Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 83 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There be Dragons.

20230213-212536-2.jpg

Does anyone know how a potential swing launch would even work on the Monsters coaster? Hard to tell from the construction photos but it seems like a reverse launch out of the indoor scene would have to be at such a slow speed given the relative height of the element before it no? Or is it possible we could reverse launch through that entire element back to the first launch and then launch again through both in succession? Just thinking through the possibilities.

That's what I said earlier. WIll they stop the train, launch it at a slow speed for a rollback then continue? i'd rather keep going because it's not like the building is long enough to build momentum as MACK launches are not that strong. I hope the concept of a swing launch is just a rumor. BUt if you want to see one in action. . .

I would hope the building is immensely themed like the screwt scene on hagrids but this building looks very barebones and not large enough.

Does anyone know how a potential swing launch would even work on the Monsters coaster? Hard to tell from the construction photos but it seems like a reverse launch out of the indoor scene would have to be at such a slow speed given the relative height of the element before it no? Or is it possible we could reverse launch through that entire element back to the first launch and then launch again through both in succession? Just thinking through the possibilities.

Obviously, this is ALL conjecture and I have no solid information if this will have a swing launch. That being said, I could see it stopping in the shed for a show scene, then do a small launch back then a powerful launch to get over the main hill. That's just a guess of course.

i dont like the stop version I ended up with. it flows better when it doesnt stop. here's a very very rough draft