Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Wolfman could easily be leaping from tree to tree, running across rooftops and streets. We have no idea what the theming of the coaster looks like yet.
True. They could do it like a variation on the Velocicoaster. But instead of Velociraptors it's the wolfman in the forest. And if the spinning ride vehicle rumor is correct it could be more "thematic". Also a forest setting in the middle of the village could work and help screen it (somewhat) from the surrounding pathways.

Reactions: JS610 and Nico
Given how little we know about this coaster, I think the argument that it will ruin the atmosphere of the land is more sound on the premise that you can't ruin a nonexistant land's atmosphere than it is on the premise that the coaster will be like Hippogriff.

Besides, they'll already ruin the atmosphere when they put a jungle at the back of the land ten years after opening ;).

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Damn, it has been a long time since I have been here as I didn't have a trip even on the horizon and it was just torture but these construction photos are so exciting

I'm a huge fan of Universal Classic Monsters. I'm also a huge fan of theming and ambience. I'll walk around a land, looking at things from different angles or studying detail up close. I'm weird that way, and it seems like others on this thread are as well. I have faith in Universal Creative to make sure the ride fits the land. But I also know that a kick-butt ride will help keep a land popular for a lot longer than total adherence to theme and ambience. So I'm OK with a little give and take there if the ride helps make and keep the land popular for years to come.

The Wolfman ride looks great, I just wish that it was "backstage" like Hagrid and not that close to the rest of the land's theming. Also, I hope that they go deep in the theming and not just like Velocicoaster, which is good, but since this is Universal, should have been more.

Reactions: alias8703
The Wolfman ride looks great, I just wish that it was "backstage" like Hagrid and not that close to the rest of the land's theming. Also, I hope that they go deep in the theming and not just like Velocicoaster, which is good, but since this is Universal, should have been more.

I actually prefer it going around the land versus Hagrid. Would have been awesome if they expanded Hogsmeade and had Hagrid go over and under theming, paths, etc.

Reactions: Joshua Porter
In the end this is a theme park with rides, not a movie set. If it was movie sets we had World Showcase and there was nothing to do. That would be fine for a few years but you want rides.
Having a coaster going trough the village will give a ton of kinetic energy (together with the windmill) and because of that I'm already a fan.

In the end this is a theme park with rides, not a movie set. If it was movie sets we had World Showcase and there was nothing to do. That would be fine for a few years but you want rides.

I think that's kind of a straw man. Nobody's saying we don't want attractions in the land (I actually want even more attractions in the land, i.e. the Creature from the Black Lagoon boat ride). Having incredible, cohesive theme & design work and having rides are not mutually-exclusive ideas.

I think that's kind of a straw man. Nobody's saying we don't want attractions in the land (I actually want even more attractions in the land, i.e. the Creature from the Black Lagoon boat ride). Having incredible, cohesive theme & design work and having rides are not mutually-exclusive ideas.

My push back is we just don't know enough to go "welp sucks we're getting this coaster that'll totally ruin the land". Maybe it will, maybe it won't, but I think there's way more interesting things to discuss about the ride than this one aspect.

My push back is we just don't know enough to go "welp sucks we're getting this coaster that'll totally ruin the land". Maybe it will, maybe it won't, but I think there's way more interesting things to discuss about the ride than this one aspect.

I see that point, but I would hope most people can take it as a given that any opinions on the issue are based purely on our limited knowledge at any moment without needing to preface every post with that disclaimer.

And please do share the elements you think are more intriguing, because I'm curious about your thoughts.

Yea, I’ve been hesitant to rush to any judgements, especially since we really have no idea what’s actually happening with this. Just vague rumors and construction that doesn’t line up with site plans. I’m interested to see how it comes together.

This whole "coaster ruins the land" talk makes me roll my eyes and laugh because I remember the Potter nerds complaining about Dueling Dragons "ruining" Hogsmeade because they could see a big roller coaster within the land....

....completely ignoring the IN THEME dragon trains :deadhorse:

• Love
Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Yea, I’ve been hesitant to rush to any judgements, especially since we really have no idea what’s actually happening with this. Just vague rumors and construction that doesn’t line up with site plans. I’m interested to see how it comes together.
This has been my sentiment ever since you disclosed the info you had about the replacement project.

Reactions: Alicia
As I said before. I loved the idea of a Live Show, but that would have been three Live large theater shows for Epics opening. With Universal's bad reputation for closing down live theater shows, it's
probably better to have something like a small themed coaster, since there's not enough space there for another large dark ride. Therefore, I have no issue here, since chances would be Universal would
end up shutting down the theater after a year or two, then we'd be left with 'nothing' in that spot.