Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 176 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone know if that station 9 3/4 walk trough wall/vanish effect would work outdoors? I was wondering if they’d be able to use it to pull off the french ministry effect

It’s a take on the pepper’s ghost and requires a light-controller environment. Wouldn’t work directly outdoors no.

It’s a take on the pepper’s ghost and requires a light-controller environment. Wouldn’t work directly outdoors no.
:( I don’t know if to feel bummed the effect wouldn’t work or be happy because the peppers ghost effect usage is so interesting to learn about

Looking at the three hub rings and what alicia mentioned of them on her podcast, the individual themes look like they could be something along the lines of the heavenly ring (Tons of light and cloud elements seen, roofed main street akin to overseas universal/disney parks), Celestial ring (space race coasters, Zodiac constellations carousel ) and the fire & water ring (Fire colored restaurants including the charmander’s big fire grill and a chinese restaurant, water show)

Also, looking at the EU concept art where alicia wrote “Space themed racing coaster” if you zoom in and look at the track behind the word space it looks almost as if it’s contained by rock work which connects to the greater rock work that makes up the HTTYD entrance. Maybe to hide the coaster from being seen from the hub?

Perfect timing for these Ministry rumors as I’m doing a Harry Potter re-watch with my friends and Order Of The Phoenix is today. I’ll be sure to drop this rumor on them when we discuss the film later on. Will be an interesting brief knee jerk reaction to a GP view on it. Very, very small data point but I always find it interesting nonetheless.

Anyone I know perosnally who’s been to Diagon I’ve basically said Universal’s new park is trying to be that immersive with every single thing and everybody seems to wanna sign up to go but I still am always curious what non-obsessed people think

Fun read Alicia. I wonder if you put those 2 locations in those buildings because you know they are separate rides or do you just speculate that?

As we all know Epic Universe has Worlds, not Lands, so a Wizzarding World would be logical (unlike a Fantastic Beasts and where to find them World). The park will open 2024, probably, by that time we have seen 4 of the 5 FB movies who, if rumors are true, have all different locations in the world and Ministries to show off.
I could see 1 attraction that will take you on a whirlwind trip over the globe as we visit all of them and even some more. Imagine a trackless ride system. You enter from the carnival area in magical Paris (on the right), it's a fun house facade. The 2 large rooms will be large but scaled versions that each could double as 2 ministries of magic. With props coming from the floor or ceiling and projection mapping with added led screens these rooms can change instantly when groups of 3 vehicles roam the side rooms. Not every vehicle will take the same route, not every room will be visited and there are a few different ways the story could go.
View attachment 12174
The drawing is just that for the idea and not an actual ride. I'd like this.

I couldn't help but think of this:

wizarding world showcase.png

Perfect timing for these Ministry rumors as I’m doing a Harry Potter re-watch with my friends and Order Of The Phoenix is today. I’ll be sure to drop this rumor on them when we discuss the film later on. Will be an interesting brief knee jerk reaction to a GP view on it. Very, very small data point but I always find it interesting nonetheless.

Anyone I know perosnally who’s been to Diagon I’ve basically said Universal’s new park is trying to be that immersive with every single thing and everybody seems to wanna sign up to go but I still am always curious what non-obsessed people think
I've been doing a rewatch too and just finished Order of the Pheonix. I was paying close attention to ministry scenes ;). For real though I can't watch these movies without being sooooo annoyed by super important parts left out of the movies. Kreacher barely even showed up in this movie?!?!?! Grrrr!
I think they could do multiple little entrances with "floos" right next to each other to avoid a bottleneck prroblem though in the land. Bet they sell "prophecies" too. It'd be super cool if they sold prophecies that you could somehow get your name on.

This is my understanding for getting in/out of the British Ministry.
See now THIS is gonna be a thing to see itself I feel honestly, going to be so unique. I cannot wait to see how this is pulled off.

Also, Order Of The Phoenix I think still may be my favorite Potter film, damn that was fun.

This is my understanding for getting in/out of the British Ministry.

So using the Floo network might be how we transition from Paris into the London Ministry? Or is there a chance that the land will actually have exterior themed areas to both London and Paris? Seems like, if they want to use the Floo, there's a built-in mechanism there to keep the whole land thematically consistent while also giving us attractions based in two different locations.

As much as I wanted Fantastic Beasts proper, this just seems like the right direction for Universal to go here in terms of marketing, potential for premire attractions, appealing to the masses, it’s great.

This is one of those ideas where it just sound simple and makes sense, but it’s hard to naturally pull off, kinda like the Hogwarts Express. Genius idea that sounds simple and a natural idea, but they’re actually putting it into practice and making it work. Terrific!

So using the Floo network might be how we transition from Paris into the London Ministry? Or is there a chance that the land will actually have exterior themed areas to both London and Paris? Seems like, if they want to use the Floo, there's a built-in mechanism there to keep the whole land thematically consistent while also giving us attractions based in two different locations.
Sounds like the streets will still be Paris. I can see us going down some side street to start the queue before a preshow where it's explained why we're going to the British Ministry

Sounds like the streets will still be Paris. I can see us going down some side street to start the queue before a preshow where it's explained why we're going to the British Ministry
I still wonder if you have to go thru the Paris Ministry to transfer over to the British Ministry.

They're in different buildings, so that seems unlikely
Maybe I’m remembering too much from the FB rumors and that it’s just one gigantic building housing both of these, so I thought maybe there would be a connection inside that. I’m very interested to see how they pull this all off

Maybe I’m remembering too much from the FB rumors and that it’s just one gigantic building housing both of these, so I thought maybe there would be a connection inside that. I’m very interested to see how they pull this all off
The concept art, under the fireworks, made it look like one big building, but there does appear to be two separate structures.

Status
Not open for further replies.