Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 383 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A new theme park in Orlando after about two decades inherently is going to “change the game “ . I don’t believe anyone saying that is or was saying that because they believe the park is going to have a RoTR , Hagrid’s and Velocicoaster in every land or anything . A new park opening , and several new rides and attractions opening all at once is just you know again , very exciting.

And has been said time and time again what this park is, is not just what it will be on opening day. And it’s certainly not what it seems to be just looking at blueprints and rumored plans 3 years out .

Maybe, but if it consists of a bunch of "decent" rides then that would be a disappointment, especially in Potter's case when they had something so brilliant and, pardon the pun, "epic." We just have no idea how good this park will be. Part of the fun, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: Coolbfitz
It will be a boon to Universal, no doubt. But it's still best to keep our expectations HEAVILY guarded.
This doesn’t make sense lol.

“This will do very well for Universal, but we shouldn’t be excited”

There is certainly a thing, especially for us super fans, to overhype things. I don’t think that’s been the case here, at all. Universal is at the top of their game and opening and entire new resort area essentially, I’m excited!!! Not guards up!!!

- Has every piece of leaked concept art looked incredibly cool? ✅
- Has Universal been on an absolute hot streak with new additions over the past decade or so? ✅
- Are we getting a whole ass new theme park coming to Orlando? ✅
- Are we finally getting properties such as Nintendo, Universal Monsters, and HTTYD in a park? ✅

Sounds enough for me to be hype. Happy to change my opinion as things shift, but I'm beyond satisfied with what we're aware of three years out. :lol:

Last edited:
My 2 cents.

Do I expect every ride/attraction to be Gringotts/Rise of the Resistance level? No. Do I expect great theming? Yes. Universal learned a lot from building the Wizarding World. Universal is also thinking long term. You don't show all of your best cards right away. Epic Universe is planned to be built in multiple phases over many years. And Universal knows that to keep people coming back you have to hold off on dropping all of your "A" ticket attractions all at once.

2025 will be a huge draw upon opening. Then Universal can stagger the next best rides over the years to keep attendance up.

I can understand being somewhat tempered about the park's rumored lineup (I think HTTYD is a questionable property to build a whole land around, I wish there were a couple C/D-ticket dark rides, etc.), but that's entirely separate from the fact that Epic Universe is unquestionably going to be a great thing for the Orlando theme park scene.

Here are my expectations of the proposed hubs from the concept art

Central Hub - Lots of color and intricate details. Walkways and shops surrounding various pools and fountains. Lots to explore.

Nintendo Land - This is just a copy of Japan's. So not much surprise except for the unseen Donkey Kong expansion. But seeing it in person will be nice. I am sure nostalgia will hit when I hear the sounds pulled straight from the games.

Classic Monsters - This is probably my most anticipated area. The theming should be off the chart. A recreation of a small European village and castle. Stonework, a small rustic well in the center of the land, possibly a clock tower, cobblestones. And if Universal goes all out, sounds of crows along the roof tops, wolves howling in the distance, the ever present sound of wind blowing through the village, and shutters swinging open and closed. Fog machines at night for bonus points. And that doesn't even cover the rides.

Harry Potter - Mixed feelings about this land. But, Universal hasn't failed on a Harry Potter land yet so I will give them the benefit of the doubt. Just hope that it isn't 100% Fantastic Beasts.

HTTYD - Never watched the movies, so there's that. But from what I have seen in trailers and clips, the theming of this should be an easy win.

Overall - Everything will have that new park smell. So, even if I am not interested in the rides or Ip's, a brand new park is going to be Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory for me no matter what. Wide eyed and mouth agape.

I think this is the strongest theme park in awhile, the only thing that is missing is maybe 4-5 more well themed flat rides and it would be a perfect park. That's the weakness of the park is the lack of flats in every area to build and add capacity and more things to do even if not as WOW as coaster/darkride.

I think this is the strongest theme park in awhile, the only thing that is missing is maybe 4-5 more well themed flat rides and it would be a perfect park. That's the weakness of the park is the lack of flats in every area to build and add capacity and more things to do even if not as WOW as coaster/darkride.
An issue with most new parks and lands imo. Add one ride and a couple places to shop/eat.

I think Epic Universe's opening day ride line-up sounds better than most parks' opening day ride line-ups; 12 rides total (which is already more than DHS and DAK even today), one or two distinct E-tickets in each land, two full theater shows, even HTTYD having multiple flat rides and Nintendo having a high-capacity omnimover. Nintendo and Monsters are fairly timeless ideas, the hub will likely be beautiful, and HTTYD is a land about vikings and dragons so it'll probably be popular even as the movies age. Wizarding World is always popular even if the Paris concept is a bit odd from the outset. That's honestly the land I'm least interested in so far.

Reactions: Nico
My 2 cents.

Do I expect every ride/attraction to be Gringotts/Rise of the Resistance level? No. Do I expect great theming? Yes. Universal learned a lot from building the Wizarding World. Universal is also thinking long term. You don't show all of your best cards right away. Epic Universe is planned to be built in multiple phases over many years. And Universal knows that to keep people coming back you have to hold off on dropping all of your "A" ticket attractions all at once.

2025 will be a huge draw upon opening. Then Universal can stagger the next best rides over the years to keep attendance up.

I just want one that’s Rise level. I have no doubt the theming will be incredible! It’s just that Uni has given us a few instances of a wonderful themed land with a “decent to average” headlining dark ride.

I just want one that’s Rise level. I have no doubt the theming will be incredible! It’s just that Uni has given us a few instances of a wonderful themed land with a “decent to average” headlining dark ride.
If we get a ride that has 4 dimensional movement through scenes like a normal dark ride, as well as mixed media real elevators, and animatronics blended with magic effects, it sounds like Rise-level to me. Especially if the entry through fireplaces and the massive atrium rumors are true.

Not sure why anyone thinks that's not sounding... epic.

If we get a ride that has 4 dimensional movement through scenes like a normal dark ride, as well as mixed media real elevators, and animatronics blended with magic effects, it sounds like Rise-level to me. Especially if the entry through fireplaces and the massive atrium rumors are true.

Completely agree. It's a big if, though. But the mystery is part of the fun I suppose.

I don’t get the negativity around here lol

I guess my problem is though I love both Spiderman and Transformers they too me are as alike as Dumbo and the Flying Carpets of Aladdin. I think my fear is that the new ride will just be Spiderman but with Harry Potter... I hope that isn't the case is all.

Reactions: SailwiththeTide
I guess my problem is though I love both Spiderman and Transformers they too me are as alike as Dumbo and the Flying Carpets of Aladdin. I think my fear is that the new ride will just be Spiderman but with Harry Potter... I hope that isn't the case is all.

Hopefully not but it sounds like it would be way more like JWA if that's the route they go?

Reactions: DodgsonHere
Epic, except for Nintendo, will be a park filled with rides and attractions that don't exist anywhere else. That's a big plus....Calling out Shanghai, Beijing and Hong Kong that are filled with clones, albeit with some different names.

Status
Not open for further replies.