Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 398 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOTR fits into EU or IOA better than USF... but USF needs something first - I doubt we see Universal tackle an IOA project before USF. Unless Universal pulls a 2012-2016 construction period and we see several projects happening at both parks simultaneously?
I agree.
I am not entirely sold on a Zelda land. While I think it would be popular because of name recognition alone I don't think there is a lot of substance Zelda could add to a land by itself. For one, what version of Zelda (aesthetically) do you go with? Classic LttP, Ocarina/Majora, Wind Waker, BotW? What kind of rides would work to express "Zelda". A roller coaster seems out of place, a dark ride could work but what would it be centered on? Wind Waker boat ride maybe? Zelda is a tougher nut to crack than Mario is. Or even a Pokemon land would be.
Oh my god this what I’ve been feeling for awhile now but it definitely seems like a unpopular opinion.

Why doesn’t Uni utilize some of its old concepts for IOA when it initially was being planned ?

Reactions: alias8703 and Loki
LOTR would seem to work best in EU. But I also think it could work on a smaller scale in USF. Call it Hobbit’s Campus with one small dark ride, a restaurant, several shops, and an outdoor Gandalf magic show.

I think the hub has a Studio Ghibli style.
It's got the colorful and whimsical in the larger buildings but a more almost English cottage style in the smaller buildings. Nature and waterfalls are prominently in the artwork and meld it together in an almost eastern fairy tail setting.
View attachment 16709
My read from the concept art and your videos is a very Bioshock: Infinite vibe

View attachment 16710

Both of these styles for sure, in different sections.

We gotta remember, the hub is so big it has neighborhoods, each with its own style. All are timeless, but only one is outer space. One is air. One is fire. Etc. And I’m really intrigued by how well this’ll all match concept art or not. Since so far it’s all matching the site plans and all.

Both of these styles for sure, in different sections.

We gotta remember, the hub is so big it has neighborhoods, each with its own style. All are timeless, but only one is outer space. One is air. One is fire. Etc. And I’m really intrigued by how well this’ll all match concept art or not. Since so far it’s all matching the site plans and all.
World Air, World Fire, World Water

I hope not all of those 20 acres go to LOTR.

I’m inclined to agree with you - but that’s only because I don’t care about the franchise. If they did this (even with an expansion plot for that specific land), I really don’t see them giving LOTR the Potter or Nintendo treatment across the resort.

Expansion Plots in Theory:
- 20 acres for LOTR.
- 7 for Pokémon
-That still leaves 3 expansions in GO lands. (Although I’m not sure where we are with the VR Potter ride currently.)
-I think there is a small space up towards Nintendo near the entrance as well.

All that being said, damn what a lineup if it all comes to fruition.

Status
Not open for further replies.