Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 301 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Asking genuinely: how are you getting to that 25 number?

Doing the math, based on rumors, and even being extremely generous with the classification of what an "attraction" is, I get to 17.

Nintendo
- Mario Kart
- Yoshi
- Donkey Kong
- Interactive Walk-through

Monsters
- Ride
- Show
- Possible Walk-through

Wizarding World
- Ministry
- VR (maybe)
- Show (maybe)

HTTYD
- Coaster
- Show
- Kids Water Ride
- Other Kids ride

Hub
- Coaster
- Unknown Attraction (flat ride?)
- Second Unknown Attraction?
The “25” was a total number rumored several months back. You’re forgetting things like playgrounds and splash pads, of which there are at least two (DK and Dragons). There’s also stuff we don’t actually know about. All of that is rolled up in the “attractions” number (for example, “If I Ran the Zoo” is part of IoA’s total).

Reactions: SeventyOne

Doing the math, based on rumors, and even being extremely generous with the classification of what an "attraction" is, I get to 17.

Nintendo
- Mario Kart
- Yoshi
- Donkey Kong

Monsters
- Ride
- Show
- Possible Walk-through

Wizarding World
- Ministry
- VR (maybe)
- Show (maybe)

HTTYD
- Coaster
- Show
- Kids Water Ride
- Other Kids ride

Hub
- Coaster

This is basically what I’ve determined as well, based on released info. That’s why I hold little optimism (though it’s faint) that Universal has something unannounced. It seems a bit lacking based on what we know now...maybe theres something we aren‘t aware of yet? I just hope Universal isn‘t heading down the Disney path of opening “half day parks”. I see the financial insensitive in doing so, but really hope they offer more than a DHS (prior to SW expansion) or DAK (prior to Pandora). People work hard to afford their vacations, make it worth it for them.

Reactions: Cheezbat
This is basically what I’ve determined as well, based on released info. That’s why I hold little optimism (though it’s faint) that Universal has something unannounced. It seems a bit lacking based on what we know now...maybe theres something we aren‘t aware of yet? I just hope Universal isn‘t heading down the Disney path of opening “half day parks”. I see the financial insensitive in doing so, but really hope they offer more than a DHS (prior to SW expansion) or DAK (prior to Pandora). People work hard to afford their vacations, make it worth it for them.
EU is expected to open with more attractions than both Islands and Studios.

It won’t be a “half-day” park.

EU is expected to open with more attractions than both Islands and Studios.

It won’t be a “half-day” park.

That's subjective, of course. It will certainly have enough for people to fill a full day if they want to do everything.

Others may find it does not have enough to keep them around for the full day. Which can be true for any theme park, of course.

I'm expecting this to be closer to Animal Kingdom's "done by 2pm" for me, once it's settled down from the opening hype. And I love AK, so that's not necessarily a strike against EU.

Reactions: Coolbfitz

Nintendo
- Mario Kart
- Yoshi
- Donkey Kong

Monsters
- Ride
- Show
- Possible Walk-through

Wizarding World
- Ministry
- VR (maybe)
- Show (maybe)

HTTYD
- Coaster
- Show
- Kids Water Ride
- Other Kids ride

Hub
- Coaster
As Legacy said, the parks , both Disney & Universal are very liberal on what they classify as an attraction. Looking at the current map I picked up at the park last week, IOA lists 31 attractions and USF lists 34. Things like M&G's, Knight Bus, Gringott's Money Exchange, Meet Spongebob, The Mystic Fountain, Oh, The Stories You'll Hear are all listed as attractions....Actual high level rides/attraction level shows are considerably less. ...I think we'll actually need to wait to see the final configuration before we can judge the park. Numbers are almost meaningless, since it's so subjective on what they are counting as an attraction.

Last edited:
That's subjective, of course. It will certainly have enough for people to fill a full day if they want to do everything.

Others may find it does not have enough to keep them around for the full day. Which can be true for any theme park, of course.

I'm expecting this to be closer to Animal Kingdom's "done by 2pm" for me, once it's settled down from the opening hype. And I love AK, so that's not necessarily a strike against EU.

:huh:

This is so subjective because I could spend all day just in the monsters land. But I will probably spend whatever the E-Ticket queue length is in the FB land if it comes and thats about it.

That sounds more like a you problem than an EU problem.

They definitely learned from IOA's opening of making sure you have enough for children on day 1. If you are the type of person who just wants to go on coasters all day, obviously this park (and Orlando in general) isn't for you.

If you want to compare to Animal Kingdom, EU is speculated to have at least 5ish E-Tickets/major attractions at open if initial plans work out... already more than what DAK has at only 4 major attractions. Not including all the other C/D tickets that fill up your time. AND EU is designed to be explored more than any other park ever built (in the US).

I have my qualms about some themes for the lands, and would always love more rides, but the fact is EU will probably have the strongest opening day attraction lineup in Orlando since...Magic Kingdom? The sad fact is Orlando parks have given up on the idea of ever giving a guest the breadth of options that Disneyland or MK do. So I’m happy enough with the amount of attractions coming to the park, especially if the expansion plots are filled sooner rather than later

Didn’t mean to be weird. Honestly, I just joined this site because I love theme parks/ Universal, and have lots of time to preoccupy my imagination while sitting at Moffitt receiving round after round of chemo. Definitely don’t want to get anyone upset, just find speculation and discussion fun. Cancer puts life into perspective. There are so many more important things on this planet to get upset about, theme parks certainly shouldn’t be one of them lol Just know I come in peace. I’m sure Epic will eventually turn out beautifully, and bring smiles and lasting memories to countless families and enthusiast!

Didn’t mean to be weird. Honestly, I just joined this site because I love theme parks/ Universal, and have lots of time to preoccupy my imagination while sitting at Moffitt receiving round after round of chemo. Definitely don’t want to get anyone upset, just find speculation and discussion fun. Cancer puts things in perspective. There are so many more important things on this planet to get upset about, theme parks certainly shouldn’t be one of them lol Just know I come in peace. I’m sure Epic will eventually turn out beautifully, and bring smiles and lasting memories to countless families and enthusiast!

It’s a discussion site, it’s all part of discussing. It’s all cool.

I mean it depends on what people see in TDS.
To me, what made/makes DisneySea great is less about the attractions and more about the team members and management. Of course the themed areas and attractions are awesome and I haven’t been in a few years, but the team members’ attitude, helpfulness, and enthusiasm stand out the most in my mind. That can be difficult to replicate without prioritizing it.

That being said, I think Universal is in a strong position to get close to DisneySea’s reputation with EU.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coolbfitz
Status
Not open for further replies.