Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 365 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Simply put, traditional lift hills just aren't cutting for parks like disney and universal anymore. As it was mentioned earlier, sightlines play a big factor into it as well as storytelling.. The way launches are being designed lately, they have became, overall, more economical and efficient than lifts could ever be. So, unless a lift can be incorporated like they are on space mountain and splash mountain. . . even everest I don't think we will be seeing too many more.

We already know the hub coaster isn't exactly going to be hidden. Wing would've been perfect.

The hub coaster seems to be as hidden as the second part of hulk and the majority of rockit. While it is there , it is not imposing on the area that it is. Perfect based on what? You wanting it or the grand scheme of it.? I have been on lots of type of coasters and honestly, I do not see a good bit of them cutting it for parks like Universal and Disney. Be it the height requirements or the overall appeal. I like wing coasters. but to want one cause there isn't one in fla isn't a good enough reason, in my opinion, to have one. I don't see this as being a "thrill" park but more so something that combines the immersion of the potter sections with innovative ride designs and things for the entire family to do together.

The hub coaster seems to be as hidden as the second part of hulk and the majority of rockit. While it is there , it is not imposing on the area that it is. Perfect based on what?

PHPyRjh.png

It's a lift hill based, not-on-track model that doesn't exist south of Tennessee with a high capacity that the GP really likes. They're supposedly not the most forceful but whatever, we just got what most prominent enthusiast channels consider a top 10, borderline top 5 coaster. :)

"Innovative ride systems" Believe me, I hope this park has a couple of all-timer dark rides.

I didn't say they weren't fun. And I didn't say Universal can't build another coaster incorporating that element.

Again, in these conversations, personal opinions are often pitted against the purported predilections of “the people," which I think is counterproductive. We're mega-fans, and our opinions don't need to be tied to what the general public/average guests think.
No, my opinion is irrelavent considering i gave you no indication about what rides i personally like.... even people unable to ride any coasters like my cohost on Eticket, who have no opinion on what they like can see the past two coasters were Launched and opened with universal praise from everyone that rode and high rider counts in relatively short periods of time despite a pandemic, its very productive talking about their popularity and approach to building to making them not like decades of similar types of coaster.

No, my opinion is irrelavent considering i gave you no indication about what rides i personally like.... even people unable to ride any coasters like my cohost on Eticket, who have no opinion on what they like can see the past two coasters were Launched and opened with universal praise from everyone that rode and high rider counts in relatively short periods of time despite a pandemic, its very productive talking about their popularity and approach to building to making them not like decades of similar types of coaster.

I think we’re kind of talking past each other a bit. Your original point that I was responding to is that launches are popular. I didn’t (and don’t) disagree.

My point, in an abstract sense, was that something’s popularity with the general public does not then mean that I am required to also love it on a personal level. Our (the royal “our,” not specifically the two of us) individual tastes need not depend on the tastes of the mass audience.

And it’s also a very nitpicky thing intended to be taken in the spirit of discussion; my initial post on this subject was meant to have a tone of “You know, it certainly wouldn’t hurt my enjoyment of Epic Universe if one of the multiple coasters going into this park maybe didn’t utilize launches,” not “IF EVERY COASTER IN THE PARK HAS A LAUNCH, IT’S ALL TERRIBLE!” I fully get why Universal has based -- and will continue to base -- many/most of their significant coasters around that approach.

At the end of the day, launched are more versatile and need less room than a lift hill coaster. All types of coasters have their place, but I'd understand why Universal wouldn't want to build one with a lift.

At the end of the day, launched are more versatile and need less room than a lift hill coaster. All types of coasters have their place, but I'd understand why Universal wouldn't want to build one with a lift.
All the IOA water rides have lift hills and the coasters have launches now that I think about it

Need less space than a lift hill you say. . .
ar1XVXZ.jpg

All the IOA water rides have lift hills and the coasters have launches now that I think about it
Technically two IOA coasters have lifts. . .

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Launched water ride confirmed.

Pterenodon has a lift.

Does Hippo count as a launched or just a tire driven lift?

For that matter thats all hulk is. lol

Reactions: Coolbfitz
View attachment 15844

It's a lift hill based, not-on-track model that doesn't exist south of Tennessee with a high capacity that the GP really likes. They're supposedly not the most forceful but whatever, we just got what most prominent enthusiast channels consider a top 10, borderline top 5 coaster. :)

"Innovative ride systems" Believe me, I hope this park has a couple of all-timer dark rides.

I've been on two wing coasters. The one at Dollywood is enjoyable and Gatekeeper at Cedar Point is boring. The coaster doesn't pack any punch such as a standard coaster. I wouldn't minded a floorless coaster but a standard seating should be a lot more fun than a wing.

^Buddy just feels the park should get a wing coaster because it isn't one in fla. At that moment I realized he had never been on one because there is nothing special about them. And as you said, gatekeeper is boring as hell lol. I feel the overall attraction matters more than they seating arrangement on the coaster, but that's me.

I've never found Gatekeeper boring and I think there's a lot of cool things you can do with a wing coaster you can't with other types such as show scenes and trench runs.

^Buddy just feels the park should get a wing coaster because it isn't one in fla. At that moment I realized he had never been on one because there is nothing special about them. And as you said, gatekeeper is boring as hell lol. I feel the overall attraction matters more than they seating arrangement on the coaster, but that's me.

Anything coaster-wise from Uni after Velocicoaster is either gravy or redundant (unless they're bringing FD over, and even that clashes with Manta). As in, because we got Veloci I would happily take a forceless coaster at EU as long as it provided something that nowhere else in FL did. And yeah, the GP really seems to like wings.

I've never found Gatekeeper boring and I think there's a lot of cool things you can do with a wing coaster you can't with other types such as show scenes and trench runs.

Gatekeeper is an odd duck with some liking it and some not so much. Wild Eagle was much better. I think that you really hit the nail on the head with show scenes and trench runs but for any coaster style. Velocicoaster would be fun but probably not as enjoyable with it cutting through and around the rockwork in the first half. Heck, Slink Dog's concept art showed going through trenches that would have been fun as well. Of course, one of my favorite styles in the inverted coasters by B&M and I still lament Dueling Dragons being gone even though Hagrids is pretty much one of my favorite coasters now.

In fact, I would love to see any of the big three coasters at Phantasialand be somewhat replicated. Black Mamba, Taron (which one could argue is represented by Velocicoaster), and Fly look awesome, are themed, pack a punch, and have awesome theming that sets them apart from other similar coasters.

In fact, I would love to see any of the big three coasters at Phantasialand be somewhat replicated. Black Mamba, Taron (which one could argue is represented by Velocicoaster), and Fly look awesome, are themed, pack a punch, and have awesome theming that sets them apart from other similar coasters.
If they're ever going to bring a F.L.Y. like ride to UOR and it's not used for an Iron Man ride in MSHI, they're doing it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.