Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 482 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is/was definitely my biggest criticism for that area because it seems like such a Universal solution.

Let’s plop down a coaster and hopefully that solves some issues since it’s cheaper then trying to develop a whole new concept.

However they have proven they can do really good themed coasters so I’m not as worried about it anymore. Now we need them to build that Creatures boat ride and the land will be complete in my eyes.
This is why I appreciate trees and landscaping. They really help control atmosphere and your eye line.

They got rid of the coaster over dirt eyesore that was Dragon Challenge and replaced it with Hagrid and VelociCoaster, the latter being especially significant since it shows modern Universal Creative cares enough to make even a tall coaster like that not appear intrusive which blows even ME away. I trust them with this though I do wish the town area was a bit bigger.

They got rid of the coaster over dirt eyesore that was Dragon Challenge and replaced it with Hagrid and VelociCoaster, the latter being especially significant since it shows modern Universal Creative cares enough to make even a tall coaster like that not appear intrusive which blows even ME away. I trust them with this though I do wish the town area was a bit bigger.
Eyesore?
1683751451183.jpeg

Given that they took out all that bad-arse medieval theming, I can at least understand this somewhat. Big reason I'm excited about Ministry is that it's the first Wizarding World land that isn't replacing something that I loved!
Despite how much I love Diagon Alley as a land, Jaws > Gringotts looking back.
Barack Obama Mic Drop GIF

I don't think the original central plaza plans would have added much to the village feel either
I envisioned it having a European town square vibe, and I believe some additional facades were rumored for that area. Plus the exterior of the theater would have been over there, too.

I think it would have fleshed out the town nicely.

Hagrid’s is perfect example of a coaster that blends into its surroundings.
In fairness, it's easier to blend something into its surroundings when it's mostly located away from the main pathways and you have to make an effort to go look at it if you really want to see much of it from outside of the queue.

I understand the concerns, but the coaster isn't very tall and there's clearly some theming going into it. There's most likely going to be trees and rockwork surrounding the coaster. It won't just be an empty field.
61f3c62b-32ad-416b-b7a9-5a5e9a07b02f_text.gif

Well, this has an enclosed launch so it has a little more theming, but I don't think it'll have much more than that other than trees and landscaping. The point was that nobody really complains about that ride because it looks nice.
I meant the ride being like Hippogriff not landscaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.