Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 302 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be great if Epic follows the Classic Epcot approach. Like, Epcot has rides, but it’s also beautiful to walk around World Showcase and take in the sites..much like Tokyo Disney Sea or DAK. Perhaps instead of individual countries with restaurants and attraction, Epic could build classic movie themed restaurants with their own entertainment. Like imagine a Ghostbusters Restaurant with ghostly happenings while dining, that sort of thing.

Reactions: Nico
I really don't think I said anything out of bounds or controversial, but whatever. :shrug:

That sounds more like a you problem than an EU problem.

Did I not admit as much?
that's not necessarily a strike against EU.

It’s emotionally easier to write off a theme park than live in a world of ambiguity and grey areas. (Trust me I know, I’m still working on this with my therapist ;) )

I do not think this is a terribly fair characterization.

I'm guessing you're referring to Illumination? I don't think any of us were expecting that before we heard it from NBCUniversal themselves.
Or if other concepts change, attractions change or get added, lands get added, I think anytbing can happen after Shell mentioned Illuminations. Cause if he mentioned it, I doubt it’s an expansion plan as why would he mention an expansion IP 4 years prior to opening of the park? Things seem to be happening

I'm guessing you're referring to Illumination? I don't think any of us were expecting that before we heard it from NBCUniversal themselves.
No, I’m referring to the fact the none of the rumored lineup has been confirmed lol. There may be entertainment and other attractions that haven’t been permitted. And yes, changes could be made to the current plans. There’s still a lot we’re basing on assumptions, so there could be more than we think when all is said and done.

Alternately, there could instead be less than we’re thinking. So, I wouldn’t get too heated on either side this early is all.

Just my random opinion;...When it comes to opening a park of this prominence, I'd guess there's certain capacity guidelines, initial attendance projections, and ROI, that they look at. I don't think it's just coincidence that Shanghai, Beijing, IOA,
and Epic all seem to have similar numbers of major and secondary attractions. And slightly secondary projected attendance parks, like Hong Kong & Singapore, come in at a smaller number of attractions. AK is kind of
an outlier since it's as much zoo as a theme park. MGM/DHS wasn't really conceived as a full fledged theme park originally, so it's kind of an outlier also. Neither of those two parks have been able to get their attraction count
up to an acceptable level, since they opened at such a huge attraction disadvantage. ....If Epic opens like we think it will, capacity should be adequate at the least. And they do have all that expansion space available as the attendance increases
yearly. It doesn't make a ton of business sense to open a park catering to 15 million guests if you think your opening years will be in the 7 to 11 million range. Plus it's always good marketing to be able to advertise a new attraction, in an expansion pad, once every couple of years.

No, I’m referring to the fact the none of the rumored lineup has been confirmed lol. There may be entertainment and other attractions that haven’t been permitted. And yes, changes could be made to the current plans. There’s still a lot we’re basing on assumptions, so there could be more than we think when all is said and done.

Alternately, there could instead be less than we’re thinking. So, I wouldn’t get too heated on either side this early is all.

I'm struggling to understand where the scorched earth mindset that everything we thought we knew is somehow gone and theyve started from scratch has come from, with time being a factor its much more realistic to expect modest changes either way.

I'm struggling to understand where the scorched earth mindset that everything we thought we knew is somehow gone and theyve started from scratch has come from, with time being a factor its much more realistic to expect modest changes either way.
Considering the amount of stuff Universal has in their portfolio, it would be remarkably simple for wholesale changes to the park. They have complete lands and rides from other parks they could swap out for anything in EU. They could re-theme planned attractions without changing a thing about the ride itself. This is even more true when they haven’t even started actual construction of anything directly related to the park, and we don’t have a definitive timeline.

Basically, we only think we know what we know.

SNW, if doing all 3 rides, meet n greets, dining, and interactivity, is almost an entire day itself. Factor in wait times. Maybe add another one of the 4 lands in, but that alone can be a day. I really don’t see an issue here, considering every other land will be to that level of theming as well.

• Haha
Reactions: jarmor and RFRees
Do you think Horror Nights will stay a strictly Studios event, or perhaps alternate with Epic? I know space for hosting has become a bit of an issue with Studios, and Epic will be flush with available land. Certainly will be interesting to see how they decide to approach this in the future.

2/12 hour wait for MK, 1 hour for DK, 30 min for Yoshi, 30 min for meet n greets. 1-2 hours for games. I disagree. Not everyone is their open to close.
The only time you’ll wait 2.5 hours for MK is opening day. It’s a people eater.
Do you think Horror Nights will stay a strictly Studios event, or perhaps alternate with Epic? I know space for hosting has become a bit of an issue with Studios, and Epic will be flush with available land. Certainly will be interesting to see how they decide to approach this in the future.

100% Just at the Studios.

Hey I just meant some changes. I’m not expecting them to start over or nuttin. Moving the VR thing out for example, if true, shows somethings are not the way they used to be.

Until we see new site plans though, who knows what else, if anything, could change.

Hey I just meant some changes. I’m not expecting them to start over or nuttin. Moving the VR thing out for example, if true, shows somethings are not the way they used to be.

Until we see new site plans though, who knows what else, if anything, could change.
I certainly hope they don't start nuttin... :lol:
But seriously, I'm pretty confident it will all work out and EU will have a pretty solid opening lineup.

I'm pretty sure with a tiny bit of knowledge, that current construction is being held up slightly. I believe there are some changes that we're not completely privy to. So that leads to delays in getting construction materials delivered. Also some of the construction companies that are going to be working there have to staff up before any actual construction occurs. We are just getting back to normal from the pandemic. However it's going to be a glorious day very soon when we all look and there's tons of activity going on at the site. Really looking forward to that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.