Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 362 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I truly don't understand the pushback against the minority of us who aren't inherently excited about a coaster just because it's a coaster. I never jab at you guys for your preferences.

Unlike Revenge of the Mummy, your "favorite ride in the park".

Themed to an excavation/mine-cart-type set-up, no? We’re investigating a tomb being excavated (or on a movie set of a tomb being excavated, depending on how much one wants to take the “story” seriously). That's enough of a justification to me.

And also, if this rumored coaster is going to be themed on that level, then sure, I’d be very happy, but I would also still think the park could use another significant show.

Last edited:
And let me just explain my position with a bit more clarity:

If this coaster ends up being something that is well-themed (not Mummy level, but nicely filled-out) and seems to fit into the land, aesthetically and thematically, then I am more than fine with such a ride (assuming there aren't inversions and I can actually ride it). Ideally, it would be another indoor attraction (hence my general preference for a show), but whatever; if it looks good and justifies the mode of conveyance, terrific.

If it were to essentially just be a coaster dropped in there just to have a coaster, I wouldn’t love it.

That’s all. I don’t think that’s a terribly unreasonable view.

I think my tentative accounting is a pretty good mix of indoor/outdoor.

WW: 3 indoor
Hub: 1 indoor/1 outdoor
Monsters: 1 indoor/1 Unknown
SNW: 1 outdoor/2 mixed
HTTYD: 1 indoor/3 outdoor
GoT: 1 Hodor

Indoor: 7
Outdoor: 7 (if you consider Monsters rollercoaster outdoor)

Reactions: JMalez
I truly don't understand the pushback against the minority of us who aren't inherently excited about a coaster just because it's a coaster. I never jab at you guys for your preferences.
And let me just explain my position with a bit more clarity:

If this coaster ends up being something that is well-themed (not Mummy level, but nicely filled-out) and seems to fit into the land, aesthetically and thematically, then I am more than fine with such a ride (assuming there aren't inversions and I can actually ride it). Ideally, it would be another indoor attraction (hence my general preference for a show), but whatever; if it looks good and justifies the mode of conveyance, terrific.

If it were to essentially just be a coaster dropped in there just to have a coaster, I wouldn’t love it.

That’s all. I don’t think that’s a terribly unreasonable view.

But how would you feel if it was an escalator ride?

• Haha
Reactions: belloq87
I think this park was is probably the perfect mix of indoor and outdoor.

I’m going to assume if a coaster does happen, it will be outdoor to balance the land.

There are only 3/4 indoor "major" attractions (Mario, Monsters, and Potter - maybe VR) + the HTTYD show if it's still in the works.

Not against an outdoor coaster and would love the kinetic energy, but my rainy day experiences at IOA are the worst.

I'm a huge fan of theme park stage shows...BUT, I think three large stage shows (Dragons,Potter, & Monsters) would be a risky business strategy. I doubt that all three would play to sustaining crowds. So It's probably best that one goes away, and gets replaced by some type of ride. Otherwise, one of the three would probably end up being cut after a year or two. And we all know how the theme parks have become reluctant to pay for actors anyway.

I'm a huge fan of theme park stage shows...BUT, I think three large stage shows (Dragons,Potter, & Monsters) would be a risky business strategy. I doubt that all three would play to sustaining crowds. So It's probably best that one goes away, and gets replaced by some type of ride. Otherwise, one of the three would probably end up being cut after a year or two. And we all know how the theme parks have become reluctant to pay for actors anyway.
True. Rather see one get cut now than a year later like Toon Lagoon. And actually have the space utilized.

If the coaster attraction is something like plussed up version of Gringotts then I would be perfectly happy with it. But I think a show should still be a considered down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.