Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Expansion?

They’re basically pulling a Disney. “Celebrating an anniversary? Random food options and cheap merch! That’s all you get!”

they should be better than that.
Used to be we'd get some signs around the park and that was it...minus HHN

Now we get a merch collection...I'm celebrating the little wins lol

WOW has it really been that long?!

Something nice for next year would be great

Curious how attendance is doing at VB these days

I to am curious how the crowds are right now but when I went the last day VB was open last year it was an absolute zoo, wall to wall I felt so uncomfortable (even outside of COVID norms I found it really full) that I basically left right away. I can only imagine weekends it is absolutely full. Hate the idea of increasing capacity at VB but it would be good for an expansion to release pressure of how many people are in the main loop of the park.

I to am curious how the crowds are right now but when I went the last day VB was open last year it was an absolute zoo, wall to wall I felt so uncomfortable (even outside of COVID norms I found it really full) that I basically left right away. I can only imagine weekends it is absolutely full. Hate the idea of increasing capacity at VB but it would be good for an expansion to release pressure of how many people are in the main loop of the park.
I've seen several vlogs from there and it looks decently packed

Here's something fun to add that has a small footprint. Really changes up what the park offers.

This is the kind of thing I was hoping for when I heard them call this a "water theme park" early on. A true hybrid of dry park and water park, instead of the Blizzard Beach style park we got. It's an experimentation and evolution of the amusement park formula that I would love to see.

That would take a big chunk of the space, but isn't something like that going into Epic?

That would take a big chunk of the space, but isn't something like that going into Epic?

Something similar is, but this one would fit in Volcano Bay and at least support the "Water Theme Park" marketing.

However, closer to Epic Universe I am expecting Volcano Bay to drop the "water theme park" tag and just be labeled as a water park.

The expansion should include one of these, or both:
1) a new ride exciting enough to compete with Krakatau, to lessen the wait time of both. Could possibly be a high capacity dark ride that could operate in a storm. Lava themed?
2) a Ride Now attraction to give you something to do while you wait for other rides. Something as fun as the Fearless river.

Bonus points if they include a new food option, more lockers, restrooms, etc. Maybe a place with another iconic must try food option to draw you to the back of the park.

IMG-20220407-113429.jpg