Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 483 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How would everyone rank anticipation to see the lands just in terms of visuals....theming, landscaping, architecture, etc?

My list:

1. The Hub
2. Berk
3. Wizarding World
4. Monsters
5. Nintendo World

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
1. Monsters
2. The Hub
3. Wizarding World
4. Nintendo World
5. Berk

I'm really looking forward to the Monsters area.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
How would everyone rank anticipation to see the lands just in terms of visuals....theming, landscaping, architecture, etc?

My list:

1. The Hub
2. Berk
3. Wizarding World
4. Monsters
5. Nintendo World

Purely in terms of aesthetics?

1. The hub.
2. Berk
3. Wizarding World
4. Monsters*
5. Super Nintendo World**

* Monsters should be what I'm most excited for, but I have reservations about what the village will look like, how various buildings will be hidden, and how the coaster will be integrated. There's still a chance it ends up being my favorite land in terms of the look and design choices. It remains my most-anticipated land overall.

** Last by default, only because we know exactly what it's going to look like already. There's nothing to discover or be surprised by (except the Donkey Kong area... and we'll have seen that in Japan by the time EU opens, too). It looks great, however.

I'm still trying to get over the coaster placement in Monsters....please tell me everything will be OK. o_O

I know that Monsters will look fantastic when all is said and done but I still wish it would have had more of a village feel...hence my disdain for the coaster location.
WHat do you mean? The village I'm from has a coaster right in the corner of it like this one. It's as authentic as it can get from my view point. . . :D

Purely in terms of aesthetics?

1. The hub.
2. Berk
3. Wizarding World
4. Monsters*
5. Super Nintendo World**

* Monsters should be what I'm most excited for, but I have reservations about what the village will look like, how various buildings will be hidden, and how the coaster will be integrated. There's still a chance it ends up being my favorite land in terms of the look and design choices. It remains my most-anticipated land overall.

** Last by default, only because we know exactly what it's going to look like already. There's nothing to discover or be surprised by (except the Donkey Kong area... and we'll have seen that in Japan by the time EU opens, too). It looks great, however.
You summed up my thoughts exactly.

Reactions: belloq87
I'm guessing Universal is having Elfman revamp and redo his theme for Dark Universe...

I think this is technically what Elfman wrote:

There's really not much to it, so while it's possible that he could expand on that, I'd be more leaning towards him composing things that are completely fresh.

We also don't know what his directives from Universal might be. Long, atmospheric area loops? The ride score? Both?

Is there any speculation on whether any of these attractions will have Express? We typically stay at Cabana Bay, but would upgrade to the higher resort category if it would be useful at Epic as well.

Is there any speculation on whether any of these attractions will have Express? We typically stay at Cabana Bay, but would upgrade to the higher resort category if it would be useful at Epic as well.

Nothing has really come out about this yet, but I think Express will be available for most attractions from day 1.

I think the best move would be to give Grand Helios guests access to express. Not sure if that should come at the expense of Royal Pacific or in addition to the current resorts. With the expanded capacity across the resort, it could go either way.

Hello guys, long time no post here,

The Universal Monsters land is the one I‘m looking forward to the most, I’m trying to analyze all the constructions photos out there and here’s what I think (and hope) Universal will do to hide the sidelines of the massive show building behind the castle (See pictures attached).

To the right side : I don’t think there’s going to be any hills or rockwork similar to what they are doing at the base of the windmill as we would’ve seen some structures already, imo they are going to create a small berm that will go as high as the limit I draw on picture n°2 (the dark grey element is probably a protection to prevent the dirt from coming into direct contact with the wall).

Right and left side : Then they will quickly fill in these areas (see my sketch attached) with trees that are tall and mature enough to hide the massive building, I trust them with this step after seeing the amazing job they did with Hagrid.

We now enter the Wish List area : I wish they would paint part of the show building in a ”go away green” color, it would work great as a background for the forested areas, as a plus it would be nice to add a 2D tree line at the top of these walls to better blend in.
Finaly a 2D painting of a “far in the distance“ mountains range à la “Skull Island, reign of Kong“ would be a great way to add dept to the whole land while covering the top part of the building,

What do you guys think of this ? Does it seems a plausible analysis/prediction ?

Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• 4C1B4907-A1C6-4DF4-A873-49245F0E8B36.jpeg
    4C1B4907-A1C6-4DF4-A873-49245F0E8B36.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 50
  • B89BC1EF-0F4A-4300-8918-919C22C7AFB0.jpeg
    B89BC1EF-0F4A-4300-8918-919C22C7AFB0.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
Status
Not open for further replies.