon series or the original movies? The original movies are quite old and decreasingly relevant. The new Amazon series looks spectacular in the trailer but obviously it's unknow how good it will be. Any thoughts/opinions?

I'm guessing fans would be VERY angry if it's the Amazon series.

Last edited:
I think it would be something like Galaxy’s Edge situation with them creating an original land combining different things from the books and movies as well as other media.

Other than that I’m not really sure what direction they would go in.

I think it would be something like Galaxy’s Edge situation with them creating an original land combining different things from the books and movies as well as other media.

Other than that I’m not really sure what direction they would go in.
I'd imagine the two areas would be Hobbiton and Rivendale. The others are either undergound (Moria) or uninviting (Mordor). But you could have an attraction like a coaster through Moria hidden away for example.

Reactions: tielo and alias8703
I'd imagine the two areas would be Hobbiton and Rivendale. The others are either undergound (Moria) or uninviting (Mordor). But you could have an attraction like a coaster through Moria hidden away for example.

Being realistic, I think it would just be Hobbiton. The headlining ride would have the task of showcasing as much locale as possible. Luckily, there are ways to do that without throwing a coherent plot to the wind (as in, giving a reason for why you're seeing all these locations). But, I highly doubt they would include any humanoid characters from LotR.

Being realistic, I think it would just be Hobbiton. The headlining ride would have the task of showcasing as much locale as possible. Luckily, there are ways to do that without throwing a coherent plot to the wind (as in, giving a reason for why you're seeing all these locations). But, I highly doubt they would include any humanoid characters from LotR.
Hobbiton would be a huge challenge due to difficulties in maintaining sight lines, as well just being a rather benign setting with scarce potential for attractions. Personally, I think LOTR at any theme park is a long shot, but if a location from the films were to be built, it would have to be Lothlorien (Land of the Elves). Universal has yet to build a land that is predicated on 'oneness with nature' ala Pandora, and this could be their answer. It would also open the door to a boat ride attraction, which seems like the most natural fit for this particular IP.

I came here for construction updates. . .
backing-away-slowly-sienfeld.gif

Hobbiton would be a huge challenge due to difficulties in maintaining sight lines, as well just being a rather benign setting with scarce potential for attractions. Personally, I think LOTR at any theme park is a long shot, but if a location from the films were to be built, it would have to be Lothlorien (Land of the Elves). Universal has yet to build a land that is predicated on 'oneness with nature' ala Pandora, and this could be their answer. It would also open the door to a boat ride attraction, which seems like the most natural fit for this particular IP.

I completely agree that LOTR is a long shot to ever happen. But saying Hobbiton has scarce potential for attractions assumes that any attractions would be limited to take place in just that area.

Last edited:
Curious about the Monsters dark ride building

It appears that there is a second floor to the (what I assume is) queue portion of the building. I believe that Escape from Gringotts has a multilevel queue. Do you think this ride will be similar?

FYSrYnSWIAArOlQ.jpg

Reactions: tielo
Curious about the Monsters dark ride building

It appears that there is a second floor to the (what I assume is) queue portion of the building. I believe that Escape from Gringotts has a multilevel queue. Do you think this ride will be similar?

View attachment 16855
Entry on lower level with a grand foyer, up the grand staircases to the main queue areas. It is a manor after all.