Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 363 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a huge fan of theme park stage shows...BUT, I think three large stage shows (Dragons,Potter, & Monsters) would be a risky business strategy. I doubt that all three would play to sustaining crowds. So It's probably best that one goes away, and gets replaced by some type of ride. Otherwise, one of the three would probably end up being cut after a year or two. And we all know how the theme parks have become reluctant to pay for actors anyway.

HTTYD seems to be a success already. Potter is always A rated.

Monsters is the weak link here and even if it was a great show, it's inevitably going to be compared to Beetlejuice.

The rumour suggests it's going to be family friendly.

I was gonna bring up IOA, as it would essentially put them on a similar element. Depending on where it's scaled, it could be some kind of thrill coaster, leading towards the parallel of IOA's 2 thrill coaster and 2 family coasters to be apparent and brought in for Epic Universe.

Those four being:
Donkey Kong = the Hagrids level in theme-coaster. A coaster that prioritizes itself to completely immerse you into the feeling that they want to put guests in. Case in point: Hagrids has the two-different seating options and in Donkey Kong's case, it being the Minecarts gliding along "Fake" track.
Dragons = The Velocicoaster-Lite. A coaster that could be deceptively thrilling like Hagrids, with the exposed steel as seen in Velocicoaster. An attraction that is clear and visible to everyone in the area, and being an instant photo op from various angles.
Space-Dueler = The Dueling Dragons of Epic Universe. Two opposing coasters that duel alongside eachother, being the most thrilling coaster in the park (and could even be more thrilling if it has the free-spinning as seen from the Blue Fire test or Steel Taipan from DreamWorld Sydney.

That allows them to decide on what kind of coaster they'd want. Would they want another family coaster, or perhaps making something much more thrilling to put it to IOA's two thrill coasters/two family coasters.

If the coaster attraction is something like plussed up version of Gringotts then I would be perfectly happy with it. But I think a show should still be a considered down the road.
Maybe the show is the land. You're just trying to enjoy your day in a quaint Bavarian village, but all these bloody Monsters keep trying to attack you.
That allows them to decide on what kind of coaster they'd want. Would they want another family coaster, or perhaps making something much more thrilling to put it to IOA's two thrill coasters/two family coasters.
They have less space to work with than Velocicoaster, unless they heavily modify the layout of the land, so I'm inclined to think it's a family coaster.

Last edited:
Reactions: OrlLover
Whatever it is, it's not a 1:1 recreation of the movies. It's using the movies as some inspiration, but it will be its own thing.

Which is fine. I don't think anybody was expecting or hoping for a "book report" attraction (which would be hard, as not all the Monsters rumored to appear ever shared the screen in the same movie in the first place).

They should be leery of tinkering with the iconography too much, however; they shouldn't try to update so much that the characters cease to be recognizably the Universal versions of all these characters and instead feel generic. The Classic Monsters are iconic for a reason.

GoT: 1 Hodor
riker-smile-smile.gif

Monsters is the weak link here and even if it was a great show, it's inevitably going to be compared to Beetlejuice.

Unless it was going to be a rock musical (which I certainly hope wasn't the pitch), I'm not sure that it would have inevitably been compared to Graveyard Revue. I was hoping for something more along the lines of a special effects showcase.

I would prefer an "atmospheric" nighttime "not-scary scare zone", similar to what they did with the dark arts, some lighting, minor pyro, and actors.

I have every expectation that the land will be suitably atmospheric and eerie once night falls.

And whether indoors (perhaps as part of the E-ticket's queue) or outdoors, hopefully we get some of this vibe:
8479269129_034c291ffc_b.jpg

I truly don't understand the pushback against the minority of us who aren't inherently excited about a coaster just because it's a coaster. I never jab at you guys for your preferences.

Themed to an excavation/mine-cart-type set-up, no? We’re investigating a tomb being excavated (or on a movie set of a tomb being excavated, depending on how much one wants to take the “story” seriously). That's enough of a justification to me.

And also, if this rumored coaster is going to be themed on that level, then sure, I’d be very happy, but I would also still think the park could use another significant show.

Even as a hardline coaster enthusiast, I do feel that too many launched coasters are being planned. Would much rather have a B&M wing for the hub coaster foot variety’s sake.

Last edited:
I just think it's kind of amazing that this park might open with 11-12 rides, on top of however many shows/etc. there ends up being. Especially when you consider the variety of 3 high-tech dark rides, 4 coasters, several flat rides, a VR attraction etc. Universal is good about their secondary parks all opening with ride counts in the double digits, that's something that Epcot only reached relatively recently and that Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom are still lagging behind on. I'm excited!

So the Monsters coaster would most likely be a Mack, right? Mack mentioned that they had two more big projects with Universal in the works.
I have to wonder if he was counting the Splash Battle boat ride for Dragons in the two additional projects? That would still leave one left though.

Reactions: tielo
Status
Not open for further replies.