Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 80 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
HTTYD seems likely to be an incredibly attractive, well-themed land that suffers from the lack of a headliner/ center piece attraction. The problem will be nowhere near as extreme, but I fear there may be slight echoes of Lost Continent.
I think HTTYD will have so much kinetic energy-- and the Sky Fly's will be the headliner. No one in the US has really seen one and they are impressive to watch. I think people underestimate them.

HTTYD seems likely to be an incredibly attractive, well-themed land that suffers from the lack of a headliner/ center piece attraction. The problem will be nowhere near as extreme, but I fear there may be slight echoes of Lost Continent.
Kinda agree to an extent. Apparently theres a plot for possible expansion. Im hopeful we get that ride patent that was similar to Flight Of Passage to really put this land on the map.

Lost Continent was amazing when it had a coaster.

And this one will have a coaster running through it.

Now if they transform the top half of HTTYD to a Potter land, only leaving the restaurant and the theater, then it would feel like current Lost Continent lol

I agree it seems to lack the big E-ticket dark ride that the other 3 lands have. But for opening day I think it's the 2nd most well rounded land in terms of overall offerings after Nintendo. 3 attractions and a show with the largest land in the park gives people plenty to do.

The masses begging for a screens based Universal attraction. Lordy.
There’s probably something Universal can build other then naked coasters and screen-based dark rides…

Even before the Potter subtraction, Lost Continent felt unfinished - it’s one of the reasons it was so ripe for the makeover. Largely naked coasters can be great and I think they have a place at Uni, but they can’t carry a land by themselves - Hulk is firmly the number two ride in Marvel, after all. If the HTTYD coaster was Hagrid level, that’d be a headliner. I also question the idea that flats significantly round out a land - does Storm Force make Marvel significantly more compelling? Even Kang, which is aesthetically and thematically great, does much more to make the land look good then it does to meaningfully deepen its ride lineup.

Still, the land will look incredible, and that’s a very big deal. I just want them to hurry up and announce expansions to everything but SNW because I’m greedy (they can announce an expansion there too, of course).

The masses begging for a screens based Universal attraction. Lordy.

Well, you know where I stand (read: I'm perfectly fine with not getting a simulator!), but I do continue to think it's mildly odd that none of the attractions in the land are going to feature what I would have expected to be the number one priority for a HTTYD area: let guests fly on the back of a dragon. Sure, the coaster and Sky Fly will basically satisfy the visceral element of that... but in-story, they're going to be training contraptions, not "real" dragons.

I'm not saying that's a bad choice, just one that's somewhat counterintuitive.

Well, you know where I stand (read: I'm perfectly fine with not getting a simulator!), but I do continue to think it's mildly odd that none of the attractions in the land are going to feature what I would have expected to be the number one priority for a HTTYD area: let guests fly on the back of a dragon. Sure, the coaster and Sky Fly will basically satisfy the visceral element of that... but in-story, they're going to be training contraptions, not "real" dragons.

I'm not saying that's a bad choice, just one that's somewhat counterintuitive.
It would also seem to have been the ideal land for a flume, since at least in the first film the Vikings sailing around is almost as significant as the dragon riding.

What makes you say that? The left side has two coasters, two e-ticket dark rides, a omni mover, and Nintendo has a ton to do outside of the rides. The right side has one e-ticket dark ride, a family coaster, a couple of flats, and two theatres.

The right side has the park's two signature coasters.

I almost guarantee that Potter is going to be THE biggest “hot ticket” item in this park and it’s in the far right corner. I think first 2 months when everyone wants Nintendo and that ride it’ll struggle, but beyond that I think the park is well balanced.

Reactions: Mad Dog
It would also seem to have been the ideal land for a flume, since at least in the first film the Vikings sailing around is almost as significant as the dragon riding.
Or an interactive boat ride where you battle other boats and make a big splash like in the good ole viking days. . .
wickie-the-battle-2.jpg

20160622_095126_21.jpg

Wickie-2_MG_4177.jpg

Reactions: Suchomimus
I believe the speculation around one of the hub rides is a Mack Twist 'n' Splash. That would make a Viking battle water ride kind of redundant.