Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

USH Holidays 2017

Universal Studios Hollywood will be livestreaming the Media event of the Holiday's, particularly of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter's holiday additions at 8 PM MT/7 PM MT.

It will be on FaceBook later tonight. And that it also looks like the IU Hollywood team is at Hollywood today, so keep an eye on possibly the IU Twitter or Facebook accounts, as they may of gotten a media invite for the event.

Had the privlidge of seeing the show tonight. It's much better than Nighttime Lights. Much more atmospheric and it feels a lot longer (even though in actuality, it's not much). The fireworks were nice but I was expecting more, especially during the sequence with the twins. The twinkling lights are also much more interactive with the show. Really dug it.

I fear for the crowds. The park had record breaking attendances last winter and that was just Grinchmas. The Wizarding World holiday stuff is amazing, and I think we can expect even bigger turnout this winter. The crowd control team did an admirable job over the summer, but I'm not sure how they'll fare when you add an extra 10,000 guests. I bet they're regretting removing those Timed Entry kiosks now!

I still think it's weird that 1) USH is the only major theme park in SoCal to not officially begin their holiday offerings this weekend, and 2) even within their own park, the holiday offerings don't start at the same time, with Nov 24 for Hogsmeade and Dec 2 for Grinchmas. Not the best planning on their end, IMO.

I still think it's weird that 1) USH is the only major theme park in SoCal to not officially begin their holiday offerings this weekend, and 2) even within their own park, the holiday offerings don't start at the same time, with Nov 24 for Hogsmeade and Dec 2 for Grinchmas. Not the best planning on their end, IMO.

It's because they need extra time to remove HHN from Universal Plaza before setting up Grinchmas, if i'm not mistaken.

They probably don't want to pay all the face characters required to run Grinchmas for that extra weekend, unfortunately.