Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 81 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
MoM will undoubtedly be a hot ticket, but SNW will be THE hottest land in the park with the longest waits. Especially DK which has terrible capacity. If you're to rope drop any ride it should be it.

I agree with this...especially for first time visitors. Another huge draw for the land that not many people are mentioning.....Toadstool Cafe.

Reactions: salismetho

Looks like the Monsters coaster layout was accurate.

So is the consensus that this is longer than Flight of the Hippogriff in terms of track length, but potentially equivalent or even shorter in terms of duration (because of the launches)?

Going to be fascinating to see how they hide the dark ride showbuilding (and the back of the hub restaurant) from on-coaster vantage points.

So is the consensus that this is longer than Flight of the Hippogriff in terms of track length, but potentially equivalent or even shorter in terms of duration (because of the launches)?

Going to be fascinating to see how they hide the dark ride showbuilding (and the back of the hub restaurant) from on-coaster vantage points.

Might be a bit longer than Hippogriff, don't think the launches will be too powerful.

It's 115metres longer the hippogriff. With no swing launch. , But a swing launch adds 120metres.

Dispatch could be 45-60secs long. So could be sitting on the ride 90s total.

Either way, capacity might be 1300ppl/hr average

It's 115metres longer the hippogriff. With no swing launch. , But a swing launch adds 120metres.
You cannot add length to a coaster by traversing the same track multiple times. You add ride time and that's it. I cannot think of a coaster that does that. In that case the vekoma boomerangs would be 2,000ft long. . .

You cannot add length to a coaster by traversing the same track multiple times. You add ride time and that's it. I cannot think of a coaster that does that. In that case the vekoma boomerangs would be 2,000ft long. . .
I don't care how long a Vekoma Boomerang is, I've less than zero interest in them. you're giving off big Roller Coaster Fan Big energy with that reply though, this isn't that kind of forum.

i gave the track length and transversal length, people can do with that whatever they want with that info ...including trying to "well actually.." me

But why are you so offended? It's all about narrative and what you said is simply not true even in a hypothetical "it's going to swing launch" situation. If you took that as a "well actually, that's on you and something you have to deal with. I am not giving off anything, I have been ACTIVE on this site for YEARS (so i am quite sure what type of forum this is) and have not had any issues because I don't put my feelings in it, or try to project on people, IE; roller coaster fan big energy (whatever that is anyway). So yes, I will repeat it again, traversing the same track does not add track length to a coaster and if you don't like that I said it, not my issue.

Reactions: Fanta and alias8703
Okay, let's move on from this. Fair to say that most people involved in this conversation are concerned about the "ride time," but that is distinct from track length. If there is indeed a swing launch, you can add more ride time without adding more track.