Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 51 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You might be right. I was leaning towards the first but that might be too close to "Dracula". Although I do love the grander staircase

Reactions: Alicia
I was still clinging to hope for some influence of the more stark and stylized interiors from the FRANKENSTEIN films...
f7d1a961e784849a486ae436f2a22d4f.jpg

Whale-Frankenstein-Lab.jpg

How many expansion pads are there? Is there room for additional rides within each of the lands, as well as additional lands?

Last edited:
How many expansion pads are there? Is there room for additional rides within each of the lands, as well as additional lands?
1 expansion between Nintendo and monsters, 1 huge one between httyd and potter. Monsters has expansion for one attraction already, whereas plot next to Nintendo could be used as an expansion for a nintendo attraction or new nintendo land. Potter also has the space where the cancelled VR attraction went.

Reactions: UAN17
I was still clinging to hope for some influence of the more stark and stylized interiors from the FRANKENSTEIN films...
f7d1a961e784849a486ae436f2a22d4f.jpg

Whale-Frankenstein-Lab.jpg
My take would be that the entryway would be large and grand with almost some haunted mansion style theming, but as the queue goes deeper into the mansion, it becomes a bit more stark/industrial as we approach the laboratory. If they play their cards right, this could be the greatest ride of all time!

Looking at the photos, one half of the building is two-story, while the other is large and open without a dividing floor, so it seems that we’re getting a two level queue. Looking at the ride area, it will either become a two-level space, or we’ll get some very large sets on a single level.

Reactions: belloq87
So is there any in-cannon reason for Frankenstein or his descendants (not that one) would have a flying ride vehicle? I think that'll give us a clue to what we'll see. If this is some sort of ancient contraption, then maybe it's all going to be vintage and like what @belloq87 wants. Maybe it's modern and the new tech is a contrast to the working, old stuff?

The fun thing is, this Classic Monsters land is totally unique from any other theme park. Orlando will be the only place to experience this. And in being unique we don't know what to expect or anything to compare it to. Unlike Nintendo, Potter or HTTYD. That makes it even more exciting.

The fun thing is, this Classic Monsters land is totally unique from any other theme park. Orlando will be the only place to experience this. And in being unique we don't know what to expect or anything to compare it to. Unlike Nintendo, Potter or HTTYD. That makes it even more exciting.

You could argue Ministry will be unique to this park too.

Reactions: RFRees
So is there any in-cannon reason for Frankenstein or his descendants (not that one) would have a flying ride vehicle? I think that'll give us a clue to what we'll see. If this is some sort of ancient contraption, then maybe it's all going to be vintage and like what @belloq87 wants. Maybe it's modern and the new tech is a contrast to the working, old stuff?
Laboratory contraption with gears. New or old, no clue. :shrug: