Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 364 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as the hub dueling coaster, this is what Mack is doing these days with their launched Coasters.

I went back into my model to update the other day, I was being really modest with elevations when i built it (~100ft) and yet, the course is so long i had to set both launches to at least 67mph in order for it to finish the loop. I think hub coaster will be hauling like that Mack in your video

I was gonna bring up IOA, as it would essentially put them on a similar element. Depending on where it's scaled, it could be some kind of thrill coaster, leading towards the parallel of IOA's 2 thrill coaster and 2 family coasters to be apparent and brought in for Epic Universe.

Those four being:
Donkey Kong = the Hagrids level in theme-coaster. A coaster that prioritizes itself to completely immerse you into the feeling that they want to put guests in. Case in point: Hagrids has the two-different seating options and in Donkey Kong's case, it being the Minecarts gliding along "Fake" track.
Dragons = The Velocicoaster-Lite. A coaster that could be deceptively thrilling like Hagrids, with the exposed steel as seen in Velocicoaster. An attraction that is clear and visible to everyone in the area, and being an instant photo op from various angles.
Space-Dueler = The Dueling Dragons of Epic Universe. Two opposing coasters that duel alongside eachother, being the most thrilling coaster in the park (and could even be more thrilling if it has the free-spinning as seen from the Blue Fire test or Steel Taipan from DreamWorld Sydney.

That allows them to decide on what kind of coaster they'd want. Would they want another family coaster, or perhaps making something much more thrilling to put it to IOA's two thrill coasters/two family coasters.

Dragons Coaster is very much like hagrids actually, just shorter

Are they listening to me? Are they building Scooby Doo’s Creepy Carnival as part of Monsters?

Or is the coaster going to serve as a Beetlejuice ride?
A Beetlejuice rollercoaster would instantly turn this 10/10 park into a 100/10 park.

Reactions: Nico
I went back into my model to update the other day, I was being really modest with elevations when i built it (~100ft) and yet, the course is so long i had to set both launches to at least 67mph in order for it to finish the loop. I think hub coaster will be hauling like that Mack in your video

Dragons Coaster is very much like hagrids actually, just shorter

And that brings a major problem I have with this park. These coasters look much too redundant of coasters at Islands. Jury's still out on the dark rides.

Last edited:
And that brings a major problem I have with this park. These coasters look much too redundant of coasters at Islands. Jury's still out on the dark rides.
VelociCoaster and Hagrid are both Intamin launch coasters and are completely different experiences.

It’s a small world and pirates of the Caribbean. Little Mermaid and Haunted Mansion. Right next to each other.

A ride system doesn’t dictate a ride experience.

VelociCoaster and Hagrid are both Intamin launch coasters and are completely different experiences.

It’s a small world and pirates of the Caribbean. Little Mermaid and Haunted Mansion. Right next to each other.

Fair. I just miss the days when it seemed like Universal had very little to no repeating ride systems.

I do think both Universal and Disney have gotten too launch-happy with their recent (and upcoming) coasters in Orlando, so having at least one in the Epic Universe lineup that does not involve a launch would help diversify, as well. Don't know if that's in the cards, though.

I do think both Universal and Disney have gotten too launch-happy with their recent (and upcoming) coasters in Orlando, so having at least one in the Epic Universe lineup that does not involve a launch would help diversify, as well. Don't know if that's in the cards, though.

It does get a bit samey but launched coasters at Universal feel just as much of a necessity than a thrill element due to limited space and also reducing sight lines.

As for the dueling coaster in the hub. If they were to add something like this:

I'm not sure if any dueling spinning coasters actually exist.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I don't think the general public really cares how similar coasters are. Several parks have hyper coasters and giga coasters right next to each other ands the GP is thrilled with both, does the GP complain that nuthouse and hippogriff are essentially the same coasters? I didn't look at HTTYD's coaster and thought hagrids. This seems more fluid, hagrids does more twist and turns, crossovers and other elements that will differentiate it from a lot of coasters. Another thing, Hagrids is more hidden and those seems to flow with the land.

Last edited:
I would rather have a dark ride/boat ride instead of a roller coaster. But if the only two options are roller coaster and show....I'm choosing roller coaster every single time.

In a perfect world it would be something like Mummy, an indoor combination dark ride/roller coaster with practical elements, fire, fog, dark ride elements, etc.

• A KUKA dark ride with many impressive sets and animatronics with little to no screens that takes you through Frankenstein's Castle.

• A potential successor to Jaws in the form of Creature of the Black Lagoon.

• And now potentially an indoor immersive coaster ala Mummy.

Sounds like a damn good lineup for an already great land.

• A KUKA dark ride with many impressive sets and animatronics with little to no screens that takes you through Frankenstein's Castle.

If that's what the land looks like (within a year or two of opening), it will be the best land in the park.

This sounds absolutely incredible. I cant believe there are some people complaining about a new coaster. I’m imagining some kind of outdoor coaster that has indoor scenes kind of like mystery mine at Dollywood. I just hope there will be a chance to meet all of the monsters in the land!

Reactions: HHN Maddux

Amen. Having built Dragon coaster in the model, its definitely not same experience as hagrids.

Launch coasters are really fun, ergo popular. Sounds like they parks are giving people what they want. Honestly there are many many different ways launch systems work, and maybe ways to incorporate other elements and thats even before theming and story come into play, they could build another 5 launch coasters and they would not be the same thing. Maybe clattering chain lift hills is not the diversity people need

Reactions: JMalez and Nico
Simply put, traditional lift hills just aren't cutting for parks like disney and universal anymore. As it was mentioned earlier, sightlines play a big factor into it as well as storytelling.. The way launches are being designed lately, they have became, overall, more economical and efficient than lifts could ever be. So, unless a lift can be incorporated like they are on space mountain and splash mountain. . . even everest I don't think we will be seeing too many more.

Launch coasters are really fun, ergo popular. Sounds like they parks are giving people what they want. Honestly there are many many different ways launch systems work, and maybe ways to incorporate other elements and thats even before theming and story come into play, they could build another 5 launch coasters and they would not be the same thing. Maybe clattering chain lift hills is not the diversity people need

I didn't say they weren't fun. And I didn't say Universal can't build another coaster incorporating that element.

Again, in these conversations, personal opinions are often pitted against the purported predilections of “the people," which I think is counterproductive. We're mega-fans, and our opinions don't need to be tied to what the general public/average guests think.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
Status
Not open for further replies.