Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 79 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It’s just short.

If it goes back and forth at the second launch, it will add some time.

Given the costs in a project like this, adding more track wouldn’t have added a big percentage to the final budget. Depending on what trains they go for but extreme spinner trains are $250,000 each.

The maintenance bay is also a little confusing. I can’t think of any other maintenance bays that have a front and rear loading system like this.Are they expecting this to be a vomit machine that they’ll need to be constantly loading and unloading trains.
At this point it NEEDS to have the swing launch to not be like only 40 seconds long.

All joking aside, how about that old Jekyll & Hyde spec?

Universal didn't make a Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde movie during their Classic Monsters heyday, and the characters were never really considered part of the Universal Classic Monsters group, despite being shoehorned into VAN HELSING and the Tom Cruise MUMMY as cameos. Being in the public domain, I guess Universal thought they could toss Jekyll & Hyde into those movies for some added value, but they're not traditionally part of the family.

I don't think that's a Universal film.

Universal didn't make a Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde movie during their Classic Monsters heyday, and the characters were never really considered part of the Universal Classic Monsters group, despite being shoehorned into VAN HELSING and the Tom Cruise MUMMY as cameos. Being in the public domain, I guess Universal thought they could toss Jekyll & Hyde into those movies for some added value, but they're not traditionally part of the family.

I don't really think it's Sleepy Hollow or Jekyll but I also think the Monsters brand is flexible enough to accommodate things like them even if they're not technically from Uni films (though if we want to be really technical, Dr. Jekyll was featured in one of the Abbott and Costello movies).

We're talking about a brand that's variably featured the Invisible Man and Phantom of the Opera along with Dr. Moreau, martians and the mole men. Part of the beauty of the Monsters is their malleability. If you told someone randomly that Dr. Jekyll was a universal monster I'm sure they'd believe you.

(though if we want to be really technical, Dr. Jekyll was featured in one of the Abbott and Costello movies)

If the land's hypothetical Mr. Hyde looks like this, I'm all in favor:
abbott-and-costello-meet-dr-jekyll-and-mr-hyde-lou-costello-mr-hyde.jpg

I think that after the hype dies down....people are going to spend more time on the right side of the park than the left side. Potter/HTTYD will be more repeatable than Nintendo/Monsters IMO.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I think that after the hype dies down....people are going to spend more time on the right side of the park than the left side. Potter/HTTYD will be more repeatable than Nintendo/Monsters IMO.
What makes you say that? The left side has two coasters, two e-ticket dark rides, a omni mover, and Nintendo has a ton to do outside of the rides. The right side has one e-ticket dark ride, a family coaster, a couple of flats, and two theatres.

What makes you say that? The left side has two coasters, two e-ticket dark rides, a omni mover, and Nintendo has a ton to do outside of the rides. The right side has one e-ticket dark ride, a family coaster, a couple of flats, and two theatres.

Just a hunch.

Yeah I think HTTYD will surprise a lot of people but I don’t think the right side will have as much traffic as the left until/unless LOTR is built.

Yeah I think HTTYD will surprise a lot of people but I don’t think the right side will have as much traffic as the left until/unless LOTR is built.

HTTYD is the real sleeper here. It's going to have an incredible reveal when you enter. It's probably the most balanced land in terms of rides with the most to boost. The sky fly looks like a lot of fun. The dining will be great. The IP is easily accessible.

The crowds at Hogsmeade and Diagon are almost always packed. So any side that happens to have Potter on it, will be packed most always.

Diagon probably feels busier than it is because of how tight it is and this will probably be more of the same. I'm still trying to get my head around the Potter ride but this feels like it will have the same impact as Spider-Man did when it opened at IOA.

HTTYD seems likely to be an incredibly attractive, well-themed land that suffers from the lack of a headliner/ center piece attraction. The problem will be nowhere near as extreme, but I fear there may be slight echoes of Lost Continent.