WandaVision | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

WandaVision

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As far as Mephisto goes, I’ve had the though that the SWORD Director could be Mephisto.

This makes perfect sense now that I read it. Although ...

I think he's also offscreen husband Ralph. Double reveal.

Random question

Was there a point to lampshading the fact she's referred to as "Wanda" and not "Scarlet Witch"? MCU has never shied away from "comic booky" stuff, going back to the first Iron Man ("technically it's a gold titanium alloy but that sounds cooler"). And later on we get the pun of calling Westview "The Hex." Is her alias off the table for some obscure legality? Or are they trying to set up some big finale reveal?

This makes perfect sense now that I read it. Although ...

I think he's also offscreen husband Ralph. Double reveal.

Random question

Was there a point to lampshading the fact she's referred to as "Wanda" and not "Scarlet Witch"? MCU has never shied away from "comic booky" stuff, going back to the first Iron Man ("technically it's a gold titanium alloy but that sounds cooler"). And later on we get the pun of calling Westview "The Hex." Is her alias off the table for some obscure legality? Or are they trying to set up some big finale reveal?
Ralph is definitely important in some way. It's very possible he's Mephisto. I also think it's possible the SWORD Director is a Skrull.

As for why the SWORD agents didn't say her name was Scarlet Witch when they asked if she had a "goofy name", it's because it's never been spoken yet. No one has heard it. I'll bet she says it before the end of the season.

I think originally it had to do with the Fox/Marvel/Disney usage of the character. That's why her powers weren't as expansive as they are now and why she was never given a superhero name. Now that the usage isn't an issue anymore, I'm guessing they're going to build up to it.

I think originally it had to do with the Fox/Marvel/Disney usage of the character. That's why her powers weren't as expansive as they are now and why she was never given a superhero name. Now that the usage isn't an issue anymore, I'm guessing they're going to build up to it.
I actually have a feeling the name may drop as soon as next episode give next episode is Halloween and we've seen what she looks like in that one. She looks like the old comic accurate Scarlett Witch. Since they'll be dressed up, it'll give a chance maybe for Vision to coin the name for her by saying something like "You look lovely dear. Like a Witch. A Scarlett Witch".

I actually have a feeling the name may drop as soon as next episode give next episode is Halloween and we've seen what she looks like in that one. She looks like the old comic accurate Scarlett Witch. Since they'll be dressed up, it'll give a chance maybe for Vision to coin the name for her by saying something like "You look lovely dear. Like a Witch. A Scarlett Witch".

Its gonna be one of the people outside of the Hex that names her. Seems like a Jimmy or Darcy thing.

Reactions: Grabnar
I’m watching it again because I watched when my wife was at work and I need to pretend this is my first viewing.

When they’re doing the profile on Wanda, they show her at a protest, it’s the same scene from Age of Ultron, her brothers face is blurred out.

This could be that they don’t have the rights to use Aaron Taylor Johnson’s likeness or something else is at play.

Edit: I've went back and checked. They've just cropped him out.

wanda 2.JPGwanda 1.JPG

Last edited:
I would have lumped the first 3 episodes together for the first day of release. The episodes after are fine as episodic content.

Personally, I would've opened with Monica's blip back (but we don't know who she is just yet), cut to the Marvel logo, do the 1st episode as it was, and at the end - add a bit more of "something's not right" instead of just a "person viewing TV" tease. They could've spliced more of ep 4 in between 2 & 3 and still leave #4 to build more of Monica's backstory as well as flesh SWORD out (as they are new and we're supposed to be unfamiliar with them).

Personally, I would've opened with Monica's blip back (but we don't know who she is just yet), cut to the Marvel logo, do the 1st episode as it was, and at the end - add a bit more of "something's not right" instead of just a "person viewing TV" tease. They could've spliced more of ep 4 in between 2 & 3 and still leave #4 to build more of Monica's backstory as well as flesh SWORD out (as they are new and we're supposed to be unfamiliar with them).

I think rewatching the first 3 episodes now, is going to be completely different with the knowledge from the last 2 episodes.

The dinner scene with the husband choking is even more chilling knowing what we know now.

Reactions: Nick and Brian G.
I mean...this episode opens up so much

Also I don't care what anyone says...the next spiderman film will have all three live action actors.

The FBI never said who the missing person is. SWORD didn’t tell them about Vision being gone so I think that’s the real mystery. Also on the list of people and identities, I found it peculiar two people were not on the board...Dottie who was a major part of episode 2. They identified Beverly and Herb from the 60s episode.

Also, Dottie alluded first to knowing Wanda and vision didn’t belong. Even more so than Agnes.

I've had a few more thoughts:

It seems like Wanda can control everybody except; Vision, the kids and maybe the dog. (If this really is their kids and not just something that Wanda willed into existence, I assume this means they have powers. Does this also mean that Vision has a penis? On the dog front, I read an interesting theory that the dog knew something was up and was trying to commit suicide. Licking the electrical outlet and eating poisonous leaves.

Another theory is that the mailman is the missing person.

Who is the aerospace engineer that Monica mentioned and was in contact with? My mind went to Reed Richards but that seems too big for something like this.

The FBI never said who the missing person is. SWORD didn’t tell them about Vision being gone so I think that’s the real mystery. Also on the list of people and identities, I found it peculiar two people were not on the board...Dottie who was a major part of episode 2. They identified Beverly and Herb from the 60s episode.

Also, Dottie alluded first to knowing Wanda and vision didn’t belong. Even more so than Agnes.

I think Dottie could be Mephisto. Agnes made a throwaway comment about the devil being near or something when she spoke.

One little thing I found amusing:
The Wanda vs. Captain Marvel vs. Thanos conversation (where it was like the characters had actually watched ENDGAME the movie, rather than simply heard about what happened in the final battle):

"Wanda would have totally beaten Thanos if he hadn't done yadda yadda."

"Well, I think Captain Marvel could have beaten him EVEN MORE!"

Meanwhile, even in death, Tony Stark -- the one who actually defeated Thanos, and the only one who ever would have, per Doctor Strange seeing all the variable futures -- still gets no respect in this universe!

One little thing I found amusing:
The Wanda vs. Captain Marvel vs. Thanos conversation (where it was like the characters had actually watched ENDGAME the movie, rather than simply heard about what happened in the final battle):

"Wanda would have totally beaten Thanos if he hadn't done yadda yadda."

"Well, I think Captain Marvel could have beaten him EVEN MORE!"

Meanwhile, even in death, Tony Stark -- the one who actually defeated Thanos, and the only one who ever would have, per Doctor Strange seeing all the variable futures -- still gets no respect in this universe!
I actually thought it was important for them to acknowledge that Wanda and Captain Marvel could have taken down Thanos on their own because we all know they could have, but them saying it inside of the MCU is important imo as it finally acknowledges that those two are the most powerful Avengers.

Reactions: Frogki
I actually thought it was important for them to acknowledge that Wanda and Captain Marvel could have taken down Thanos on their own because we all know they could have, but them saying it inside of the MCU is important imo as it finally acknowledges that those two are the most powerful Avengers.

I'm leery of that sort of definitive power ranking becoming explicit in-universe, because it will be impossible to be very consistent with it.

Characters are generally as weak or powerful as the writers need them to be in any given scenario. The more powerful "on paper" that you make them, the more backflips you have to do as a writer to create drama and worthy adversaries.

It's kind of fascinating in the context of WANDAVISION, because Wanda's biggest opponent here...
... is probably, essentially, herself.

I'm leery of that sort of definitive power ranking becoming explicit in-universe, because it will be impossible to be very consistent with it.

Characters are generally as weak or powerful as the writers need them to be in any given scenario. The more powerful "on paper" that you make them, the more backflips you have to do as a writer to create drama and worthy adversaries.

It's kind of fascinating in the context of WANDAVISION, because Wanda's biggest opponent here...
... is probably, essentially, herself.
They did backflips in Infinity War and Endgame, purposefully keeping Wanda and Captain Marvel out of key fight scenes and when they finally did show up, they were able to go one on one with Thanos and his army and hold their own rather easily.