Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 71 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was shaped like a Pokecenter then it would make sense. No way they are tossing a random restaurant as the Pokémon intro.

So two questions about the general speculation on Mario bands:
-Are they purchased or given like taputapu
-do we expect other Mario characters to have themed bands? (Yoshi or peach primarily)

So two questions about the general speculation on Mario bands:
-Are they purchased or given like taputapu
-do we expect other Mario characters to have themed bands? (Yoshi or peach primarily)
The way Williams described it in the interview made it sound to me like they were free, and that they would all have the red Mario "M" logo on them. But, he may not know all the details and could just be passing along what was shown to him at a meeting one day. There could be more styles, they could charge money for it, there could be more to it than he said. Until there's an official announcement in a press release we won't know for sure.

Full quote related to the wristband:

We are going to open up next spring. It’s a whole new separate area of the park. It’s got food. It’s got merchandise. The first phase will have two rides, Super Mario Kart Ride and as well as Yoshi’s Adventures. Yoshi is one of the other Nintendo characters. There will be two rides. The whole land is interactive. And you are going to have a wristband that’s got the big red Mario symbol on it.

By the way, the wristband is super cool. It’s all magnetic. You slap it at your wrist and it just snaps on and it won’t come off. And that allows you to, on an interactive basis throughout the entire land which is built on three different levels. It’s got all the popular Bowser’s deal and Princess Peach’s Castle and all the different key elements. And you will be able to go up and keep score and play with the various games and that also translates to a score keeping capability, if you choose to do so within the rides and it actually interfaces back with your game console. So you can build on it and come back again and really got everything going for it.

Reactions: Robert Bliss
My thing is if they have amibo ish support do they expect people to bring their switch into the park?
Well he specifically said you can "build on it and come back" so I assume that means you connect to your console at home between vacations.

My thing is if they have amibo ish support do they expect people to bring their switch into the park?

I'd assume there will be an app on Nintendo Switch that's compatible either docked or in Handheld mode, with the Switch's IR Sensor/RFID on the Joycons (and I am going to assume, we'll get a good look to how the app works once Osaka opens, as I imagine they'll try to incorporate international tourists).

I highly doubt they'll lock it to one form of the Switch, and I doubt Universal will be able to stop people from taking out their Switches into the parks while in SNW.

I'd assume there will be an app on Nintendo Switch that's compatible either docked or in Handheld mode, with the Switch's IR Sensor/RFID on the Joycons.

I highly doubt they'll lock it to one form of the Switch, and I doubt Universal will be able to stop people from taking out their Switches into the parks while in SNW.
Thing is, I don't think they're making the land compatible with your console. They're making the wristband able to talk to your console.

Sure, you can take a Switch into the parks. My friend does it so he has something to do while waiting in line. But that's not the point here.

To me, it seems like Tom's saying, you can take the wristband home, and keep tabs of your scores and ranks from the land on your console. That's all I am getting from it. Like a trophy case at your home. Admire your achievements. Then come back to the parks with your wristband "and build on it".

Also is the common belief that Dracula’s castle will involve scenes for every major UCM? Even if Frankenstein and a possible (lets say CFTBL) expánsion specify on individual UCMs?

Isn’t the land between the hotel and monsters earmarked for an expansion?
Yup.

Let’s just say I wouldn’t be surprised to see a certain creature from a certain lagoon left out of the Monsters ride.

Or, there’s some overlap. I don’t think it’ll be that big a deal to see a monster in the main ride also they get their own attraction later.

Yup.

Let’s just say I wouldn’t be surprised to see a certain creature from a certain lagoon left out of the Monsters ride.

Or, there’s some overlap. I don’t think it’ll be that big a deal to see a monster in the main ride also they get their own attraction later.
Same here on the overlay. I assume the Frankenstein monsters will have overlay, as will the show. (Now we just wait and pray that Phantom and Hunchback make it into the ride)

Yup.

I feel like the creature wouldn't make a ton of sense in Dracula's castle so I can live with this. Hoping it gets its own ride.

I Still expect the world to be divided into Frankenstein and Dracula land, no matter who shows up in dracula’s castle though. Each of the two land levels has a distinctive structure/attraction (Frankenstein’s windmill and Dracula’s castle) and both levels being one land (the lower of which you seemingly wouldn’t be able to see much from the upper of at all) doesn’t seem likely to me.

As of now, I think we're expecting the Kuka arm style Monsters Ride in Dracula's Castle, a Frankenstein type walk through attraction, and whatever is in that theatre, right?

What if the games you play in Super Mario World at EU will be incorporated in a new Super Mario 3D World game? When you bought the Mario Wristband you could transfer your progress to your game and progress in your game could unlock special moments in EU.
SI_WiiU_SuperMario3DWorld_image1600w.jpg

Any chance that screen bat patent from a while ago is for some Mario mini game for marioband points? Maybe Mario party quick games?

Status
Not open for further replies.