Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 375 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think the potential for negative experiences in an unfinished, very incomplete park still under heavy construction, area, being sounded on social media, would negate any positive aspects of such a dicey pre opening. It could end up being a disaster, and affect the real park opening negatively. I can't envision Comcast rolling the dice and taking the chance. Epic opening will create a massive social media response in this time and age. It doesn't need an artificial crazy idea pre opening to generate interest. This is really the first opening of a major theme park in the US since social media has exploded. Interest, and attendance, is basically guaranteed.....And Nintendo attractions will already have been thoroughly tested and vented through the Japan and Hollywood parks, so there shouldn't be issues that require a lot of testing time by the public or employees.

Last edited:
I would think the potential for negative experiences in an unfinished area, being sounded on social media, would negate any positive aspects of such a dicey pre opening. It could end up being a disaster, and affect the real park opening negatively. I can't envision Comcast rolling the dice and taking the chance. Epic opening will create a massive social media response in this time and age. It doesn't need an artificial crazy idea pre opening to generate interest. This is really the first opening of a major theme park in the US since social media has exploded. Interest, and attendance, is basically guaranteed.

How dare you disrespect Peppa like that!

I would think the potential for negative experiences in an unfinished, very incomplete park still under heavy construction, area, being sounded on social media, would negate any positive aspects of such a dicey pre opening. It could end up being a disaster, and affect the real park opening negatively. I can't envision Comcast rolling the dice and taking the chance. Epic opening will create a massive social media response in this time and age. It doesn't need an artificial crazy idea pre opening to generate interest. This is really the first opening of a major theme park in the US since social media has exploded. Interest, and attendance, is basically guaranteed.....And Nintendo attractions will already have been thoroughly tested and vented through the Japan and Hollywood parks, so there shouldn't be issues that require a lot of testing time by the public or employees.
Unless Mario Kart in Hollywood is a flop, this park will do bonkers.

I more worry for USF/IOA/VB attendance, but honestly, I’m not worried.

Just build the park lol

Reactions: Mad Dog
I wonder if anyone read the story. Anyway, the rumor was a special entrance would take guests directly to SNW, maybe with work walls lining the path, (ya know, like the entire front half of EPCOT right now but only for a very short distance since Nintendo is close to the park entrance).

Since the park’s lands are set up like Diagon Alley, you could spend all day within the land and not have any views of construction happening elsewhere.

And the original rumor was for hotel guests of some sort, so maybe could be some type of unique vacation package upgrade promoted as a special preview. They wouldn’t be just opening up an unfinished park to all guests.

Again, just reporting an older rumor with new construction info. Thought it might be fun since I saw some speculation popping up in a few places last week. It was intended to spark conversation though, because I always thought this rumor was weird, but interesting nonetheless!

Personally, I don’t see the concern. They will have built 2 SNWs by this point. You can’t see any other worlds from the inside of the land, so you’re not “surrounded” by construction and I’m 100% sure if they did this, a good chunk of the hub/entrance would be finished too. Universal could rewrite the playbook with a staggered opening for Epic Universe.

Reactions: Ahmanet
I wonder if anyone read the story. Anyway, the rumor was a special entrance would take guests directly to SNW, maybe with work walls lining the path, (ya know, like the entire front half of EPCOT right now but only for a very short distance since Nintendo is close to the park entrance).

Since the park’s lands are set up like Diagon Alley, you could spend all day within the land and not have any views of construction happening elsewhere.

And the original rumor was for hotel guests of some sort, so maybe could be some type of unique vacation package upgrade promoted as a special preview. They wouldn’t be just opening up an unfinished park to all guests.

Again, just reporting an older rumor with new construction info. Thought it might be fun since I saw some speculation popping up in a few places last week. It was intended to spark conversation though, because I always thought this rumor was weird, but interesting nonetheless!
If I could pull an RV onsite for a week with a golfcart I would pay plenty to stay in the unfinished park. I could even go out to "public road" and do a Candyman with "The Moose Out Front Should Have Told Ya" to wandering passer bys

• Haha
If SNW opens early, it would probably be in 2024 (DK in Japan will have to open first) so most of the park construction would be finished by then. Most of the work would be on landscaping and the interiors of buildings and such. So the construction wouldn't be that big of an obstacle.

An earlier opening for SNW used as a hotel add on incentive makes a lot of sense imo. That's the land that will be the most tested between Japan and Hollywood, so would need the least softs. But it gives them a way to monetize it. It also gives them an easier way to soft open the other lands one at a time without the need to open the whole park. "While you are here check out a special preview of Universal's Monster Land". That way, when they are ready to soft open the whole park, you shouldn't get situations where half the park is shut down at the same time.

Again, just reporting an older rumor with new construction info.
Did this come up before or after SNW was moved to EU? A preview for hotel guests at USF makes better sense in the grand scheme of things.

It was intended to spark conversation though, because I always thought this rumor was weird, but interesting nonetheless!
If you want to do the same thing with less effort, post an emoji and nothing more. We won't shut up about it for days. :lol:

Personally, I don’t see the concern. They will have built 2 SNWs by this point. You can’t see any other worlds from the inside of the land, so you’re not “surrounded” by construction and I’m 100% sure if they did this, a good chunk of the hub/entrance would be finished too. Universal could rewrite the playbook with a staggered opening for Epic Universe.
Detail and nuance is often missed when it comes to the general public's understanding of things. Doesn't mean it's not doable but to @Mad Dog's earlier point, there will be a ton of eyes on the opening for this park and for actual visitors, first impressions are everything.

If SNW was going to be at USF like originally intended, a special hotel package there makes a lot of sense. Since SNW is one of the cornerstones of EU rather than its own land within an existing park, opening it early/separate from EU will cause all sorts of confusion. Universal isn't going to want to try and tell guests that SNW is open, but EU isn't yet but SNW is part of EU. And if SNW is part of EU, why wouldn't the guest just wait until the entire park is open? How many guests would book a vacation, expecting to also experience EU as a whole since it's supposed to be part of a whole new park, and get upset when they get there and realize that's not the case?

Not addressing the topic of due diligence and vacation planning, that isn't going to stop a guest that feels hoodwinked from running to social media and telling all their followers. They might be in the wrong but for anyone coming across their posts it's a potential visitor lost. These things do happen already but Universal doesn't need to walk straight into it. Especially not for a new theme park.

I do want to point out that DK isn't open anywhere yet so it's good that for EU it'll be done early and have a lot of testing done for smooth operation come grand opening, even if they were to open the land early. Still though, since SNW is so far from the rest of the resort and much of the area would still be finishing construction (both in park and main public roads and areas in between) I don't think it's feasible now.

I think one of the reasons we're seeing SNW progress so fast is because it's also been the most done in terms of planning/props/whatnots ahead of time. Between track sitting onsite for a while and other things kept in warehouses elsewhere waiting to be installed, I'm sure Universal and other partners want to reclaim that space and get things moving for new things that need to come in. I'm assuming it'll be the first land of the park completed?

Reactions: Mad Dog
Don't open half finished parks/attractions. That's always ends up burning every project when its not working well and creates a spiral of unnecessary articles. If they want to open SNW early, make it a passholder exclusive or hotel guest exclusive and call it a sneak peak or test opening. Limiting the amount of people will be necessary.

If they want to open SNW early, make it a passholder exclusive or hotel guest exclusive and call it a sneak peak or test opening. Limiting the amount of people will be necessary.
That’s exactly what the rumor is.

Did this come up before or after SNW was moved to EU? A preview for hotel guests at USF makes better sense in the grand scheme of things.
Epic.

Do we know what kind of nighttime spectacular this park will have. I know it has the seating area for some kind of fountain show, but the concept art shows fireworks (I feel like all concept art nowadays shows fireworks everywhere) but Universal actually plan on using fireworks, like real shells and not just the fans they use with Potter in IOA?

I mean, how different would this be from previewing the HHN houses? i feel it could work as well as that did.
Well, HHN didn’t happen the year of the preview and the houses were added on as part of regular park operations. They weren’t completely isolated a mile down the road.

Reactions: Eckert
The lands are fully contained. That means that noise from a neighboring land (SNW doesn't have one but that is besides the point) won't leak into the SNW area. That is how these lands are intended so there is no reason not to open it sooner. I for one would love it to be able to visit a small section of a new theme park.

Status
Not open for further replies.