Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 49 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It was a sad day when Alien Encounter closed. Disney made a mistake there. And I don't think the experience could be replicated in a "theater" environment. I know AE was in a sort of theater but everything in that room was precisely controlled to make you feel isolated and alone. Live actors and a stage makes things a little less scary when the wolfman has to jump across ten rows of other people to get to you. It's possible they could pull it off with the interactive chairs (speakers, air jets to simulate breathing on your neck, turning off all lights etc.) But an Alien Encounter like experience will be hard to duplicate/achieve.

An AE-like attraction is at the top of my wishlist.

Reactions: belloq87
Dracula’s Castle and town was crumbling. Frankenstein’s Manor and town is not.

Yeah I got you. I'm just thinking about the original concept over to the new one plus what I heard about some inside baseball.

I think the VR broom ride was cancelled.

I think that was done for with the UC management shakeup, just as we saw VL/Superstar Parade mostly removed once Karen took over.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
This has to have the best opening day attraction lineup for any theme park, right? It's insane.
  1. Mario Kart Bowsers Challenge
  2. Yoshi Adventure
  3. Donkey Kong Mine-Cart Madness
  4. Universal Monsters Kuka Arm
  5. Universal Monsters Roller Coaster
  6. Harry Potter dark ride
  7. Harry Potter show
  8. HTTYD coaster
  9. HTTYD Sky-Flies
  10. HTTYD Splash Battle
  11. HTTYD stage show
  12. Dueling Space Coaster
  13. Carousel
That's better than modern day Studios and it's insane to think about.

Last edited:
This has to have the best opening day attraction lineup for any theme park, right? It's insane.
  2. Yoshi Adventure
  7. Harry Potter show
  8. HTTYD coaster
  9. HTTYD Sky-Flies
  10. HTTYD Splash Battle
  11. HTTYD stage show
  13. Carousel
That's better than modern day Studios and that's insane to think about.

Don’t forget the playgrounds and interactive areas!

Dracula’s Castle and town was crumbling. Frankenstein’s Manor and town is not.

As far as we know, the VR thing is dead.
I think the VR broom ride was cancelled.
Yeah I got you. I'm just thinking about the original concept over to the new one plus what I heard about some inside baseball.

I think that was done for with the UC management shakeup, just as we saw VL/Superstar Parade mostly removed once Karen took over.
Got it!

Also, I agree that Wolfman should be entirely indoor.

Also also, do we know if it's supposed to be free spinning, or could this be Wolfman: Cosmic Rewind?

2. Yoshi Adventure
  7. Harry Potter show
  8. HTTYD coaster
  9. HTTYD Sky-Flies
  10. HTTYD Splash Battle
  11. HTTYD stage show
  13. Carousel

And that's just the rides. I imagine all of the youtubers are going to have a ton of work covering every inch of the park including the shops and merch, plus the restaurants and every meal, the fountain/fireworks show and covering the hotels. Alicia, TimTracker, AllEars, etc will basically be living in the park for a few days.

And that's just the rides. I imagine all of the youtubers are going to have a ton of work covering every inch of the park including the shops and merch, plus the restaurants and every meal, the fountain/fireworks show and covering the hotels. Alicia, TimTracker, AllEars, etc will basically be living in the park for a few days.
God I hope I'm working this park on opening day. It would be an amazing once in a lifetime experience.

Reactions: tielo
It was a sad day when Alien Encounter closed. Disney made a mistake there. And I don't think the experience could be replicated in a "theater" environment. I know AE was in a sort of theater but everything in that room was precisely controlled to make you feel isolated and alone. Live actors and a stage makes things a little less scary when the wolfman has to jump across ten rows of other people to get to you. It's possible they could pull it off with the interactive chairs (speakers, air jets to simulate breathing on your neck, turning off all lights etc.) But an Alien Encounter like experience will be hard to duplicate/achieve.

I only used Alien Encounter as a point of comparison, not to suggest that the show looked like a total "clone" with Universal Monsters dressing. "In the spirit of..." more than "directly derived from..."

2. Yoshi Adventure
  7. Harry Potter show
  8. HTTYD coaster
  9. HTTYD Sky-Flies
  10. HTTYD Splash Battle
  11. HTTYD stage show
  13. Carousel

I wouldn't agree, but I don't think this is a ridiculous opinion depending on what one is looking for.

In terms of things that appeal specifically to me, USF's opening day lineup (assuming everything was working!) would be pretty hard to beat.

I was under the impression that the coaster was something like Gringotts not an actual outdoor thrill ride.

I’m with @belloq87 on this one because the land doesn’t lend itself to that type of attraction in my opinion.

Hopefully something amazing is planned like Hagrid’s with extremely detailed themed scenes.

The boat ride planned for this land is actually the attraction I’m looking forward to the most.

2. Yoshi Adventure
  7. Harry Potter show
  8. HTTYD coaster
  9. HTTYD Sky-Flies
  10. HTTYD Splash Battle
  11. HTTYD stage show
  13. Carousel

It's really not stated enough that Uni has been pretty good about building full (or nearly full) day parks at opening. Just look at the number of actual rides compared to what secondary/third/fourth parks have currently.

EU looks to have 12 rides (I count the Dueling Space coaster as two as there's two different tracks.), meanwhile current day Epcot has 11 rides. Hollywood Studios has 9. Animal Kingdom has 8.

Add in the shows (be it continuous, scheduled and nighttime), interactive elements, playgrounds etc. And EU is opening with quite a bit more to do than most other parks when they opened.

I don't think the Monsters coaster will be entirely outdoors. I'm picturing something along the lines of Mystery Mine at Dollywood. Partially indoors, partially outdoors. And who knows what the outdoor portions will look like? Maybe we'll see brick bridges and buildings used as theming for the outdoor sections. Imagine an inversion going through the roof of a building.

Speaking of which, do we know what model of spinning coaster this ride will be? Will it have the Xtreme Spinner trains or will it have the more traditional Cobras Curse trains?

Let’s also remember this will be Universal’s Epcot… in terms of dining. Like, several Mythos level dining experiences, outside the lands themselves. With wait times, I think this is a 2 day park already for your average guest if they wanted to do most things.

Classic Monsters for the win! I’m so happy that Nintendo and HTTYD are at the front of the park….I will be going straight to Monsters and MoM.