Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 384 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been ages since last time I entered to this forum and I would ask if new concept art for UEU and its rides has been leaked. I have seen some art concerning a stunt show with a werewolf. Anything else?

It has been ages since last time I entered to this forum and I would ask if new concept art for UEU and its rides has been leaked. I have seen some art concerning a stunt show with a werewolf. Anything else?
The concept you saw is scrapped as a coaster is rumored for it's location.
I guess we can see new concept art after the opening in 2025.

After seeing the new Fantastic Beasts, it seems Paris will only have featured in 1 out of the 3 movies so far. I don’t see why they’d spend more time there in future movies either. That makes it a fairly odd choice for part of the land, no?

They always knew it was only going to be in one film.

Each FB movie was intended (originally) to have a new Wizarding locale, and the posters in Globus Mundi travel agency hinted at that (along with a tweet from JK promising Brazil next.) But as the second film failed to capture audiences, WB hired another screenwriter and asked to double down on Dumbledore, so Newt takes a backseat in his own series, and the new fantastical locales are replaced with familiar Hogwarts Castle.

I’ve been thinking about some of the reporting @Alicia has done lately. Specifically movement around the broomsticks ride and the replacement for Monsters show. A new ride in monsters serves a lot of purposes, but could it be an indication that they lost a ride in Potter and needed an additional one to open to meet their intended goal.

Reactions: Suchomimus
They always knew it was only going to be in one film.

Each FB movie was intended (originally) to have a new Wizarding locale, and the posters in Globus Mundi travel agency hinted at that (along with a tweet from JK promising Brazil next.) But as the second film failed to capture audiences, WB hired another screenwriter and asked to double down on Dumbledore, so Newt takes a backseat in his own series, and the new fantastical locales are replaced with familiar Hogwarts Castle.

Woof.

Reactions: Alicia
I’ve been thinking about some of the reporting @Alicia has done lately. Specifically movement around the broomsticks ride and the replacement for Monsters show. A new ride in monsters serves a lot of purposes, but could it be an indication that they lost a ride in Potter and needed an additional one to open to meet their intended goal.
While I think that may be part of it, another part may be that someone felt that families seeing a fun family coaster visible from the entrance to that area may help get those to enter that may otherwise written the whole land all off as not family friendly and skipped it.

Also, all of Universal is on a coaster kick right now! (Better a coaster now, than another abandoned theater in a few years.)

While I think that may be part of it, another part may be that someone felt that families seeing a fun family coaster visible from the entrance to that area may help get those to enter that may otherwise written the whole land all off as not family friendly and skipped it.

Also, all of Universal is on a coaster kick right now! (Better a coaster now, than another abandoned theater in a few years.)

This is a great point. A family friendly weenie. I know this land has gone through some changes over the years. Do we know if some version of play/climbing structure has remained in development? I kind of remember something about a fallen tree area at some point.

This is a great point. A family friendly weenie. I know this land has gone through some changes over the years. Do we know if some version of play/climbing structure has remained in development? I kind of remember something about a fallen tree area at some point.
I don't believe that remained. That was still blue sky when the land was much darker, and the main ride looked more like Dracula's Castle. Now it's gone in a more... um... steam punk direction.

That may just be the ride vehicle designs for the main ride, to fit within a Dr Frankenstein’s laboratory feel, so may not translate to other areas of the land. But I still don’t see the land being as dark as the initial concepts were going for.

*Waiting (im)patiently for Universal to get on a dark ride/boat ride kick!*

I don't believe that remained. That was still blue sky when the land was much darker, and the main ride looked more like Dracula's Castle. Now it's gone in a more... um... steam punk direction.
ughh... steam punk.... my least favorite "style"
Wait wait wait… can I interest you in GOTHIC steam punk?
That may just be the ride vehicle designs for the main ride, to fit within a Dr Frankenstein’s laboratory feel, so may not translate to other areas of the land. But I still don’t see the land being as dark as the initial concepts were going for.

I hope they don't go too far in this direction. Aesthetically, I want to feel like I'm stepping into the old movies, not a fantastical reinvention.

Well, the options for ride vehicles is kind of limited. Dracula and Frankenstein being the easiest to fit. I could easily see a gothic carriage (no roof of course), horses would have to be invisible. Sort of like the carriages from Harry Potter 5 but more decrepit. Outside of those two you get dangerously close to the doom buggies from Haunted Mansion.

I have still doubts about HTTYD. Nintendo, Potter and Monsters are timeless IP's but these moves are nowadays no longer relevant. If I was Unive I had chosen another IO. IE I can't believe they have not bet for Pokémon, a multi-million blockbuster of videogames and characters known in all the world for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.