Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think EU is as happy being built as we are watching it get built. :grin:

happyeu.png

Over at DK it looks like the lift hill/temple portion is getting put together first (middle arrow). There also this odd little gate thing, is that thematic or structural (bottom left arrow)?

dkabove.png

It's probably nothing, I just found it interesting as it sticks out from everything else here at the moment with several supports too.

dkgroundlvl.png

Unless I'm disoriented I'm pretty sure the tan/beige is the temple with the waterfall. I wanted to posted a comparison from the model but technically that's leaked and wouldn't be allowed, right? (easy to find the attraction model if you search anyway.) From the concept art it's this part:

eudkconcept.png

Curious about the Monsters dark ride building

It appears that there is a second floor to the (what I assume is) queue portion of the building. I believe that Escape from Gringotts has a multilevel queue. Do you think this ride will be similar?

View attachment 16855
Entry on lower level with a grand foyer, up the grand staircases to the main queue areas. It is a manor after all.

It was hard to tell in that first image but the latest shot from bioreconstruct has better lighting and a better angle to see inside the manor if you zoom in.

eumanor.jpg

I put the two images side by side. The yellow line the foyer outline on the second floor. It's a pure guess but the green is the attraction entrance and a left turn to go up the stairs?

If this is going to be loading on the second floor is the portion with the slightly higher roof for an elevator? So instead of going left you'd go straight up to the elevator and join the main queue from there. Or is that more of a queue theming thing?

That fountain basic is huge compared to the trucks surrounding it.
Almost looks like a meteor crater at that size!

What could account for doubling the budget? Adding scenes, animatronics, putting the KUKA on a more ambitious track? Anything else?
Specifically, the rumor is the ride system budget doubled, not the entire ride. I clarified that in my article version a bit. But it's still a massive increase. But whatever the change was, it was 100% related to the ride system.

I guess the previous Monster theater will be a station and an area for maintaining the vehicles but the shape and form suggests something a bit more complex than that. Do you got any input of what is being build Alicia?

Reactions: Alicia
I guess the previous Monster theater will be a station and an area for maintaining the vehicles but the shape and form suggests something a bit more complex than that. Do you got any input of what is being build Alicia?
I didn’t get into it, but electrical sub-permits are split between two areas, one for “facility” and one for “ride”. So, it’s possible there’s a building with queue, station and maintenance, (at least one section permits say is two stories). And also the ride area separate, perhaps outside.

Really I’m waiting on seeing more construction before drawing a final conclusion.

Reactions: tielo
I still question the decision to remove the show in favor of an outdoor coaster, but I'm pleased the Monsters dark ride is getting additional resources to work with.

Now that I am thinking about I am a little uneasy about a coaster in the middle of the Monsters Land. I hope it doesn't ruin the "village" aesthetic/ambience.

My concern, as well.

Reactions: NotPennysBoat
There still seems to be a lot of unknowns with monsters land and fb. Which has me nervous and excited at the same time.

Ultimately I believe both areas will turn out great.

Also glad to hear the budget increased for the ride system. That truly shows Universal’s commitment to building the best park possible.

Yeah, an indoor roller coaster would have been ideal to me. Always love the indoor rides with the nearly daily Florida rain. I too would like a nice dark and spooky atmosphere to the land, but as others have said an outdoor roller coaster could spoil that.

Reactions: belloq87
Depends on how it's themed and if they have it going over walkways. And Hogsmeade is slightly different than Monsters. People flying overhead in Harry Potter would be considered normal, whether on brooms or animals. People flying around in an old European village?

Exactly. There's an in-universe justification in the case of Hogsmeade.

There isn't an easily-identifiable one in the case of the Monsters (especially if it's themed to the Wolf Man, who's not exactly known for flying).

Exactly. There's an in-universe justification in the case of Hogsmeade.

There isn't an easily-identifiable one in the case of the Monsters (especially if it's themed to the Wolf Man, who's not exactly known for flying).

The Wolfman could easily be leaping from tree to tree, running across rooftops and streets. We have no idea what the theming of the coaster looks like yet.