Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 174 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
eufountatin.png
Someone spent years perfecting their color by number skills just for this moment. They did a good job, it looks beautiful! :p

A long time ago when this park was first announced there were a few saying this was going to be DisneySea-levels of theming. I've never been there and it's still a dream park to visit someday. Still, it seemed difficult to believe back then that we'd get something comparable so I didn't want to get my hopes too high but after these last few months more details keep pouring in with each update. It's clear it's going to be something special no matter what when it's done.

I cried when I first walked through the entrance of Hogsmeade. I have no idea how much of a wreck I'll be here. :lmao::sob:

View attachment 21824
Someone spent years perfecting their color by number skills just for this moment. They did a good job, it looks beautiful! :p

A long time ago when this park was first announced there were a few saying this was going to be DisneySea-levels of theming. I've never been there and it's still a dream park to visit someday. Still, it seemed difficult to believe back then that we'd get something comparable so I didn't want to get my hopes too high but after these last few months more details keep pouring in with each update. It's clear it's going to be something special no matter what when it's done.

I cried when I first walked through the entrance of Hogsmeade. I have no idea how much of a wreck I'll be here. :lmao::sob:
The level of theming, from what we can see at this point in time, is Exemplary.

Onsite hotels will have direct transportation - most of them already have dedicated bus shelters for this
Do you just mean the usual bus shelters at the resorts or do you mean they have specific ones for Epic now? If the latter, dang that seems so early hahaha
That'll be nice to have the direct access for sure

Saw some general Epic construction updates this morning and I still can't wrap my head around how much progress has been made even just in the past month. It's feeling so real now! I can only get down to Orlando once a year in the fall and I remember riding past Stella Nova and Terra Luna last October and thinking THAT made it feel real. But now

Jumping the gun a little but what are the known phase two expansions? I've heard of the Mexitalian restaurant in Celestial Park, Luigi's Mansion in Nintendo, and Creature from the Black Lagoon in Dark Universe. Do we know of anything else / more details on these?
The restaurant is under construction already.

Luigi is highly rumored to be fast tracked for ready soon after park opens, but not sure on validity of timing rumors.

And no one has heard anything about Creature ride for Dark Universe in A VERY LONG TIME. In fact, a dirt berm is going in where that phase 2 expansion space in the land is located, so they likely don't plan to build anything there currently.

There was also a rumor for a Great Hall dining experience to open in 2026 in Wizarding World, but I have a feeling they're backing off of that idea to focus on adding a new ride for Nintendo first. We shall see!

Is there an updated version of the map that highlights expansion plot areas? IK there's an older version of one floating around and I wanna see where all the expansions are / how large they are.

I’m awful at working out scale looking at these photos but how does the car park look compared to other theme parks in the area?

I can’t help but feel it looks on the smaller side but also well aware that may be by design to get people to bus in from resorts etc.

My old eyes may just be failing me though but if anyone has the tech knowledge to overlay them I’d love to see it!

I’m awful at working out scale looking at these photos but how does the car park look compared to other theme parks in the area?

I can’t help but feel it looks on the smaller side but also well aware that may be by design to get people to bus in from resorts etc.

My old eyes may just be failing me though but if anyone has the tech knowledge to overlay them I’d love to see it!
Epic's parking lot is about ~40-45 acres, pending this massive lot area currently being utilized as a staging area.

MK - currently 130 acres, will be 142 acres once they fill in the center they're slowing working on.
EP - 91 acres (realistically 77, as 1/5 of the parking seems to always be blocked off for RunDisney events)
DHS* - 58 acres
DAK* - 51 acres
SWO* - 38 acres +15 acres of a grass lot they use on ultra busy days
UOR's garages are about 20 acres each

*Excludes employee lots

Epic's parking lot is about ~40-45 acres, pending this massive lot area currently being utilized as a staging area.

MK - currently 130 acres, will be 142 acres once they fill in the center they're slowing working on.
EP - 91 acres (realistically 77, as 1/5 of the parking seems to always be blocked off for RunDisney events)
DHS* - 58 acres
DAK* - 51 acres
SWO* - 38 acres +15 acres of a grass lot they use on ultra busy days
UOR's garages are about 20 acres each

*Excludes employee lots
Thank you for this, really interesting!