Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are too many outside Universal Potter attractions coming to the point, I think truly it should not go to Epic Universe....the exclusivity is lacking.

With the VR thing in New York, this in UK which is separate from the HP studio tour, and the HP Studio Tour In Japan....it seems like too much Potter for a good ROI for Universal.
The amount of people coming from Japan to Orlando is negligible. And none of these attractions are huge theme parks. Potter still makes a hilarious amount of money for the resort, and until that changes they’ll push forward with attractions for it

I've mentioned this before, but due to the nature of the contract for the theme park rights, if I were Universal, I'd also be opening up new Potter attractions every couple years too. Gotta do whatever makes the rights holders happy, when the rights holders hold all the cards.

I've mentioned this before, but due to the nature of the contract for the theme park rights, if I were Universal, I'd also be opening up new Potter attractions every couple years too. Gotta do whatever makes the rights holders happy, when the rights holders hold all the cards.
When Hogsmeade and Diagon are far and away the most crowded parts of the parks still (though Velocicoaster gave Diagon a run for its money), it doesn't make sense not to keep going with it.

When it comes to HTTYD, I know it *won't* happen, but I think they should replace the land with the Beijing Jurassic World section. Yes, yes, I know we just opened a JW ride in IOA. But seeing the reception for the dinos, I think it's a no brainer. Throw in some Camp Cretaceous stuff, maybe the Spino AA show rethemed to the Indominus, and I think you have something that differentiates itself enough from the IOA land, and would be a real winner.

If Universal keeps making Potter attractions as good as they are, I definitely do not think these offerings are going to drastically change their business and ROI. The Universal park experiences are just vastly different, maybe minus the VR ride now, plus there are things other than Potter at the resort. Espeically when Epic opens, I don’t think a large majority will be there solely for Potter and won’t bother with anything else.

Losing HTTYD would disappoint me sooo much however, it’s lowkey the one I’m most intrigued about as I feel that land could be just breathtaking.

Losing Dragons would be a surprising move, but....a sensible one? Do not get me wrong, I want Dragons represented at the parks. I really do. But, it suffers from while being the most well rounded...it's still the largest land in the park at day one. There's sense to be had, but I'll be honest of being a tiny bit dissapointed to see it not happening for now.

Losing Dragons would be a surprising move, but....a sensible one? Do not get me wrong, I want Dragons represented at the parks. I really do. But, it suffers from while being the most well rounded...it's still the largest land in the park at day one. There's sense to be had, but I'll be honest of being a tiny bit dissapointed to see it not happening for now.
The sheer size alone is what intrigued me, reallyyyy hope that doesn’t happen.

There are too many outside Universal Potter attractions coming to the point, I think truly it should not go to Epic Universe....the exclusivity is lacking.

With the VR thing in New York, this in UK which is separate from the HP studio tour, and the HP Studio Tour In Japan....it seems like too much Potter for a good ROI for Universal.

It’s a limited time trail experience and Universal should reconsider. Ok sure yeah whatever.

If HTTYD has had its E-ticket cut (the show), then by all means, replace the land with something else. I honestly don't think Hagrid-lite and two (unique for Orlando, granted) flat rides are enough to do justice to the concept if it's meant to sustain an entire land by itself.

When it comes to HTTYD, I know it *won't* happen, but I think they should replace the land with the Beijing Jurassic World section. Yes, yes, I know we just opened a JW ride in IOA. But seeing the reception for the dinos, I think it's a no brainer. Throw in some Camp Cretaceous stuff, maybe the Spino AA show rethemed to the Indominus, and I think you have something that differentiates itself enough from the IOA land, and would be a real winner.

I never say no to more dinosaur stuff, but I'm reserving judgment on Beijing's JW land until we actually see the rides.

I'd prefer they actually try to crack a for-real Gyrosphere ride and implement that in a riff on the old Jeep ride plans from IOA. With additional AA dino exhibits scattered throughout the land.

-
I never say no to more dinosaur stuff, but I'm reserving judgment on Beijing's JW land until we actually see the rides.

I'd prefer they actually try to crack a for-real Gyrosphere ride and implement that in a riff on the old Jeep ride plans from IOA. With additional AA dino exhibits scattered throughout the land.
I mean, the main Jurassic World ride basically is the Jeep Ride though.

After seeing people going ape for the new Jurassic stuff at IoA, it's a no brainer.

EDIT:

Since this is a Wish List thread, here's what I'd do:
-Bring in most of what we see in Beijing's land. IE: Jurassic World Adventure, Camp Jurassic (rethemed to Camp Cretaceous), Powered Coaster, Hammonds, etc.
-Bring over the Japan Spinosaur show, but retheme it to be the Indominus or the Rex.
-Meld the smaller HTTYD attractions into the JW theme. Theme the Skyfly to Pteradons, and the Splash battle into "Hadrosaur Cove Soakers".
-Build a "Gentle Giants Petting Zoo". Think Raptor Encounter but for Trikes and Steggos.

Last edited:
The only way a gyrosphere ride could really work while maintaining any sort of decent capacity is either using four-person RVs (at which point the size of the RV is untenable), doing 2-person RVs on an omnimover-style system (think Spaceship Earth) or 2-person simulator pods. Either tracked option loses potential interactivity while the simulator (in my mind, the most efficient option) is a simulator.

I really think the ride mechanics are the easier part of the ride, especially if it uses DisneySea’s 2K League wet/dry tech to simulate rolling while it’s actually simply on a gimbal. The challenge is that the gyrosphere, because of the shape, needs to be roughly 7-8ft in radius to fit two (average) people. Large people, it’s closer to 8ft. You can easily fit 4 people in a box that size, or 6 if you cram them. The capacity is the major issue.

Hot take, if we’re gonna get more JW, frankly, tear down Kong post epic and bring JW Adventure there if the ride is good. Re-do the river adventure, then you got 3 JW E-tickets, huge draw for IOA.

After Velocicoaster I don’t really need an entire other Jurassic land elsewhere since they’ve already blended the Jurassic’s together. I only imagine HTTYD is replaced by Trolls, KFP, or maybe Shrek. I don’t see them abandoning Dreamworks.

My biggest issue with Epic Universe is do they have the ability and the need for an entire new park? As much as I would love a third park (not including VB) will they be stretched too thin? Universal needs a lot of attention imho in the coming years. Many of the rides are getting old and what if they loose Simpson's and Super hero area due to Disney now owning the rights. Also areas like near E.T., Blue Man Group and Poseidon Adventure needs replacing. Not including rides that are duds like F&F, Shrek. Universal needs the next big thrill ride and many others.

My biggest issue with Epic Universe is do they have the ability and the need for an entire new park? As much as I would love a third park (not including VB) will they be stretched too thin? Universal needs a lot of attention imho in the coming years. Many of the rides are getting old and what if they loose Simpson's and Super hero area due to Disney now owning the rights. Also areas like near E.T., Blue Man Group and Poseidon Adventure needs replacing. Not including rides that are duds like F&F, Shrek. Universal needs the next big thrill ride and many others.
They just opened Velocicoaster....

Hot take for me, if Dragons is going for the sake of another IP...why not Pokemon? Outside of a few IP's, Pokemon's one of the biggest IP's in the world. Giving it the megaland, feels like a great opportunity to go all in on the Pokemon branding.

Have it be a Fantasyland level land, with the biomes represented in small lands, depicting and featuring Pokemon, with the E-Ticket being an all ages attraction going after Team Rocket. Have all the generations represented in one unique and varied land.

Hot take for me, if Dragons is going for the sake of another IP...why not Pokemon? Outside of a few IP's, Pokemon's one of the biggest IP's in the world. Giving it the megaland, feels like a great opportunity to go all in on the Pokemon branding.

Have it be a Fantasyland level land, with the biomes represented in small lands, depicting and featuring Pokemon, with the E-Ticket being an all ages attraction going after Team Rocket. Have all the generations represented in one unique and varied land.
Oh that’s not a bad idea. It’s always been speculated that next to SNW is going to be for Nintendo but I’m sure they could change that if they wanted. That’d be fun, then maybe we get another Mario ride.

Best case scenario I still think is HTTYD here.

Status
Not open for further replies.