Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 466 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug Bowser recently had a Q&A with the Associated Press about Nintendo's future in theme parks. Figure a couple things he says are interesting and worth sharing here.

Link to Article

Q: What other characters besides the Mario Bros. would you like to develop new films or attractions around? Full disclosure, I’ve got a Donkey Kong tattoo, I’d be thrilled with a Donkey Kong movie for example.

A: That really is a call for the creative groups here at Universal Studios and of course, Nintendo. If you think about park experiences, we have announced that at the Universal Studios in Osaka that will be expanding that land to include Donkey Kong. There’s a whole new Donkey Kong area being built out with its primary feature being a roller coaster. You can just imagine what a Donkey Kong roller coaster might be like! We have announced that we are working on other video projects but we’re not at the point where we want to talk about what these characters are. I could share my favorites, but that probably wouldn’t be appropriate. If you’ve noticed with the new Super Mario Bros. movie, Seth Rogen does play Donkey Kong. So Donkey Kong is a part of the movie. So look forward to that!

Q: Is there any date for the Nintendo attractions at Universal Studios in Orlando and Singapore? Will they be bigger, different?

A: No date on Singapore. Orlando is a couple years in the future. You’ll have to wait and see. You can assume, if you look at Orlando, it’s got a lot of land, so it’s likely a bigger footprint.

Recently I was having a conversation about all the empty theaters at Universal and it made me think about how one of my biggest theme park regrets was not attending Pandemonium Cartoon Circus back in '99, which had me thinking; we seem to be certain what attractions will open with the park, we have some decent rumors about what may be among the first additions (Team Creature!), but what do we think will be the first experiences to close at Epic Universe? I feel like most parks have at least something that doesn't make it to Year 2, Animal Kingdom and IOA opening so soon after each other and both having boat transport that were quickly docked comes to mind, so what do we think the completest should prioritize come 2025?

Recently I was having a conversation about all the empty theaters at Universal and it made me think about how one of my biggest theme park regrets was not attending Pandemonium Cartoon Circus back in '99, which had me thinking; we seem to be certain what attractions will open with the park, we have some decent rumors about what may be among the first additions (Team Creature!), but what do we think will be the first experiences to close at Epic Universe? I feel like most parks have at least something that doesn't make it to Year 2, Animal Kingdom and IOA opening so soon after each other and both having boat transport that were quickly docked comes to mind, so what do we think the completest should prioritize come 2025?
Hard to tell when the park hasn’t opened yet. Both theater shows are sure to be hits, so I would think they would stay for a while, maybe only getting a few alterations. The only situation I can see something not making it to year 2 is if there are tech issues with a minor attraction and it’s more cost effective to close it than to try and fix it.

Potter theater, carousel, and fountain show are the ones that stick out to me. Potter show since it’s the only show we haven’t seen yet that is coming. Carousel because the ride system is ambitious. Fountain show could be reworked and changed based on guest feedback.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Potter theater, carousel, and fountain show are the ones that stick out to me. Potter show since it’s the only show we haven’t seen yet that is coming. Carousel because the ride system is ambitious. Fountain show could be reworked and changed based on guest feedback.
What's ambitious about the carousel? Isn't it going to be a basic two story model?

We will see what happens, but I have a feeling the Sky Fly might use a virtual line with its very limited capacity

Reactions: graspthesun
I doubt they will remove the Potter show (at most rework scenes). Case in point, the wand experience is still in place in both parks (and I wouldn't doubt they would add a similar experience in Epic). While it doesn't take up as much room as a stage show it's still quite popular.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Status
Not open for further replies.