Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 374 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I saw Alicia and Andy spitballing on Twitter about it. I mean, maybe? I think Alicia said there's no contractual reason to have it open in 2024 vs 2025. Considering how late Universal gets some of these projects to the finished state I don't think even putting up a path of walls to the land would work, I doubt they'll have everything pathed early enough!

I saw Alicia and Andy spitballing on Twitter about it. I mean, maybe? I think Alicia said there's no contractual reason to have it open in 2024 vs 2025. Considering how late Universal gets some of these projects to the finished state I don't think even putting up a path of walls to the land would work, I doubt they'll have everything pathed early enough!
Strange thing is… this rumor predates the pandemic.

Makes sense to me, with it being the third Nintendo land to open worldwide. The other four parts of Epic are all brand new rides and land designs - a ton more work than another Nintendo land.

Maybe you enter a green pipe at your hotel and a box truck drives you to Nintendo land?

• Haha
Reactions: Tyr12 and JoeCamel
Clearly never been to DCA as a child.

EDIT: Personally I would love to be inside a park that's under construction, as long as it's safe.
Would totally ruin the immersion for me. I already don’t love construction when in current universal parks but one section being worked on compared to 3/4 of the park is an entirely different concept.

I don’t see this being that much more money either.

Makes me feel they’re gonna get Nintendo up QUICK, regardless of opening, and get the expansion slot ready in time for opening. I’d assume Pokémon, but who knows. SNW is their biggest draw, why open that early?

Trying to open Nintendo early sounds like an operational and marketing disaster waiting to happen. And it could really complicate the final construction, testing, and soft opening of the rest of the park.

Reactions: jrn14 and Coolbfitz
Trying to open Nintendo early sounds like an operational and marketing disaster waiting to happen. And it could really complicate the final construction, testing, and soft opening of the rest of the park.

“Universal Escape from Super Nintendo World” has a good ring to it.

Didn’t IOA have previews for months while they were putting finishing touches on parts. I got to do a TM preview with a friend but I could’ve sworn there were other previews as well, and there were some areas blocked off still. Granted that was still the entire park and was only a few months before grand opening, not a year.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Didn’t IOA have previews for months while they were putting finishing touches on parts. I got to do a TM preview with a friend but I could’ve sworn there were other previews as well, and there were some areas blocked off still. Granted that was still the entire park and was only a few months before grand opening, not a year.
There was about a 3 month preview period of IOA, but the exteriors were all finished. A few rides (Ripsaw, Poseidon) weren't open but the park was essentially complete. It was more or less to avoid the debacle of the USF more than early access.

It was more or less to avoid the debacle of the USF more than early access.
So true. I love that they tested the Spider-Man tech off site for years leading up to the install just so they wouldn’t have the same issues as USF at opening too!

Status
Not open for further replies.