Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 175 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, regarding the EU Wizarding World potentially being based on the "original franchise" more so than FB -- how much do we consider the actors in those decisions? Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, and Emma Watson each look a fair bit older than they did even when Diagon Alley opened, and we all know their involvement/participation with that land wasn't at the level it was for Hogsmeade. Who knows where their interest level would be for this, or if it's even feasible, given their age at this point.

Seems like a FB focused land would be more workable from that perspective, unless they feel like they can move forward with limited (or potentially zero) involvement from the central trio. I also wonder if the FB cast might be under contract for an engagements like this, whereas cast members from the original franchise could negotiate payment and perhaps make things more complicated from a cost perspective.

Reactions: Disneyson1
So, regarding the EU Wizarding World potentially being based on the "original franchise" more so than FB -- how much do we consider the actors in those decisions? Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, and Emma Watson each look a fair bit older than they did even when Diagon Alley opened, and we all know their involvement/participation with that land wasn't at the level it was for Hogsmeade. Who knows where their interest level would be for this, or if it's even feasible, given their age at this point.

Seems like a FB focused land would be more workable from that perspective, unless they feel like they can move forward with limited (or potentially zero) involvement from the central trio. I also wonder if the FB cast might be under contract for an engagements like this, whereas cast members from the original franchise could negotiate payment and perhaps make things more complicated from a cost perspective.
Universal just opened a ride that had none of the principal characters involved and most people think it's the best ride out of them all. Just food for thought.

I’m just gonna put my $ on this being FB timeline still, and British Ministry involving Jude Law as Dumbledore. It’d only make sense to keep this all
The same timeline, Dumbledore is a recognizable character, as is the British Ministry. It all makes sense in my eyes if they’re gonna go ahead and do 2 Ministry’s.

Or, a fun theory. French Mystery is large part of the Queue, then we step into Newt’s Suitcase at some point? Or that’s the basis for our ride? Not sure, Newt’s suitcase may work for a show better depending on what route they’re taking exactly.

Reactions: WaterToWade
Universal just opened a ride that had none of the principal characters involved and most people think it's the best ride out of them all. Just food for thought.
Sure, but that ride is part of a land where they are heavily featured, not to mention right next door to a ride where they're one of the key focal points, so it kinda balances out, right? I also have no doubt that Universal could easily make multiple incredible Wizarding World rides that don't feature the principal characters, but when you think about how even some of the beloved secondary characters have similarly aged out of their roles, it just makes me wonder how they'd approach everything, in general.

Wouldn't it be more challenging to work with original franchise actors as opposed to the FB actors? Do you even need the film actors for a successful British MoM ride? Answer: probably not, but it would be a little weird, and what about other aspects of the land? You'd need at least some element from the franchise. These are my questions/thoughts.

Sure, but that ride is part of a land where they are heavily featured, not to mention right next door to a ride where they're one of the key focal points, so it kinda balances out, right? I also have no doubt that Universal could easily make multiple incredible Wizarding World rides that don't feature the principal characters, but when you think about how even some of the beloved secondary characters have similarly aged out of their roles, it just makes me wonder how they'd approach everything, in general.

Wouldn't it be more challenging to work with original franchise actors as opposed to the FB actors? Do you even need the film actors for a successful British MoM ride? Answer: probably not, but it would be a little weird, and what about other aspects of the land? You'd need at least some element from the franchise. These are my questions/thoughts.
I think it would be relatively easy to get some secondary actors back. Luna, Neville, the Weasley Twins, etc always seem to be up for whatever Uni wants to do

Harry Potter Puppet Pals finally getting the justice it deserves!
This cracks me up because harry potter puppet pals randomly popped up in my youtube feed the other day and i instantly thought about universal too. Haha. Then i remembered they already had a much more technically impressive puppet show at the park hehe. But it'd be hillarious if they found a small way to bring it back.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Two lands with two gov buildings makes sense for the FB franchise too. Every film so far has featured at least one nation’s capital government building (FB3 is gonna have the German one according to the head set designer) and it’s much more world war-y than Potter.

Also, i’m confident that Newt‘s wand will be one of universal’s best sellers

I’m just gonna put my $ on this being FB timeline still, and British Ministry involving Jude Law as Dumbledore. It’d only make sense to keep this all
The same timeline, Dumbledore is a recognizable character, as is the British Ministry. It all makes sense in my eyes if they’re gonna go ahead and do 2 Ministry’s.

Or, a fun theory. French Mystery is large part of the Queue, then we step into Newt’s Suitcase at some point? Or that’s the basis for our ride? Not sure, Newt’s suitcase may work for a show better depending on what route they’re taking exactly.
I'd ride anything with Dumbledamn (Jude Law) i might be in the minority but I'd much prefer they include FB cast. I love me some Newt!

If the left used to be NY/Macusa, i’ll honestly be bummed because that means that quick service probably was the blind pig (which could’ve been imo the coolest WW restaurant to date) or some sort of expanded Jacob’s bakery, but the british ministry is awesome regardless

Two lands with two gov buildings makes sense for the FB franchise too. Every film so far has featured at least one nation’s capital government building (FB3 is gonna have the German one according to the head set designer) and it’s much more world war-y than Potter.

Also, i’m confident that Newt‘s wand will be one of universal’s best sellers

Speaking of Newt's wand -- mine from The Noble Collection just arrived today.

I want to see a Niffler in this new world at the parks and a ton of merchandise featuring the creature.

I want to see a Niffler in this new world at the parks and a ton of merchandise featuring the creature.
I was so glad to see nifflers stick around at the Universal gift shops after the rest of the FB stuff went away. Wish they’d restock the black and white baby nifflers though.

Theseus’ wand looks so good i might get it if Uni makes an interactive version :).
I’ve also never gotten a plushie at a theme park, but if they make a Zowu.... i might just have to change that.

Reactions: brkndwnbus
Make that a duck leg. No turkeys in medieval Scandinavia. :)

Put duck legs in a park and I'd legit be there everyday. Lord knows how much I miss my firecracker duck wings and want some sort of East Coast offering.

Duck-Wings-042712-728x485.jpg

does anyone know if that station 9 3/4 walk trough wall/vanish effect would work outdoors? I was wondering if they’d be able to use it to pull off the french ministry effect

Status
Not open for further replies.